ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   is my dad having an afaire? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402636-is-my-dad-having-an-afaire.html)

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 01:43 PM

is my dad having an afaire?

basically i was at work today and court my dad writing what looked like a valentines card(bright red envelope) he went in to the back kitchen at work after getting it out of his jacket which seemed strange, so i had look to see what he was doing. asked him what he was doing he just said nothing, so i said saracastily that a card for mum then? he just said no. he got a stamp and went out side to post it. now i know my parents marrage is far from great but i don't like what i saw. inseatd of coming home with him i walked home could'nt bare being in the car with him :mad: when i got home my mum asked what was up so i said nothing, just said i had an argument. have'nt spoken to him since. don't really know what do to think i'll talk to my sister first. do i tell my mum what i saw? or do i confrunt him?(which i don't think is a good idea at the mo as i WILL lose my rag with him). i don't want to break them up either

any advice would be apreciated

mike:(

Bravo2zero_sps 12 February 2005 01:53 PM

Do not got telling your mum until you have cleared this up with your dad and got your facts straight! You could be assuming something completely wrong and cause a whole world of pain by going and telling stories (as thats what it would be without the facts) to your mum and causing her pain and worry when its not necessary.

tuscan57 12 February 2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
basically i was at work today and court my dad writing what looked like a valentines card(bright red envelope) he went in to the back kitchen at work after getting it out of his jacket which seemed strange, so i had look to see what he was doing. asked him what he was doing he just said nothing, so i said saracastily that a card for mum then? he just said no. he got a stamp and went out side to post it. now i know my parents marrage is far from great but i don't like what i saw. inseatd of coming home with him i walked home could'nt bare being in the car with him :mad: when i got home my mum asked what was up so i said nothing, just said i had an argument. have'nt spoken to him since. don't really know what do to think i'll talk to my sister first. do i tell my mum what i saw? or do i confrunt him?(which i don't think is a good idea at the mo as i WILL lose my rag with him). i don't want to break them up either

just try to calm down a bit and confront him first before anyone else if i were you.......... i remember a few years back when my dad WAS having an affair my girlfriend at the time spotted it and said to me about it as all seemed ok through our eyes but wasnt.... could just be looking too far into it tho......

steve

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 01:58 PM

bravo yea could be right i hope so, but he does'nt send her cards.

Leslie 12 February 2005 02:01 PM

You would do better to keep out of it completely. You won't have any effect on what your father wants to do and you have no positive proof anyway.

Just keep it to yourself, even from your sister. You could cause a great deal of hearbreak which will not do anyone any good at all.

Les

Bravo2zero_sps 12 February 2005 02:03 PM

he could of been doing it for a mate to disguise hand writing, anything is possible with valentines day as people do all sorts of strange things/requests for mates. What looks bad could be completely innocent.

Just make sure you have got all the facts before you say anything to anyone, once you have facts then its down to you to decide what to do.

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 02:07 PM

i think i'll keep it from my sister for the time being. if he was doing it for a mate why be so secreative about it?

Bravo2zero_sps 12 February 2005 02:16 PM

There is no point speculating, what I said was just an example of what people can do for valentines day. What you have got to do for your own piece of mind if nothing else is ask him about what you saw so you can stop guessing at worst case scenarios.

mmmiddy 12 February 2005 02:34 PM

Maybe he's sending cards on your behalf Mike!

Maybe he thinks it's time you got yourself a girlfriend and moved out!!

Keep licking them stamps, your spelling's getting better. :)

Nat 12 February 2005 02:37 PM

I wouldnt read too much into it, he might just be sending it to a female friend as a nice gesture, or sending it for a laugh with some mates. Theres loads of possibilities...

Chip 12 February 2005 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by mmmiddy
your spelling's getting better. :)

:rolleyes:

Alas 12 February 2005 03:01 PM

Not being funny m8 but how would you feel if he interfered in your relationships. Bet you'd choke him off pretty quick. If it is as you think you can only be there for your mother.
Alas

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 04:26 PM

thought about it long enough, just gonna let it lie. what goes around comes around......

RichA 12 February 2005 04:55 PM

Crikey, you saw him writing a card? He must be having an affair...

When I was with my ex, I used to send my neice a valentines card. My ex used to get annoyed because I'd not sign it from her, just me.

My neice was 5 :).

It's his life. He'll do whatever he wants to, and poking your nose in or interfering is likely to not work in your favour. Let things run their natural course :).

Probably nothing going on at all, could very well be completely innocent.

--Rich

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 05:41 PM

well i spoken to him he says it just a joke between his friends just don't understand why he was so sneeky about it when asked? maybe it just my bad temper.....

mike:iamwithst

StickyMicky 12 February 2005 06:22 PM

i walked in my mates kitchen and saw my dad half shagging my mates mother.

i didnt know what to say :rolleyes: :confused:
its not what you expect is it, i never said anything to my mam (she still doesnt know that i knew about it before her) it all came out in the open within a week of the incident anyway

mark6 12 February 2005 06:30 PM

am i in the right place??? i thought this was scoobnynet but it sounds like eastenders.
anyone????

paulr 12 February 2005 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i walked in my mates kitchen and saw my dad half shagging my mates mother.

Yuk..........

btw,how do you "half" shag?

moses 12 February 2005 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!

adultery is a sin my friend, its sick, i would marry another if i needed a shag.

maybe your dad suffered so much bull from your mum, if she has always been the dominant figure and shouting and hurting him with words or physical way all the time and embarrising him in front of her children or mates, it hurts a man and he doesnt feel like a man anymore and he needs luv so he tries to find it elsewhere mate, their is no excuse for all this, but some woman tend to push a man away by treating them like puppies or lapdogs or basically treating them like sh1t

u come home after a hard days work, last thing u need is a wife nagging u bud.

i hope the card is a surprise for your mum , and they sort it out

StickyMicky 12 February 2005 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by paulr
Yuk..........

btw,how do you "half" shag?

shes on the worktop with her legs wrapped around him and hes going for the belt buckle, etc etc etc

halfway there??

lordharding 12 February 2005 09:04 PM

Mike

tell your Dad to go out on the Drink with me i will get him legless as the truth always comes out when your drunk !!

But best keep quite about it to your family at this eary stage !!

As affairs develop men seem to change

New clothes ;haircut and worry about their appearance ,might even get a sportscar although that can be confused with a midlife crises :D

Is there a new pattern to going out and making phone calls ?
does he delate texts /made/missed calls on his mobile ?

Does he look nervous when the house phone or doorbell goes?

Does he get excited before he goes out on a mission?

does he stop showing affection to his wife?

Does he always go for the post?

is he looking at seperate bank accounts ?

Is he quite at home?

Men are men and people change as they get older .

mmm
I could write a book on afffairs

as said allready its probably a joke to one of his mates !!!