ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dump valve question (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/410346-dump-valve-question.html)

kilo_4que 11 March 2005 06:52 PM

Dump valve question

I am thinking of getting an atmospheric dump valve and quite like the sound of a Bailey's dump valve however they do so many different types so dont know which one im referring to. Nevertheless, i told two guys that im after a baileys until they ended up argueing lol

their arguement ended in what the loudest dump valve there is and what sounds the coolest lol. Got me curious cos i never compared dump valves before, all i knew was that baileys and blitz dump valves are common so must be rather good and prefered the sound of a baileys, the sharper sound if u get what i mean

my question is, what is regarded as the loudest dump valve amongst those openly available and also what other dump valves have a more unique sound i.e. the blitz has a normal tshhhh noise and the baileys has a more sharper tinny noise. R there any others out there too

Regards, any help would be welcome

btw its for a MY99 Sti version 5

7 Foot 11 March 2005 06:57 PM

:Suspiciou

GC8 11 March 2005 07:17 PM

ffs

For the best sound fit any VTA dump valve with a duck call.....

Vrooom Vrooom..... QUACK !

codie247 11 March 2005 07:18 PM

d/v

hi m8,

i had a bailey d/v fitted to my99,,quite loud pssshhhhhttt!!(if you know what i mean:) ) removed it to go back to recirculating d/v. but to be honest i missed the noise(yes chav), so i fitted a hks ssqv,this has a different sound completely. love it.plenty of flames and popping:thumb:

Lee

Dark Blue Mark 11 March 2005 07:26 PM

FFS do a search :rolleyes: There was a very good thread a while back where myself and others pretty much put it to bed that the only benefit (if you percieve it to be one) is the noise. All other points were negatives.

MB

Jay_bee 11 March 2005 07:40 PM

DBM...

Have you checked the Wanted section on 22b lately?

kilo_4que

Sorry for the hijack...

Back on topic...

:D

Aztec Performance Ltd 11 March 2005 07:46 PM

bah bah bah bah.......

Aztec Performance Ltd 11 March 2005 07:47 PM

;)

Iwan 11 March 2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
ffs

There's an audio file on the net of some guys who did this! :D

G_Sleigh_STi 11 March 2005 07:58 PM

i have a GFB Mach2. Really nice sound to it :)

Dark Blue Mark 11 March 2005 08:06 PM

Will do Jay ;)

Bob :D

MB

kilo_4que 11 March 2005 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
FFS do a search :rolleyes: There was a very good thread a while back where myself and others pretty much put it to bed that the only benefit (if you percieve it to be one) is the noise. All other points were negatives.

MB

yes Dark Blue I have read that in fact read that whislt the discussion was going on back then but the point of that thread was more "are they worth it", here im wanting to know the most amplified sound from a particular dump valve and whats out there cos so far the only people i can ask are those selling them and they will never put a product down that they are selling.

I know this thread is chavvy but hey wtf, as many other i like the sound too.

In actual fact i was more dedicated to the current recirculation DV but with so many going around with a psst here n a psst there, i thought hey, why not join in the the fun.

ALi-B 11 March 2005 11:37 PM

<puts Hands on Ears and Sings Loudly>

;)

kilo_4que 11 March 2005 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B
<puts Hands on Ears and Sings Loudly>

;)

:D

Jay_bee 12 March 2005 12:02 AM

They're all loud, they all go "pssshhhhhttt"......

But I believe the Blitz dual trumpet super sequential dumper (or whatever it's called :Whatever_ ) is the loudest...

Personally, I'd just stick with a recirc

kilo_4que 12 March 2005 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jay_bee
They're all loud, they all go "pssshhhhhttt"......

But I believe the Blitz dual trumpet super sequential dumper (or whatever it's called :Whatever_ ) is the loudest...

Personally, I'd just stick with a recirc

hmm true but im selling soon and by summer maybe building one from a rolling shell as a project so if i buy a dump valve now, i can enjoy the psst noise from the sti and then can use it later for the project car :)

BuRR 12 March 2005 08:50 AM

My HKS SSQV caused my car problems once I had a BRD remap with increased boost.... a bit like hitting fuel cut when the engine expected the charge recirculating and found the DV had spat it all out!

Gone back to the recirc and its a sweet as a nut.

6 pot 13 March 2005 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
ffs

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol1: :lol1: :lol: :lol:

6 pot 13 March 2005 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
I am thinking of getting an atmospheric dump valve and quite like the sound of a Bailey's dump valve however they do so many different types so dont know which one im referring to. Nevertheless, i told two guys that im after a baileys until they ended up argueing lol

their arguement ended in what the loudest dump valve there is and what sounds the coolest lol. Got me curious cos i never compared dump valves before, all i knew was that baileys and blitz dump valves are common so must be rather good and prefered the sound of a baileys, the sharper sound if u get what i mean

my question is, what is regarded as the loudest dump valve amongst those openly available and also what other dump valves have a more unique sound i.e. the blitz has a normal tshhhh noise and the baileys has a more sharper tinny noise. R there any others out there too

Regards, any help would be welcome

btw its for a MY99 Sti version 5

WHY BOTHER YOU ALLREADY HAVE ONE :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :idea: