ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Group N rally exhaust??????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/409866-group-n-rally-exhaust.html)

imprezaturbochick 10 March 2005 08:09 AM

Group N rally exhaust???????

Anyone know anything about these exhausts?? Want something different from the norm and found this but cant find any info bout them with regards to power gains n noise etc. Help?????

mark@wrx 10 March 2005 10:50 AM

A true Group n exhaust has the same style of neck design at the turbo outlet as a standard downpipe, ie a relatively small outlet. These aren't the best design for maximum power, you want an open necked one for that. My mates is a Mongoose and on his STi6 its recently been measured at 102dB. IIRC my old Scoobysport was about 98dB.

p1doc 10 March 2005 01:11 PM

tsl do a lovely group n backbox,liveable for a 2 year old but loud enough on full acceleration
martin

imprezaturbochick 10 March 2005 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by mark@wrx
A true Group n exhaust has the same style of neck design at the turbo outlet as a standard downpipe, ie a relatively small outlet. These aren't the best design for maximum power, you want an open necked one for that. My mates is a Mongoose and on his STi6 its recently been measured at 102dB. IIRC my old Scoobysport was about 98dB.

Many thanks!!!! Didnt realise that. Maybe ill look at having a Mongoose. Just want something that sounds bit different from everyone elses!

imprezaturbochick 10 March 2005 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
tsl do a lovely group n backbox,liveable for a 2 year old but loud enough on full acceleration
martin

Did want a full system but ill have a look n c what they do. Thank you!

austen_wrx 10 March 2005 01:27 PM

agree with the backbox, i have had mine since the little'un was 2 and he loves it :)

DaveW 10 March 2005 02:05 PM

If your after something a bit different, you could try the OMP GPN or GPA exhaust available from Demon Tweeks. Only mild steel so will rust, but its cheap and should give a nice soft sound rather than the tinny sound you get with stainless steel.

Dave.

ski 10 March 2005 05:39 PM

True GR N exhausts are also quick release.They have springs(sleeved) rather than bolt type flanges.This makes them rattle a bit more too.So if you don't know about it you may think something is loose under the car :)

imprezaturbochick 10 March 2005 06:03 PM

Just been chattin to various suppliers and dont think mild steel is the way to go - and right about the rattles!!

Just been quoted £430 for Magnex downpipe, centre and back section. Been looking around and seems a good proce. What dyu think?

imprezaturbochick 10 March 2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW
If your after something a bit different, you could try the OMP GPN or GPA exhaust available from Demon Tweeks. Only mild steel so will rust, but its cheap and should give a nice soft sound rather than the tinny sound you get with stainless steel.

Dave.

Just been on phone to them. only 3 mnth guarantee and rattles etc.. However, did sound like the noise i was after!!!!! Nice n loud!!