ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   what code on licence (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/405463-what-code-on-licence.html)

W 12 X T C 22 February 2005 05:15 PM

what code on licence

has anyone on here had a 21 day ban and if so what is the code that is on the licence when it comes back.:) or can you give me your your opinions on how this will change my insurance preimums.

Vipa 22 February 2005 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C
has anyone on here had a 21 day ban and if so what is the code that is on the licence when it comes back.:)

Interesting one... just been through the list on the DVLA site and there doesn't seem to be anything on there!!!

Did recognise the TT99 though..... unfortunately had one of those... my god.... nearly 20 years ago!!!!.. that was followed very quickly by a BA10! :cuckoo:

Grown up alot since then!

W 12 X T C 22 February 2005 06:02 PM

yeah i had a look on there aswell. also tryed to get a quote from the people i am insured with now to check there list of codes and the only ones i could find are for discalification after totting up procedure. no mention of a speeding ban. do you think this will come under an sp30.

andy97 22 February 2005 06:05 PM

Hi

I think it is SPD (short period disqualification) maybe with the number of days

Andy

W 12 X T C 22 February 2005 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by andy97
Hi

I think it is SPD (short period disqualification) maybe with the number of days

Andy

yes you a right.
any idea of what this will do to insurance. just got another quote from my insurance company and a spd is not on there list.

andy97 22 February 2005 06:15 PM

Hi

It really depends on your insurance company. Each insurance company varies so much these days, from not really bothered to heavy loading of premium for the smallest indiscretion.

You are going to have to inform them. See what happens when your renewal comes round then try every insurance company you can think of to get the best premium.

i usually change every year for the best deal.

W 12 X T C 22 February 2005 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by andy97
Hi

It really depends on your insurance company. Each insurance company varies so much these days, from not really bothered to heavy loading of premium for the smallest indiscretion.

You are going to have to inform them. See what happens when your renewal comes round then try every insurance company you can think of to get the best premium.

i usually change every year for the best deal.

do you not have to disclose until renewal then.

andy97 22 February 2005 07:40 PM

I wouldnt risk it not telling them. If they find out letsay after a minor bump, they will drop you and cancel your policy. You have been convicted, tell them. They might add a bit to your premium or they might load it up when your renewal is due.

Robocop 22 February 2005 07:59 PM

If you fail to tell them about your disqualification or any motoring offence or modification to the standard spec of the car, it's called "Non disclosure of a material fact”. Basically it can/will void any insurance cover that you have.

My other half is an underwriter, so I get to hear all the technical stuff.

IIRC you will see disq (or some other abbreviation) followed by the amount of days and the fine amount.