ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Recommendations for buildings and contents house insurance? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402978-recommendations-for-buildings-and-contents-house-insurance.html)

Fosters 13 February 2005 10:26 PM

Recommendations for buildings and contents house insurance?

as per title... please :)

need to insure a house and wondering who're the more competent, but cheaper too, insurers.

Lee247 13 February 2005 10:37 PM

We use Churchill, really good on price. When we had to make a claim, they were really good. Have contents with them as well, on same policy.

David_Dickson 13 February 2005 10:51 PM

Im looking around at the moment as my renewal is due. Im having difficulty finding anywhere that can beat Tesco for me.
I had a claim with them last year too and it all went very smoothly.

pslewis 13 February 2005 11:46 PM

Norwich Union Direct ...... despite their disasterous move into Indian Call Centres!

Pete

gsm1 14 February 2005 01:06 AM

Don't use Prudential, they're useless turds.

_Meridian_ 14 February 2005 07:59 AM

I've found the AA very good. Even better if you have their roadside assistance.

M

ChrisB 14 February 2005 09:07 AM

Currently with ESure who have been cheapest the last two years (more cover than Tesco, DL etc for less cash).

Don't think they are the cheapest, but I've heard good things about Hiscox in terms of cover and quality of service.

David Lock 14 February 2005 09:11 AM

Liverpool & Victoria

pbee 14 February 2005 09:28 AM

2nd for esure, cracking price and very good service, They are halifax just cheaper. And very helpful site allowing you to tailor your cover easily and clearly.

OllyK 14 February 2005 09:36 AM

The main thing is to check you are getting like for like. I am with More Than and while it seems more expensive on the surface, the level of cover is actually better than many of the others, i.e. I get more cover for my money.

Dan J 16 February 2005 12:07 AM

Being an IFA I use a company called Paymentshield who are usually very competitive. They offer the first 3 months premiums free too. Give me a shout if anyone ever needs a comparison quote!

Adam M 16 February 2005 08:10 AM

second for norwich union direct, but far the cheapest cover, yet still very comprehensive.

was with hsbc before who were also competitive.

asifR1 16 February 2005 10:16 AM

click on www.moneysupermarket.com

it has a link to home insurance, tap in your details and it will check all insurers and give best prices.

i got mine from halifax. unlimited buildings and contents cover. and 0% over ten instalments!!!

hail-hail 16 February 2005 12:55 PM

I pay £38 per month from Abbey National for the Peace of Mind policy, which basically means everything is covered.
Just lost the wifes Ipod, fell out of my pocket when down the town, called them up and it will be replaced in 5 working days. no probs.