ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   dog gone!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/410205-dog-gone.html)

iain ross 11 March 2005 10:19 AM

dog gone!!

The other morning a dog decided to head but my wing mirror whilst i was doing 20mph. Resulting in one smashed wing mirror and dented weather strip below the window. Subaru have quoted me £307.50 to put it all back right of which £167.50 +vat is the wing mirror. does anyone know of a less expensive way to get hold of a my03 wrx near side wing mirror in graphite black mica?

oh by the way the dog was ok!

TonyBurns 11 March 2005 10:55 AM

www.gradea-subaru.co.uk :D

Tony:D

Jay m A 11 March 2005 11:44 AM

If the dog was OK then get him to pay for it :D

shaunywrx 11 March 2005 12:02 PM

[
QUOTE=Jay m A]If the dog was OK then get him to pay for it :D[/QUOTE]
That's right if you can prove who the owner is, they have a legal responsobility to pay for any damage's the dog's caused. This may be covered by pet insurance or possibly household insurance, or was it your own dog?

richie rich 11 March 2005 12:21 PM

i cant belive how much main dealers charge , just becouse we pay loads for fuel and insurance doesnt mean we want to pay through the arse for parts and labour.:mad:

Originally Posted by iain ross
The other morning a dog decided to head but my wing mirror whilst i was doing 20mph. Resulting in one smashed wing mirror and dented weather strip below the window. Subaru have quoted me £307.50 to put it all back right of which £167.50 +vat is the wing mirror. does anyone know of a less expensive way to get hold of a my03 wrx near side wing mirror in graphite black mica?

oh by the way the dog was ok!

Jay m A 11 March 2005 12:22 PM

If it was his own dog, thats a fcuking lazy way to walk it :D:D

richie rich 11 March 2005 12:24 PM

i put mine on a treadmill :norty:

Originally Posted by Jay m A
If it was his own dog, thats a fcuking lazy way to walk it :D:D

Gav1 11 March 2005 02:46 PM

:lol1: A dog head butted your wing mirror??!!!

Thats one tall dog!! Or was it a flying head butt??

Gav.

Harry_Boy 11 March 2005 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by iain ross
...a dog decided to head but my wing mirror...

Must've been a very vain great dane.... :Whatever_ :D

speedking 11 March 2005 04:40 PM

near side wing mirror
the dog was undertaking and will be entirely responsible :D

iain ross 12 March 2005 02:07 PM

Dog got spooked whilst on the path with owner, jumped into the road. Thats when i hit it, got owners mobile number although he said he has no fixed address. He's just going to give me the run around. Went to the police station yesterday to report it but they where closed!!. Nice to know that with all this money we seem to be paying out in tax, that we actually get **** all for it! wish the dog had gone underneath the front wheel at least id be £307.50 better off.

donutman 12 March 2005 02:46 PM

i take it was not a jack russell then