ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Assesor coming.. what happens now (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402469-assesor-coming-what-happens-now.html)

mart360 11 February 2005 06:49 PM

Assesor coming.. what happens now

The assesor has just called,, he,s coming on tuesday to look at the car..

what happens now... (remove the undeclared mods ;);)) or leave the car as is.. (hehe)

seriously though,, i guess its to check the damage and take the cars vin no. etc..

do they make the decision there and then or what??

mart

pslewis 11 February 2005 06:57 PM

He'll spot anything thats wrong with it, he will spot if its had the CAT removed and will video the car all over, take digital pics and write a report.

He does this for a living and will spot a dodgy claim miles away ...... they are experts at judging people too - so, smile and lie through your teeth!! :D

Pete

blueone 11 February 2005 07:06 PM

He will just be doing his job of minimising the payout, the Insurance company has to make.

mart360 11 February 2005 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by blueone
He will just be doing his job of minimising the payout, the Insurance company has to make.

who,s insurance company?? i was the one rear ended by mr slow reactions!!

i did some figures today, i reckon it may be a write off,,,

if its had a rear end shunt, will it need a geometry check??

Mart

ZIPPY 11 February 2005 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
He'll spot anything thats wrong with it, he will spot if its had the CAT removed and will video the car all over, take digital pics and write a report.

He does this for a living and will spot a dodgy claim miles away ...... they are experts at judging people too - so, smile and lie through your teeth!! :D

Pete

I beg to differ, i have been in the crash repair game and believe me Insurance assesor's are not always the brightest sparks and the job isnt a very well paid either so doesnt encourage EXPERTS.

He/she will look at the damage and take pictures but there is no way in the world they would know if your car is de-catted.

I repaired an STI 5 RA that had drivers side frontal damage, the car had every mod you could think of (Undeclared), including a BPM twister exhaust which was very loud 19' Wheels and AP Brakes and the guy who came agreed the work and off he went, he didnt have a clue.

All they are interested in is how much will it cost to repair or write it off.

Zippy

mart360 11 February 2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I beg to differ, i have been in the crash repair game and believe me Insurance assesor's are not always the brightest sparks and the job isnt a very well paid either so doesnt encourage EXPERTS.

He/she will look at the damage and take pictures but there is no way in the world they would know if your car is de-catted.

I repaired an STI 5 RA that had drivers side frontal damage, the car had every mod you could think of (Undeclared), including a BPM twister exhaust which was very loud 19' Wheels and AP Brakes and the guy who came agreed the work and off he went, he didnt have a clue.

All they are interested in is how much will it cost to repair or write it off.

Zippy

well,,, the car is as i bought it..(trader) apart fom the clutch that has been replaced, and some new tyres..

prehaps i should declare the accident damge, isnt that a mod??

Mart