ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Eibach springs / Geometry (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/409169-eibach-springs-geometry.html)

Taff107 07 March 2005 07:44 PM

Eibach springs / Geometry

With 19's on, my car looks a bit like it should be doing the Paris-Dakar, so I'm after some Eibachs to drop it a little. The trouble is, although the front looks high and can afford to be dropped 20-25mm, the rear looks ok. I really don't want to buy them, stick them on and find out that it's rubbing all the time. :( Secondly, I have a friend who runs a wheel / tyre firm and has said that he could set the car up for me with the prodrive / fast road settings. Anyone tell me what they are and if there are any down-sides to setting them as so.
Any advice would be appreciated as suspension is a bit of a black art to me!:ponder2:

WRXEEEEEED 07 March 2005 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Taff107
With 19's on, my car looks a bit like it should be doing the Paris-Dakar, so I'm after some Eibachs to drop it a little. The trouble is, although the front looks high and can afford to be dropped 20-25mm, the rear looks ok. I really don't want to buy them, stick them on and find out that it's rubbing all the time. :( Secondly, I have a friend who runs a wheel / tyre firm and has said that he could set the car up for me with the prodrive / fast road settings. Anyone tell me what they are and if there are any down-sides to setting them as so.
Any advice would be appreciated as suspension is a bit of a black art to me!:ponder2:

I have a brand new Boxed set of Eibach springs never ever been used, for a new age WRX interestd??

e mail me: kinsonN@aol.com

Taff107 08 March 2005 12:16 PM

40 views and no-one can offer any advice!

Wrx, it all depends on my questions being answered!......

SlowBoy 08 March 2005 02:58 PM

Not that many on 19"s hence lack of response. Try asking in wheels and tyres. As long as you're running the right profile tyre and wheels are correct offset, I'm guessing you shouldn't have problems with rubbing.

danieldenham 11 March 2005 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Taff107
:.......so I'm after some Eibachs to drop it a little. The trouble is, although the front looks high and can afford to be dropped 20-25mm, the rear looks ok.........:

Eibachs will only lower the car about 10mm. They are labled as 25mm but LOADS of people (me included) have reported a very small drop. therfore if you are only looking for a small drop great the tyre issue should be ok if the rims are not rubbing now in the corner but Eibachs are not the ones you are looking for if it is major lowering you want.

7 Foot 11 March 2005 04:45 PM

Eibachs usually drop the car slightly more at the front too.

Lagamorph 13 March 2005 01:23 PM

just had them fitted on 17's the front looks like it is dropped the most handling much better especially with the prodrive geom but im wondering if the ride would be too harsh on 19's and eibachs!

Andy

Bully3176 13 March 2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph
just had them fitted on 17's the front looks like it is dropped the most handling much better especially with the prodrive geom but im wondering if the ride would be too harsh on 19's and eibachs!

Andy

eibachs dropped my wagon by about 25mm looks mean now and handles like a go kart ;)

Lagamorph 13 March 2005 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bully3176
eibachs dropped my wagon by about 25mm looks mean now and handles like a go kart ;)

have you just had a decat without remap? if so does it cause any problems without remap done?

Andy

Dazza's-STi 14 March 2005 10:13 AM

I've got eibachs on and they seem to have dropped mine a bit...

just how i want it and could be happier with the handling... :D

Its awsome!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/DSC02551.jpg