ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   another Scooby scalp in a diesel (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/405609-another-scooby-scalp-in-a-diesel.html)

dba 23 February 2005 09:55 AM

another Scooby scalp in a diesel

An STi couldn't pull away from me in forth for a bit,i was in a Mrk IV 2.0 GT TDi

Please can you all try a bit harder or I will get bored? Clearly my car looks better and if its faster too this would certainly be unnacceptable to me as an ex-Impreza owner.

this can't go on

M62 Wakefield to Hull,daily,its silver,try if you can,this commute is thoroughly boring counting the power stations one by one

watching Scooby owners faces getting mullered in a tiresome family car cheers me up

thanks

Pbr 23 February 2005 10:01 AM

:lol:

Gav1 23 February 2005 10:04 AM

Pleeeaase!!:cuckoo:

CraigH 23 February 2005 11:18 AM

Doesn't surprise me nowadays with a scoob - good job you weren't in 5th, you would've mullered it.

Sith 23 February 2005 11:35 AM

Like duh! Diesel with 200+lbft of torque at 2000rpm versus scoob with not a lot at 2000rpm. I'd expect the scoob to struggle. :rolleyes:

My turbo doesn't wake up untill almost 3000 rpm.

Bodgery 23 February 2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dba
An STi couldn't pull away from me in forth for a bit,i was in a Mrk IV 2.0 GT TDi

Please can you all try a bit harder or I will get bored? Clearly my car looks better and if its faster too this would certainly be unnacceptable to me as an ex-Impreza owner.

this can't go on

M62 Wakefield to Hull,daily,its silver,try if you can,this commute is thoroughly boring counting the power stations one by one

watching Scooby owners faces getting mullered in a tiresome family car cheers me up

thanks

Fuc!k off knob and stop winding people up. The STI was not even trying.

Mark Miwurdz 23 February 2005 11:49 AM

for a bit
Say no more.

MattOz 23 February 2005 12:07 PM

dba,

LOL! Seems these insecure Scooby drivers cannot take the diesel pressure! ;) :D Keep up the good work.

Matt

CraigH 23 February 2005 12:12 PM

Insecure Scoob owners Matt? On here? Never! ;)

We better not mention a 535 or 335d which will hand a scoob it's ass on a plate.

Sad that a Scoob can't put up a good fight even against diesels nowadays.....

MattOz 23 February 2005 12:22 PM

Craig,

Stop it now! ;) You'll have them running home and hiding behind their Mummies aprons! LOL ;)

Matt

monty baber 23 February 2005 12:23 PM

Ha ha this thread reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson refusing to put a diesel on the cool section because they are all owned by cheapskates :hjtwofing

MattOz 23 February 2005 12:26 PM

Monty,

I class myself as a cheapskate! :D Have better things to spend my hard earned on than giving more tax back to the government.

Matt

Sith 23 February 2005 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by MattOz
dba,

LOL! Seems these insecure Scooby drivers cannot take the diesel pressure! ;) :D Keep up the good work.

Matt

I trust that isn't aimed at me. Comparing two very different cars and engines. I have looked at diesels as a poss replacement for the Scoob if I have too.

If you want to do a direct competition between the two then both cars should be in their respective powerbands.

BMW 535 TD It's a monster with more torque than the current M5. I would love one. Saw a Merc AMG CDi in action and that was quick. Autocar figured the 535D at 0-60 in 6 and 0-100 mph in 15 secs. Better than a 330 petrol.
Those are awesome figures in anyones book.

monty baber 23 February 2005 12:29 PM

Good for you, thats your choice and I respect you for it

Still in uncool though :)

SPEN555 23 February 2005 12:30 PM

I have to admit to be mullered by a Toyota Yaris last night. What with my 300bhp plus Sti.

Stupid bitch pulled out of a 'T' junction straight into my rear drivers side door. Pipping my horn only made her realise I was there! :mad:

Anyway, back to the thread. If these diesels are so quick why are there not huggings of em' on track at trackdays?

New_scooby_04 23 February 2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dba

this can't go on

thanks

Please do not feed the trolls....... :nono:

and to the poster:

STAY OFF THE 'GRASS'! :D :D

MattOz 23 February 2005 12:35 PM

Sith,

Rest assured that my comment was not aimed at anyone. :D

Monty,

My uncool choice of car suits me fine!

Spen555,

My car spends time on track at the Ring, which is IMHO the best place in the world to test the abilities of a car.

Matt

CraigH 23 February 2005 12:36 PM

If these diesels are so quick why are there not huggings of em' on track at trackdays?
Car's don't have to be quick to be popular on trackdays. Scoobs are proof enough of that.

MattOz 23 February 2005 12:39 PM

Craig,

Stop it! I've told you before! LOL ;) :D :D

Matt

monty baber 23 February 2005 12:46 PM

This site may of interest to you two

forum

asifR1 23 February 2005 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by dba

2.0 gt tdi?!?!?!

is this a new model??? i thought the mk4 only did a 1.9gt tdi (115 / 130 / 150 bhp) models???

mine is a 1.9 tdi 150 brake ;)

monty baber 23 February 2005 12:52 PM

And this one

interesting read

CraigH 23 February 2005 01:06 PM

Is that the type of sensitive owner you meant Matt?

:D

Allan 23 February 2005 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bodgery
Fuc!k off knob and stop winding people up. The STI was not even trying.

Try not to take the bait.

Same old story, somebody states they have slaughtered a Scooby (may well be true), 5 minutes later all the Scooby bashers arrive to join in.

You can get more fun out of threads like this just predicting who will be along :D

Allan

MattOz 23 February 2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by CraigH
Is that the type of sensitive owner you meant Matt?

:D

Could be! LOL :D:D

Dracoro 23 February 2005 01:56 PM

I can't believe how many of you have mis-read dba's original post.

It was clear to me he was being sarcastic and stated 'A BIT' as a clue. Hardly 'slaughtered' :rolleyes: you guys look for things that aren't there :rolleyes:

A LOT of insecurities and over-reactions going on, esp given that they've mis-interpreted the original post.

alwong 23 February 2005 02:03 PM

I'm glad all you diesel drivers are happy with your cars. But you feel like you need to justify it to us scooby owners? Why? If your car is obviously quicker then well done. I'm very happy for you.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Hol 23 February 2005 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by dba

Multiple choice:

A. Are you an accountant with a
B. A lorry driver or Farm hand that steals fuel from work
C. A Taxi Driver
D. Almost 'normal', but so insecure about your choice of car, you have to constantly compare it to something you could have had.

Not trying top stereotype you, but those ARE the ONLY options.
OK, C is a little extreme as I dont think VW make beaded seat covers. But they often have BMW indicator bulbs- That dont work!

No matter what else some saddo decides to post to make up some new ones - and they will :rolleyes:

Anyway I overtook a 550 Ferrari and a Exige this morning!....

You have to assume they were really trying, but I was walking and they were at the traffic lights. :p

Hol 23 February 2005 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
I can't believe how many of you have mis-read dba's original post.

It was clear to me he was being sarcastic and stated 'A BIT' as a clue. Hardly 'slaughtered' :rolleyes: you guys look for things that aren't there :rolleyes:

A LOT of insecurities and over-reactions going on, esp given that they've mis-interpreted the original post.

Yes, I am ignoring your post - its more fun that way :D

scoobydooooo 23 February 2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by dba
An STi couldn't pull away from me in forth for a bit,i was in a

thanks

wouldn't happen mate , diesels are for boats and generators :)