ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Clifford G5 concept 650 (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/406497-clifford-g5-concept-650-a.html)

micared 25 February 2005 10:49 PM

Clifford G5 concept 650

Anyone else suffered heat related problems with the omnisensor?.....been getting false alarms since having this bloody thing fitted 2 weeks ago. Disconnected the omnisensor, which isn't mounted a million miles away from where the exhaust is routed, and the false alarms have miraculously stopped. Anyone else had this or similar?

j@directedtech 02 March 2005 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by micared
Anyone else suffered heat related problems with the omnisensor?.....been getting false alarms since having this bloody thing fitted 2 weeks ago. Disconnected the omnisensor, which isn't mounted a million miles away from where the exhaust is routed, and the false alarms have miraculously stopped. Anyone else had this or similar?

How was it mounted?

micared 03 March 2005 10:00 PM

Hi, it was mounted under the back seat, on the opposite side to the exhaust. However, if it's heat related, I'd expect the heat to still reach it there.

j@directedtech 04 March 2005 03:58 PM

Hi, it was mounted under the back seat, on the opposite side to the exhaust. However, if it's heat related, I'd expect the heat to still reach it there.

Not where dude, how. Was it mounted on a vertical plane, with the arrow facing up, and screwed up with at least 2 screws?

micared 04 March 2005 06:15 PM

Ah, misunderstood, no, not mounted vertically, screwed down to floor under seat, if that makes sense, cheers. Take it that the vertical/horizontal thing makes a difference?

j@directedtech 11 March 2005 10:34 AM

Ah, misunderstood, no, not mounted vertically, screwed down to floor under seat, if that makes sense, cheers. Take it that the vertical/horizontal thing makes a difference?

Yes very much so. That is why it is not functioning correctly. It needs to be mounted witht the arrow on the sensor facing up! Go back to your installer and ask him to check it out for you!

micared 11 March 2005 10:50 PM

Hi, had another look, can't even see the arrow, so it's possible the unit's been mounted onto the side that displays it. Been back to the dealer ( before I read this, typically ), and they've 'adjusted' the sensitivity....get home, set the alarm, 10 mins later, false alarm, what a surprise. Disconnected the omnisensor again, no probs, so it's deffo related to that unit. Tempted to do without it now, tbh.

wannaB4 14 March 2005 06:07 PM

Are you sure its the Omnisensor and not the prox? Whats written on it?

micared 14 March 2005 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by wannaB4
Are you sure its the Omnisensor and not the prox? Whats written on it?

Hi, sorry, just seen this, too dark to look now, I'll have a look tomorrow and come back, cheers.