ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Does amyone own a Moulinex Ovatio 3 Duo Press Food Processor (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402745-does-amyone-own-a-moulinex-ovatio-3-duo-press-food-processor.html)

Funkii Munkii 12 February 2005 09:04 PM

Does amyone own a Moulinex Ovatio 3 Duo Press Food Processor

Stupid question time, nowt in the manual or on the moulinex web site

I need someone to have a look at their bowl for me if they dont mind, I'm looking to see how many washers there are where the bowl attaches its self to the processor, the bowl has a hole in the middle where a knob is locked into place there is a small nut which locks onto the processors rotation system, this has a washer, the knob that sits in the bowl for all the attachments does not have a washer, the fit is not solid and there is some give, anyway bottom line, it now leaks after the wife took it apart to wash it, if anyone owns one could they have a look at there at let me know if the knob has a washer, just to add its only been used a few times so I dont think its the existing above mentioned washer failing.

Cheers

Dave

Doc 12 February 2005 10:48 PM

There is one washer which attaches to the inside of the bowl. The drive knob sits on top of this and the nut attaches it all from underneath.

AndyC_772 12 February 2005 10:57 PM

Just goes to show, there's always someone on Scoobynet who can answer any question, however obscure. Respect :D

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2005 12:34 AM

The power of scoobynet, never let it be under estimated.:D

Respect indeed Doc :notworthy

Many Thanks

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2005 12:45 PM

Doc
I have put the washer in place, as you say it sits in the bottom of the bowl, clips round the rims of the hole?? attached the knob and nut but ive still got some play in the knob and it still leaks, any play in yours?? now im thinking its a dodgy washer after all

Cheers

Dave

Doc 13 February 2005 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Doc
I have put the washer in place, as you say it sits in the bottom of the bowl, clips round the rims of the hole?? attached the knob and nut but ive still got some play in the knob and it still leaks, any play in yours?? now im thinking its a dodgy washer after all

Cheers

Dave

Dave there is some play in the assembly but ours does not leak. The washer has a v cross section and attaches to the lip on the bottom of the bowl. Sounds like your washer is cream crackered.

By the way I don't have any play in my knob when I want to use it and it only leaks at the end ;)

Funkii Munkii 14 February 2005 09:47 AM

Thanks again Doc, washer in the right place, now to find a supplier to replace it!

I thought there would be a lot of "knob" gags going on :norty: and tried to word it as carefully as possible, I was cringing as wrote "do you have any play in your knob" and had to rearrange the sentence to come up with "any play in yours" LOL :) It was a long day and I just couldn't think what to call the knob!! :D:D:D

Dave