ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Advice on putting on weight (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/409085-advice-on-putting-on-weight.html)

Jamz3k 07 March 2005 03:14 PM

Advice on putting on weight

im a skinny ****er to be honest, cant be bothered working out and to be honest being musclely isnt something i care to do, i just want to put on a bit of weight. whats the best way to go about it any good websites? doesnt seem to matter what i eat or how many times i eat it i just cant put on weight to save my life:)

SJ_Skyline 07 March 2005 03:15 PM

Pies, kebabs and beer :thumb:

Jamz3k 07 March 2005 03:18 PM

thats what i've been doing lmfao, good thing about being as thin as i am i get pissed on the smell of beer:)

Brendan Hughes 07 March 2005 03:23 PM

Rub the necessary area with toilet paper three times a day.

Works for most women.

SJ_Skyline 07 March 2005 03:25 PM

Sorry chap, couldn't resist it ;)

Eat well (proper food!) and exercise well, worked for me although don't expect instant results. 2 years of going to the gym and I am getting to the point where I am happy with my build. :)

lightning101 07 March 2005 04:22 PM

What you might find is that even when eating complex carbs in abundance, there might be sugars which trigger your insulin, thyroid, or metabolism into burning calories too quickly.

Do you eat chocolate or sweets ? If so, stop doing it.

Make sure you start doing slow anarobic exercise - squats, benching, leg press etc, and forget about biceps, abs, and poofy posing muscles.

Eat about 6-7000 calories a day - broken down into 6-7 meals.

Low sugar pasta mixes, rice, porridge, etc all help, but everyones metabolism is different.

Andy Hall 07 March 2005 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by BigJay
im a skinny ****er to be honest, cant be bothered working out and to be honest being musclely isnt something i care to do, i just want to put on a bit of weight. whats the best way to go about it any good websites? doesnt seem to matter what i eat or how many times i eat it i just cant put on weight to save my life:)

You lucky *******!!!!!!:)

richie rich 07 March 2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Rub the necessary area with toilet paper three times a day.

Works for most women.

fpmsl:lol: :lol: :lol:

paulr 07 March 2005 09:06 PM

Its either weightlifting or nothing.

WH03JAM 07 March 2005 09:12 PM

Eat lots of unhealthy food - pies, chips, crisps

sit down whilst eating - and then dont move after you finished

wash it all down with a few cans of lager

2000TLondon 07 March 2005 09:15 PM

I've got about four stone I'm looking to sell.

It's high grade flab and will serve you well.

Can be used around thighs, waist and arse.

Offers invited.....

super_si 07 March 2005 09:23 PM

sounds bit stupid why would you wanna be a fat **** ?

matt85 07 March 2005 09:25 PM

Not sure on the diet but eating more protein and going to the gym and lifting weights will definately help you get bigger if you can be arsed.

Im sure some of the SN resident dieticians will be along shortly..

2000TLondon 07 March 2005 09:25 PM

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=409213

Jamo 07 March 2005 09:30 PM

ive started putting weight on since i quit smoking? if you smoke jack it in its bad for you. :D

custard puddle 07 March 2005 09:33 PM

go round my nans on saturdays, that's worked for all my family :D

cheddar bob 07 March 2005 09:43 PM

If you're not interested in gaining muscle, trianing etc then don't waste money on supplements or anything, only thing you can do is eat lots, when you full eat more etc, keep to smaller meals every 3 hrs or so instead of 1 or 2 big meals a day. It's hard to do though, harder than losing weight IMO as daft as that may sound.

kingofturds 07 March 2005 09:44 PM

http://re2.mm-b.yimg.com/image/1358947119 few beers and kebabs and u to can look this good:D

StickyMicky 07 March 2005 09:46 PM

id go with the jaffa thread

STOOBOY 07 March 2005 09:49 PM

A few tubs of Progain from Maximuscle. I took it and put on 4 bast*rd stone in 4 months which was too much. (LOL) Now im having a mission trying to get a bit smaller. None of it was fat just pure bulk. I had to buy a complete set of new clothes. Awesome stuff!

(I was weightlifting twice a week to, but still!)

Dave uk blue mica 08 March 2005 12:05 AM

this isn't very healthly but drink 8 pints of full fat milk a day, more if you can manage it and eat as much as you can as often as you can, you should never be able to feel hungry, you'll definitely put weight on this way cos i've done it and it works.

Jamz3k 08 March 2005 12:17 AM

i just ordered that progain stuff a few minutes ago and im going to start drinking milk more frequently as suggested

wayne9t9 08 March 2005 12:19 AM

Spend some time in the USA, sit in front of large screen t.v. and order in pizzas and mexican food. Its very important to order extra cheese with everything and move only to go to the bathroom. It wont take long to slap on a few stone, trust me I know :(

Jamz3k 08 March 2005 12:25 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...22b/james1.jpg

this is generally what i sit infront of :D:D:D i love my wee system

rik1471 08 March 2005 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by super_si
sounds bit stupid why would you wanna be a fat **** ?

Being slim can be as damaging to self confidence as being fat - particularly for blokes. I have a similar metabolism to the topic starter, but I know I'd rather be slim than overweight. Lol - must be human nature to be unhappy with one's self.

Rik.

milo 08 March 2005 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by rik1471
Being slim can be as damaging to self confidence as being fat - particularly for blokes. I have a similar metabolism to the topic starter, but I know I'd rather be slim than overweight. Lol - must be human nature to be unhappy with one's self.

Rik.

sure.. but i think si's point is that wouldn't he rather be lean and bigger than just fat??

rik1471 08 March 2005 03:16 PM

Good point Milo - which is the road I'm on at the moment :)

I personnaly didn't realise how important a good diet is. I trained early last year for a few months and made no real progress, this year however I've followed milo's diet advice and trained no harder than before but the gains have been alot better.

Rik.

Jamz3k 08 March 2005 03:16 PM

i dont wanna be fat, i just want to be a few sizes bigger

milo 08 March 2005 05:46 PM

i dont wanna be fat, i just want to be a few sizes bigger

get yourself on a decent 2-3 day/week weight lifting program and eat plenty of clean healthy foods. lots of proteins, carbs and good fats.

milo 08 March 2005 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by rik1471
Good point Milo - which is the road I'm on at the moment :)

I personnaly didn't realise how important a good diet is. I trained early last year for a few months and made no real progress, this year however I've followed milo's diet advice and trained no harder than before but the gains have been alot better.

Rik.

glad to hear that :)