ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   bugeye qestion (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/401905-bugeye-qestion.html)

kerry 25 09 February 2005 06:08 PM

bugeye qestion

can enyone tell me if the early bugeye (X/51)plate had the wingback bucket seat (like the classic turbo) or a more of a standerd looking recliner seat because iv looked at a salon / wagon and they were both diffrent?

monty baber 09 February 2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by kerry 25
can enyone tell me if the early bugeye (X/51)plate had the wingback bucket seat (like the classic turbo) or a more of a standerd looking recliner seat because iv looked at a salon / wagon and they were both diffrent?

They had either, the car came with the bucket seats but there was a no cost option to have 'sports' seats with side airbags, adjustable headrests, etc

please anyone correct me if I am wrong

speedking 09 February 2005 06:33 PM

What he said. But ... I think the wagon only came with the sports seat. Euro imports only with the bucket seats IIRC.

PS Y/51 ;) Don't think there are any X plate UK bugeyes.

chris's scooby 09 February 2005 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by speedking
What he said. But ... I think the wagon only came with the sports seat. Euro imports only with the bucket seats IIRC.

PS Y/51 ;) Don't think there are any X plate UK bugeyes.

I thought the first ones were on X plates?

hades 09 February 2005 06:36 PM

True that for no cost, you could chose between "sports" seats (which were about as sporty as those in a standard Vectra) with side airbags, or the nice buckets. I think, but may be wrong that the "sports" seats may have been the standard option on the earlier bugeyes (Y/51 plate).

I chose the buckets on my 02WRX on the basis of I'd rather be comfortable, and well secured in the corners. What good is a little balloon going to do you if you get t-boned by a truck anyway? ;)

Edit to add, yes, come to think of it, IIRC X plate did exist on the very first bugs.

hades 09 February 2005 06:39 PM

P.S. mine was a euro import, and I'm sure I did have the option to specify the sports seats - I just didn't want to!

Chris L 09 February 2005 06:43 PM

I think you're right about the 'sports seats' on the Y plates - I remember being told when I bought my MY01 that it had the optional bucket seats (and very glad I was too - the 'sports' versions offer very little support - the bucket seats are far better).

scoobydooooo 09 February 2005 06:55 PM

yep , mine had bucket seats but i saw some the same age that didn't

monty baber 09 February 2005 06:59 PM

I have 'sports' seats and they are ok, comfortable and quite supportive a good compromise really considering I dont rally my car every day.

kerry 25 09 February 2005 07:57 PM

cheers for the help lads

nyscooby 09 February 2005 08:32 PM

There are X plate bugs.

Scoobybits 09 February 2005 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by nyscooby
There are X plate bugs.

yeah i have a x plate uk one...seats in saloons where a no cost option either sports (with airbags)or buckets..wagons buckets only..sports ones actually more comfy than you would think but not as good as buckets imho. :)

2002pete 10 February 2005 08:19 AM

The UK WRX Bucket seats become available Spring 2001 & in 2002 the bucket seats became standard for the WRX.

Pete.