ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PRANGED THE CAR LAST NIGHT (long story) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/410170-pranged-the-car-last-night-long-story.html)

T5NYW 11 March 2005 07:42 AM

PRANGED THE CAR LAST NIGHT (long story)

last night I was following my mate in his Discovery to his Local Pub in the Sticks. (I never drink and Drive) We are going along a narrow single lane road and was a good 200 yds or so behind because of the Cr4p being thrown up by his wheels.

I came around a corner doing a steady 20-25 ish becuase of muddy road. I was greeted by a pairs of eyes lit up in the middle of the road, fairly certain a Fox :mad: I just swerved abit and went on to the grass was unfortunately it was only few inches wide then a 3ft x 6ft deep ditch :rolleyes: the car just went over the edge. :(

I did panic and tried to kick out the damaged windscreen but only ended up hurting my toe, just couln't kick it out :eek: my only other injury was bruise to shoulder. My mate had turned around looking for me, though I was lost, climbed on car and helped me out of the Drivers door and then a local Farmer came to help. The car 2 wheels level with edge of the grass and concrete drain. I seemed to be stuck in there for ages, just lucky it was at low speed wasn't full of water, doesn't bare thinking about.

The farmer got his Tractor and managed to pull it out took an hour or so. it did fall back once denting the roof a bit more :cry:

Sorry but I did have a cry when I saw the mess.

I got the Car started, cut hand on windscreen cleaning it :rolleyes: and drove it to the main road :cool: testimony to the strenth of the Car. and I then managed to get a phone signal and called Subaru assistance :D:D

This Looks like another £5-7k bill :( I don't think I'll be able to afford insurance without any NCB and could mean the end of the road for Subaru ownership :mad:
My misses is so upset and blaming Racing cars, wholesale :( wants me to get repaired, flog it and get a people carrier or a pushbike :(

Tony

XRS 11 March 2005 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear that , just bad luck I guess. :(

Jiggerypokery 11 March 2005 08:36 AM

Damn, that's sickening :( (It could have been much worse though)

Fulham71 11 March 2005 08:37 AM

Sorry to hear that mate !

NotoriousREV 11 March 2005 08:44 AM

It's New Labours fault: if only they hadn't banned Fox Hunting :mad:

Sorry, only trying to make you laugh.

ajm 11 March 2005 08:45 AM

I blame the ban on fox hunting :mad:

Seriously though, sorry about your accident :(

Edit: LOL beat me to it Rev! ;)

speedking 11 March 2005 08:53 AM

V. sorry to hear that :( With hindsight would have been better to mash the fox and pick up a £500 bill.

Phil 11 March 2005 08:54 AM

Gutted for you mate

p1doc 11 March 2005 08:55 AM

b*gger that is just very bad luck
martin

Scoob99 11 March 2005 09:43 AM

Tony,
Gutted for you mate:(

Paulo P 11 March 2005 09:50 AM

:cry: It's been a bad 12 months for you hasn't it :( Like you say though at least the ditch wasn't full of water, it must have been frightening not being able to get out of the car :eek:

Scrappydoo2003 11 March 2005 09:52 AM

That's really bad news Tony.. glad you're ok though... if you have to leave Scooby ownership behind after this then hopefully it won't be for long.. :(

Vegescoob 11 March 2005 09:54 AM

My sympathy to you.
However, could just as easily have happened in any vehicle, nothing to do with Scoob.

ProdriveSTI 11 March 2005 09:59 AM

T5NYW - I’m sorry so to hear about your mis-hap, :cry: I know I would be just like you & be gutted!! If my scoob was damage.
I do hope you persuade the Mrs to change her mind & get another scoob!!
As other people have said it was just bad luck & could have happened in any car…

wrxmania 11 March 2005 10:12 AM

I've been in a ditch with mine - not good.

Hope it works out one way or another :(

Brian ;)

New_scooby_04 11 March 2005 10:13 AM

Very sorry to hear that mate, glad you're ok, though.

TonyBurns 11 March 2005 10:15 AM

Sorry to hear about your car Tony :(:(:(:(
Next time though, run the bloody fox over ;) (spoilers and bumpers are cheap to replace ;))
Been there myself (twice though only one due to an animal) and only one in a ditch (even i couldnt get the landrover out of it :eek: )
Not alot i can say about the insurance though :(
Hopefully it wont effect you that much at renewal time :D and you can still keep the scoob :D:D:D

Tony:)

DBY 11 March 2005 10:16 AM

Very sorry to here mate, L & V are gong to love you, most important thing is you were not badly hurt.

John

T5NYW 11 March 2005 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by speedking
V. sorry to hear that :( With hindsight would have been better to mash the fox and pick up a £500 bill.

I agree but instinct was to avoid :(

The only trouble is I had a real good quote for PX ing the Car £16.5K but by the time it's repaired and "history" will be lucky to get £12K really P**ded off :mad:

The wife not speaking to me, glad I'm a work :rolleyes:

Tony

Ps. LOL Fox Ban ;)

T5NYW 11 March 2005 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by DBY
Very sorry to here mate, L & V are gong to love you, most important thing is you were not badly hurt.

John

I know that's what really worrying me, just don't think I could afford without full NCB.

We did try and protect the roof from Damage when getting it out the Culvert, we put some Plywood on roof, again in hindsight maybe shouldn't have.

Originally Posted by ALL

Thanks for your sympathy, got a vehicle picking the car up this afternoon :D

Tony

gpssti4 11 March 2005 10:48 AM

Tony,

There's only one answer - sue the fox for damages, I'm sure it stopped (they are responsible animals), so you should have exchanged details and can recover your losses.

Sorry!

Really sorry to hear of your bad luck

Danny B 11 March 2005 11:31 AM

Are you the same bloke that had that unfortunate "off" at a trackday a while back?
Damn that is bad luck if you are, get rid of the car as it must be jinxed :(

ProdriveSTI 11 March 2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by T5NYW

The only trouble is I had a real good quote for PX ing the Car £16.5K but by the time it's repaired and "history" will be lucky to get £12K really P**ded off :mad:

Maybe, just maby you should keep it for one more year - TSL/WRC it to about 360-370 BHP have fun then get the new 06 STI :)

shaunywrx 11 March 2005 11:47 AM

Very sorry to hear about your accident, at least ure ok, as for the car, and your wife giving you a hard time, get a cheap run around, and keep the scoob for trackdays only, and erm i know a good divorce lawyer!:norty:

Stevie.p 11 March 2005 11:54 AM

The main thing is that ur ok but i feel totally gutted for you mate:cry:

Scrappydoo2003 11 March 2005 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by T5NYW

The wife not speaking to me, glad I'm a work :rolleyes:

Women eh..? You would imagine they'd be happy you hadn't killed yourself..! Never happy unless they've got something to moan about are they?

Catwoman 11 March 2005 12:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your car, sweet of you to swerve for a fox, if your wifes not speaking to you I will :luvlove:

Dave_A 11 March 2005 12:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. At least there was no one there cheering you on this time :(

Hope the car gets straightened out, but the important things is that you are ok and not injured. I'm sure the missus wil get over it. Perhaps try and get her in the frameset that if it had been a smaller car you might have disappeared down the ditch and never been found :D

Dave

marklemac 11 March 2005 12:24 PM

Tony,

I had a good amount of NCB when I had my 95WRX many years ago. I then got a R33 GTR Skyline and 5 days later wrote it off. That wiped out my NCB. I then 2 yrs later wrote off an EVO 6 and was reduced to no NCB.
I eventually ended up with with my current MY02 STI and went with elephant to accelerate my NCB back up.

Even with 2 x £20k claims I was only paying around £1200 for fully comp.
I've been a good boy since so am now paying £580.

So, don't just assume that your going to be shafted on your renewal.
Shop around at renewal time and you may be suprised.....

spally 11 March 2005 12:33 PM

tony, really sorry to hear your bad news....important thing is you're ok....hope it gets sorted and has a satisfactory ending.....ie you can still have a scoob ;)