ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Silence of the Lambs (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402533-silence-of-the-lambs.html)

R.B 11 February 2005 09:52 PM

Silence of the Lambs

Ive watched it about 20 times i just love it.

FASTER MIKE!! 11 February 2005 10:12 PM

prity good but red dragon was better

unclebuck 11 February 2005 10:21 PM

i thort it werz graet

mart360 11 February 2005 11:41 PM

I wanted to ram jodie fosters teeth down her throat.. that god awfull accent and wooden presentation....

red dragon was good... hanibal i havnt seen ,, i,ll reserve judgement..

sotl was another example of "the emperors new movie (sic)"

everyone raved on about it and how great it was... we it wasnt and it sucked.

just as full metal jacket did,,,,, first half ok second half crap...

se7en was how it should have been..

Mart

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 12:00 AM

hanibal is prob the worst of the series

BexTait 12 February 2005 03:15 AM

Prefer the books of all three TBH.

GC8 12 February 2005 03:22 AM

Isnt that always the case though? The Bourne Identity & The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlam were far superior to the films, but the films would have been 12 hours long if theyd covered all of the material.

Simon

BexTait 12 February 2005 03:37 AM

But with the Lecter trilogy, they haven't really left much out of he films, though the Hannibal ending on film is different to the book IIRC

GC8 12 February 2005 03:41 AM

I dont really like Thomas Harris books so I havent read it; didnt he kill Clarisse Starling in the book?

NotoriousREV 12 February 2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by GC8
I dont really like Thomas Harris books so I havent read it; didnt he kill Clarisse Starling in the book?

No.

Alas 12 February 2005 11:11 AM

Hannibal the book is excellent, so is Red Dragon. Films were ok but Hopkins is superb whoever was acting opposite him.
Alas

MDBinaWagon 12 February 2005 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
Hannibal the book is excellent, so is Red Dragon. Films were ok but Hopkins is superb whoever was acting opposite him.
Alas

Got to disagree with you. He was so over the top that all I wanted to do was laugh. Brian Cox was (IMHO) so much better in Manhunter.

Martin.

Rumplestiltskin! 12 February 2005 02:53 PM

Wasn't HL by his very nature OTT ? Havn't read the books and how they portrey him though. AH could be playing him as the books depicted ?

Alas 12 February 2005 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by MDBinaWagon
Got to disagree with you. He was so over the top that all I wanted to do was laugh. Brian Cox was (IMHO) so much better in Manhunter.

Martin.

You must be one of the few who found him laughable in Silence especially. Played him exactly as I expected Lecter to be after reading the books. Could'nt therefore be anything but impressed with his performance.
Alas