ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   torque, torque,torque (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/408921-torque-torque-torque.html)

umeerw 06 March 2005 09:33 PM

torque, torque,torque

thats what i really want, not fussed about bhp too much, does the PPP really dish out more torque than the tsl conversion. If this has been dealt with prev i apologise (prob has).
cheers
umeer

New_scooby_04 06 March 2005 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by umeerw
thats what i really want, not fussed about bhp too much, does the PPP really dish out more torque than the tsl conversion. If this has been dealt with prev i apologise (prob has).
cheers
umeer

Short answer: No! :) BUT You loose your warranty with the TSL conversion.

umeerw 06 March 2005 11:32 PM

dont understand new scooby, tsl =333, and ppp 350 ish,(so PPP=more) on torque figures, r these figures pretty reliable from prodrive, or there at best figures for the most refined engine!

Turbotits 07 March 2005 06:34 AM

dont understand new scooby, tsl =333, and ppp 350 ish,(so PPP=more) on torque figures, r these figures pretty reliable from prodrive, or there at best figures for the most refined engine!

I dont no where 350ish on ppp came from i've never seen or heard of a figure that high from ppp.

Jiggerypokery 07 March 2005 09:57 AM

cheers
umeer

umeerw, you've got a new shape WRX wagon, the PPP will bring this up to 261BHP. The TSL333 is for the STi.

New_scooby_04 07 March 2005 05:35 PM

cheers
umeer

Assuming donor car is new age STi

TSL 333lbs ft, Prodrive 300lbs ft IIRC.

NB. Peak torque figures do not indcate the distribution of torque across the rev range which is more important for everyday driving. Again, both are very good compared to std car. However, I believe TSL is superior to the PPP in this respect too. The deciding issue is how much you value your warranty!

JIM THEO 07 March 2005 06:38 PM

PPP is better low down while TSL333 takes advantage at mid-higher revs, I have DD measured again and again both cars and if you want lower the torque band prefer the PPP with say decated downpipe you'll have more driveability than the TSL333 but you also loose your warranty except you can find a friendly dealer!
It's personal choice!
JIM

p1doc 07 March 2005 07:03 PM

compare the two dyno plots tsl 333 vs sti ppp,i find tsl more driveable than ppp,for wrx you would have to ring tsl-i think max bhp is 290 but do not know about torque
martin

umeerw 07 March 2005 07:24 PM

ahh thanks guys, didn't realise the tsl was for the STi, the PPP figures i got were from the subaru website, with the graphs etc, 265 bhp and 350nm torque, pretty damn impressive.
prob go down the PPP route for the mo, prob takes a day i presume?

Andy.F 07 March 2005 11:40 PM

350nm is only 254lbft.

It is possible to run the 01 onwards WRX at over 310lbft (thats 428nm) with exhaust mods and an EcuTeK remap.

Andy

ScoobyDuck 08 March 2005 10:08 PM

:eek:
i best get back out there and try to get ANYWHERE near that ! :o