ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   police van passes me doing.......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/410403-police-van-passes-me-doing.html)

leecalcars 11 March 2005 10:16 PM

police van passes me doing..........

Double standards or what? finished work today drove home on duel carriagway doing about 75 to 80 mph when out of the blue this cop van flew past me doing at least 90.
He had dog section written across the side of the van ,had no blue light flashing and didn't seem to be chasing anyone so whats going on then if that had been me passing him at that speed i'd have been nicked!!!!!!!.
It really pi$$es me of that they think they can get away with it ,the truth of the matter is they do.

Budgie 11 March 2005 10:35 PM

pull out behind and follow
when stopped tell the officer you were re callibrating your speedo by his :p

budgie

budgie55 11 March 2005 10:35 PM

lucky he didnt pull ya doing 75-80 ;) :D

dont think they HAVE to have the flashers on do they? Perhaps he was late for tea or maybe just brasting for a p1$$ :D ... seriously .. dont think they have to have the old flashers on m8 especially if the traffic is flowing nicely like for instance on a dual carriageway.

Budgie 11 March 2005 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by budgie55
lucky he didnt pull ya doing 75-80 ;) :D

dont think they HAVE to have the flashers on do they? Perhaps he was late for tea or maybe just brasting for a p1$$ :D ... seriously .. dont think they have to have the old flashers on m8 especially if the traffic is flowing nicely like for instance on a dual carriageway.

two budgie's on one thread
whats your excuse m8

budgie

leecalcars 11 March 2005 10:40 PM

I did follow him for about 6 miles then he cleared of up the slip,the thing is wether he was busting for one or in need of a cuppa they should lead by example don't you think.

budgie55 11 March 2005 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by peter budgen
two budgie's on one thread
whats your excuse m8

budgie

nothing to do with my name unfortunately and is rather sad how the nick came about... basically couldnt think of a good nick years and years ago when the interweb was just a lad and hotmail was the new crazy free email doing the rounds....I couldnt think of a good nick and a mate just so happened to keep ermmm Budgies
(weird lad I know) :/ tried the name budgie but someone had pinched it on hotmail :o so one of the suggestions was Budgie55 and alas I was born lolz

Sorry its a bit of a crappy story and kind of sad really but well ermmm ya did ask hehe :D :D

Cheers

Allan

SPEN555 11 March 2005 10:48 PM

It's that time of year. They come outta hibernation and next thing ya know this thread will be caked in bird $hite! ;)

budgie55 11 March 2005 10:51 PM

/me reaches for the swissol ...or is it Zymol or Autoglym or damn I dunno what do you guys think........

/me runs/flys for the hills :D ;)

screwdriver 11 March 2005 10:52 PM

Frankly I would expect this kind of blue rinse comment in a knitting forum. If anyone "really pi$$es you off" for doing 90 - even a copper, you'd be better off studying next years patterns. Knit one purl one...

Screwd.

BuRR 11 March 2005 11:30 PM

How do you know he wasn't on a call?

Blue lights tend to give you away when you might want to sneak up to a location where surprise may get you the arrest.

leecalcars 11 March 2005 11:36 PM

tell me who isnt goin to see a dog van doin 90 on a dual carriagway wether he got lights on or not the fact of the matter is he wasn't goin to a job because the road he was on is in the middle of nowhere

Nathan L 12 March 2005 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by leecalcars
the fact of the matter is he wasn't goin to a job because the road he was on is in the middle of nowhere

Buwahahahahaha. :D :rolleyes:

Are you telling me crime doesn't happen out in the middle of nowhere? If there is nothing around where does the road go to? Nowhere?

You have absolutely no idea what he was doing or where he was going, fact.

I drove along the A21 Wednesday night at 140 MPH, guess what, I didn't have my blue lights on either.

Does that mean I wasn't on the way to a call?

Scoob99 12 March 2005 10:20 AM

Why was the Scoob getting away from you :D:D:D

Stevie.p 12 March 2005 10:47 AM

:luxhello: I do agree with BURR in some cases in our job the element of suprise gives us the upper hand in catching these people.

and

Nathan L you are spot on with what you said in you're last post :thumb::thumb:

Neil r 12 March 2005 10:55 AM

Are you sure it was a police van? I've noticed at least one van in the Northampton area thats stickered up with 'Dog Section' down the side and reflectrive graphics etc but it's actually a security company. I followed it for miles the other night before I realised it didn't actually say police on it anywhere.

Butty 12 March 2005 10:57 AM

How do you know it was a cop?
Vehicle servicing is usually done by private companies. Their employees are meant to be aware about what they are driving around, as it could lead to complaints,just like yours if they abuse their position.

Nick

chris's scooby 12 March 2005 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan L

I drove along the A21 Wednesday night at 140 MPH, guess what, I didn't have my blue lights on either.

I don't know, were you on your way home after finishing a shift?:p

Nathan L 12 March 2005 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
I don't know, were you on your way home after finishing a shift?:p

Not this time mate.

That would be 150mph anyway :p :D :D

Bubba po 12 March 2005 11:50 AM

I reckon he was off to see a man about a dog. :)

Nathan L 12 March 2005 11:51 AM

A black one ;)

Trashman 12 March 2005 03:20 PM

;)

Bubba po 12 March 2005 06:54 PM

Amateur cornering in forums other than Muppets is the work of a Cad and a scoundrel.

-Thought you'd like to know. :lol1:

Daz34 12 March 2005 07:09 PM

Yes a pathetic attempt at a corner :p
Do you play Snap! by yourself as well? ;)

Bubba po 12 March 2005 07:12 PM

Arm-wrestling with Joeys... that's his favourite. :D

Petem95 12 March 2005 08:58 PM

Must have been a real emergancy - top earning local speed camera out of film or something?

Motorway Police do generally seem quite realistic with speed however - they often seem to cruise along at about 95, and dont seem to mind other traffic flowing along at 80-90.

Nathan L 12 March 2005 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
Must have been a real emergancy - top earning local speed camera out of film or something?

:cuckoo:

Scoobynet and the we hate all police due to speed scameras is so boring, very 2004. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Anyway you're wrong, my tea was getting cold :p

Luminous 12 March 2005 09:43 PM

Top earning speed cameras tend to be digital these days. Makes it much easier to just sit back and let the pennies, errr make that pounds come flowing in.

Anyway, you are not going to hear me moan about speed cameras, there are none where I live :)

stevie boy 13 March 2005 09:44 AM

i thought the speed limits didn't apply to the feds? on a shout or not.

stevie

Nathan L 13 March 2005 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by stevie boy
i thought the speed limits didn't apply to the feds? on a shout or not.

stevie

Under normal circumstances they do apply.

Every now and again a ticket will come through from a scamera, you will then have to justify why you were speeding and what you were doing.

If you can't you get the points and fine.

Nathan..