ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PPP for WRX ??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/405400-ppp-for-wrx.html)

rickj 22 February 2005 01:31 PM

PPP for WRX ???

Hello,

(I am new to this site).

I am considering the PPP upgrade to my Version 3 WRX. Has anyone any experience of whether this upgrade is any good/value for money ?

Car mag EVO seem to recommend this quite highly but at 1500 quid from my local Subaru dealer I want to be sure I am spending wisely.

I went to APB motorpsort and they said that for Version 3 onward it was best to let Prodrive do the upgrade (via delaership).

Has anyone had the PPP to their WRX and did they find it worth doing ?

Any comments/opinions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

RickJ.

MidLifeCrisisII 22 February 2005 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by rickj
Hello,
(I am new to this site).

Rick use the search, plenty on this...

Neil Smalley 22 February 2005 02:09 PM

Hi
To save time
Choose PPP if you want to be warranty, resale value and insurance friendly
Chose another package if you want to be wallet, future mod and non warranty friendly

You usually get 50% of the PPP value back come resale (to a scoob dealer) so the effective price is 800 quid. Which in those terms is IMHO good value

New_scooby_04 22 February 2005 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by rickj
Hello,

(I am new to this site).

I am considering the PPP upgrade to my Version 3 WRX. Has anyone any experience of whether this upgrade is any good/value for money ?

Car mag EVO seem to recommend this quite highly but at 1500 quid from my local Subaru dealer I want to be sure I am spending wisely.

I went to APB motorpsort and they said that for Version 3 onward it was best to let Prodrive do the upgrade (via delaership).

Has anyone had the PPP to their WRX and did they find it worth doing ?

Any comments/opinions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

RickJ.

Put simply, yes it's worth doing, especially if warranty and easy resale is important to you. There are, however, more cost effective tuning options available that are also refined specifically for your individual car.

Regards

LJC 22 February 2005 04:13 PM

gone from a classic wagon Sport to a 52 plate WRX with PPP
yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
do you like white nuckle rides?
if so go for it!!

thats all i have to say on the matter.....

cheers
LJC

GarethE 22 February 2005 04:42 PM

Hi, welcome to the site.... just really endorsing what has already been mentioned. The PPP makes a big difference to the way the car performs, and if you need to keep the warranty intact is the only way to go.

Other options are cheaper but don't offer the Subaru main dealer safeguards.

There have been a number of threads discussing PPP on a WRX, some stretching to quite a few pages, the search should give you a alot of really useful info.

Gareth (05 WRX PPP)