ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   new country created!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/405258-new-country-created.html)

celticpilgrim 21 February 2005 10:31 PM

new country created!!!!!

just watching britain's favourite No.1 Every breath you take by the police. Start Copeland, talking about the Police's fame, reckoned they were No.1 in Trashcanistan!!!! Top bloke!!!!!!

Apparition 22 February 2005 09:39 AM

Quality programme until we reached number one... then I was nearly sick......... isn't it about time he moved back to India or wherever he came from ?

alcazar 22 February 2005 10:18 AM

Every Breath You Take................anyone else remember the atmospheric version of that shown on "Spitting Image":

"Every job you take", (image of Maggie),
"Every bomb you make," (image of Reagan),
"I'll be watching you"...........puppet turns to reveal it is the grim reaper.:(

Brilliant piece of TV.

Oh and "Trashcanistan", probably where one of my fave film characters came from, the "Trashcanman", from Steven King's "The Stand".:)

Alcazar

CrisPDuk 22 February 2005 10:31 AM

His insight into the 'strained' relationship between 'Stingo' and Andy Summers was quite entertaining:)

Plus, I thought his comments about John Lennon were pretty much spot on as well:cool: About time someone came out and said it. Top Geezer

WRX Jase 22 February 2005 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar
Every Breath You Take................anyone else remember the atmospheric version of that shown on "Spitting Image":

"Every job you take", (image of Maggie),
"Every bomb you make," (image of Reagan),
"I'll be watching you"...........puppet turns to reveal it is the grim reaper.:(

Brilliant piece of TV.

Oh and "Trashcanistan", probably where one of my fave film characters came from, the "Trashcanman", from Steven King's "The Stand".:)

Alcazar

I remember it...

Wasn't that the playout on the final ever Spitting Image ? Or was it just an end of series thing ?

Scoob99 22 February 2005 10:48 AM

Why what did he say about John Lennon??

Jap2Scrap 22 February 2005 10:54 AM

What was number 1?

Apparition 22 February 2005 12:24 PM

WHAT is the right adjective..... Riff Pilchard was number one...yuk !

Jap2Scrap 22 February 2005 12:26 PM

Cliff Richard is the Nations favourite number 1???? Which song and who the hell were the demographic audience/voters?

unclebuck 22 February 2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Cliff Richard is the Nations favourite number 1???? Which song and who the hell were the demographic audience/voters?

Biggest selling artist in the UK since charts began - period. He has to be number 1.

Personally, I think he is a massive number 2.

UB

CrisPDuk 23 February 2005 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Why what did he say about John Lennon??

It was on the lines of self-obsessed, hypocrytical bore:)

the moose 23 February 2005 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
It was on the lines of self-obsessed, hypocrytical bore:)

I remember being at school when I heard that Lennon had been shot. People were walking around in a daze, a foretaste of the mass hysteria which followed when The Greatest Princess Of All Time had some car trouble in Paris.

My retort - "just three left to hate then" - earned me a detention from Joe Unsworth, the drunkard head of English.