ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Viking Direct (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/407201-viking-direct.html)

TDT 28 February 2005 07:35 PM

Viking Direct

Is it only me that has problems with this outfit?

Ordered a shredder on Wednesday morning - in theory should be same day delivery. It turned up Friday morning.

Ordered some 'puter consumables on Friday morning - again, in theory should be same day delivery. The order was only picked at 16:40 TODAY, so will be out for delivery tomorrow. Not much good considering SWMBO wont be in.

The best part is they really don't give a toss. Have just spent 20 minutes on the phone to their Customer Services people being passed from pillar to post from one muppet to another to basically told it's tough.

Have just spoken to the boss who pointed out that out of the last 86 orders none of them has been delivered on time! :rolleyes:

Anyone else have bother or is it just us?

Can anyone recommend a half decent stationary supplier. Don't really have the time to look at the moment.

Cheers

S

mart360 28 February 2005 07:54 PM

clares!!

subaruwr1 28 February 2005 07:59 PM

you can try

www.neat-ideas.com

free phone 0800 500 192

free fax 0800 600 192

I use these and viking also and have never had any problems

Apparition 28 February 2005 08:50 PM

Never had problems with Vikings deliveries but they are expensive !

David Lock 28 February 2005 09:02 PM

Tips about Viking. Always specify "Best Price" whatever catalogue says. Tell them to stuff "insurance" which is small charge they levy by default and is meaningless (they used to do that anyway). DL

john_s 28 February 2005 09:03 PM

We've been using Viking at work for years, and only once have they failed to delivery an order placed before 12:00 the same day (and that was probably because it was faxed through only seconds before 12:00).

John.

HankScorpio 28 February 2005 09:23 PM

I've ordered a lot of stuff from their Consumer website in the last couple of months, no problems at all and the couple of times I've phoned they've been very helpful.
Prices are good for me too.

TDT 28 February 2005 09:24 PM

It must just be us then :mad:

Buckrogers 28 February 2005 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TDT
Have just spoken to the boss who pointed out that out of the last 86 orders none of them has been delivered on time! :rolleyes:

After 86 orders why on earth are you still using them?

uck me, if someone messed me about twice they can fook off. Take my money to someone with some ability to serve the customer....

carl 28 February 2005 09:44 PM

Never had any problems with them myself.

fast bloke 28 February 2005 10:44 PM

Have used them for ages. Stuff is always delivered next day, which isn't bad as they don't have a depot over here.

tuscan57 28 February 2005 10:46 PM

same here had no problems and always specify we finish @4:30 so always gets there before that........

TDT 03 March 2005 07:22 PM

Still don't have the order from last Saturday. The carriers have mysteriously "lost it" despite them telling Viking it was out for delivery.

[cynic]Nothing to do with it being computer bits of course[/cynic]

Why we haven't told them to fcuk off I don't know. Down to the bloke who sorts the contracts out I guess.