ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Servicing and Cleaning (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/405407-servicing-and-cleaning.html)

scoobys20mgh 22 February 2005 01:47 PM

Servicing and Cleaning

Hello!
Just a quick question, would you or do you expect to/have your subaru cleaned at a main dealers when you're having it serviced.....

Mike

Jiggerypokery 22 February 2005 01:59 PM

My dealer started washing customer's cars with a jet wash, although I always tell them not to. I won't let anyone else wash it, just me & my sponge :D

Soobmeister 22 February 2005 02:25 PM

we do, this day and age i think it makes a difference for a customer to collect a nice clean car after shelling out money on it as you can't see a service but a clean car shows it's been looked at.

BrynO 22 February 2005 02:33 PM

Yep, mine do and collect and drop off the car.

scoobys20mgh 22 February 2005 02:45 PM

Cool,
well they haven't offered so I'll ask, it's the 50k one so would hope they do!!!

Thanks everyone..

Mike

ru' 22 February 2005 04:15 PM

That was one of my biggest peeves with main dealer servicing - out of Peugeot, Ford and BMW in my area, none of them would clean the car as a matter of course. I think this is dreadful; why go to a main dealer?

Luckily, Gatwick Group (my local Subaru garage) cleaned my car when in for the 1,00 mile check and I was pleasantly suprised - top marks!

little-ginge 22 February 2005 06:23 PM

Every time I have taken the other halfs scooby in for a service, they wash and hoover it - doesnt stay clean for long though! (SGT)

Allan 22 February 2005 06:55 PM

I now specifically ask them not to, I've had dealers using power washers and wheel cleaning products which tarnish your calipers.

Allan

little'un 22 February 2005 07:16 PM

wishee washee

I don't really want monkeys washing my car - bet it gets the sponge smeared over the grainy dirt without a wash to get the loose stuff off first! :(

I was told by SGT on the only occasion I let them have it that it had been valeted - is that just the outside then with no hoover action??

little-ginge 22 February 2005 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by little'un
I don't really want monkeys washing my car - bet it gets the sponge smeared over the grainy dirt without a wash to get the loose stuff off first! :(

I was told by SGT on the only occasion I let them have it that it had been valeted - is that just the outside then with no hoover action??

As my earlier post, SGT wash and hoover - always. And to give them their dues they always have done a good job, no spongey dirt scratches/marks etc- not everyone is a monkey, hey Little'Lin?

scoobys20mgh 23 February 2005 04:00 PM

So,
400 quid out of pocket AND....................it's still dirty, apparantly the valet person was too tied up cleaning the new cars, nice eh!

Think I'll go somewhere else next time

Luckyscoob 23 February 2005 05:35 PM

ru,

See your in Brighton, I'm in Saltdean. What scoob are you in and I'll look out for you. Gatwick cleaned mine too, after 1000 mile check. Excellent service!.

Originally Posted by ru'
That was one of my biggest peeves with main dealer servicing - out of Peugeot, Ford and BMW in my area, none of them would clean the car as a matter of course. I think this is dreadful; why go to a main dealer?

Luckily, Gatwick Group (my local Subaru garage) cleaned my car when in for the 1,00 mile check and I was pleasantly suprised - top marks!

Harry_Boy 23 February 2005 05:39 PM

Every time so far @ Monty's, Sheffield.