ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   Where Should I put My CD Changer ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/401786-where-should-i-put-my-cd-changer.html)

Scooby-Mark 09 February 2005 12:47 PM

Where Should I put My CD Changer ??

I have a Kenwood 10 disc multi CD Changer that I am going to fit into a MY05 4Door.

I was wondering if anyone else has fitted a changer into a Scoob, If so where is the best position to fit it so it isn't on show and doesnt skip ??

Cheers
Mark. :)

alcazar 09 February 2005 03:54 PM

I've done this with a classic, if that's any help. It stands up on the o/s of the boot at the rear.

Wherever you put it, DO check what's behind there before you drill;)

Alcazar

Granby 09 February 2005 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
I have a Kenwood 10 disc multi CD Changer that I am going to fit into a MY05 4Door.

I was wondering if anyone else has fitted a changer into a Scoob, If so where is the best position to fit it so it isn't on show and doesnt skip ??

Cheers

I put mine under the drivers seat and just used velcro which seems to work just fine with no jumping at all :) :) :)

Scooby-Mark 10 February 2005 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar
I've done this with a classic, if that's any help. It stands up on the o/s of the boot at the rear.

Wherever you put it, DO check what's behind there before you drill;)

Alcazar

LOL, would be a bit of a f**k up if you drilled in the wrong place !!! :eek2:

Have you got any pics of the install ??

Mark :)

Scooby-Mark 10 February 2005 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Granby
I put mine under the drivers seat and just used velcro which seems to work just fine with no jumping at all :) :) :)

Thanks for the idea, Is it still easy to get at to change the CD's though ??

Granby 10 February 2005 03:05 PM

Thanks for the idea, Is it still easy to get at to change the CD's though ??

It's not to bad (i have it facing back) but i have the MP3 changer so i don't have to change them to often :)

BigRed 11 February 2005 08:38 PM

Kenwood MP3 changer, velcroed down under drivers seat, facing towards the back seat and as far foward as possible,right upto the cross member. Its NEVER skipped and NEVER moves around. Infact ive also fitted a Aiwa & Clarion unit using the same method, never had any complaints!!!!

Granby 11 February 2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigRed
Kenwood MP3 changer, velcroed down under drivers seat, facing towards the back seat and as far foward as possible,right upto the cross member. Its NEVER skipped and NEVER moves around. Infact ive also fitted a Aiwa & Clarion unit using the same method, never had any complaints!!!!

That's it exactly what I've done and as you said it NEVER skips :cool:

BigRed 11 February 2005 08:53 PM

Yeh, i got some cheap self adhesive velcro from Tradex, £1 a box (3mtrs per box) covered the bottom of the changer in the 'hook' side ,it stuck like crap to a blanket, job done.

rhybeck 15 February 2005 11:22 PM

if you put the cd facing to rear under the passenger seat it can change the cds form a seated position

rallyfan1977 16 February 2005 11:51 AM

Cheers

I've fitted my Kenwood 10 disk changer on the underside of the rear "parcel shelf" in the boot - it never skips, it's out of site, and changing CD's is as simple as opening the boot.
The install was dead easy - took about 90 mins and all the cables are hidden under the carpet

chiark 16 February 2005 11:57 AM

'nother vote for under the seat here :D

Scooby-Mark 17 February 2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by rallyfan1977
I've fitted my Kenwood 10 disk changer on the underside of the rear "parcel shelf" in the boot - it never skips, it's out of site, and changing CD's is as simple as opening the boot.
The install was dead easy - took about 90 mins and all the cables are hidden under the carpet

That's the position I am thinking of putting it too :)

I take it the cable was long enough to reach into the boot ??

What route did you send the cable ?? around the edge of the car or straight down the middle ??? :confused:

Cheers
Mark.

chiark 17 February 2005 03:49 PM

Changer cable routing doesn't matter, as it's a balanced signal in the kenwood (I *think*) so is better at rejecting noise. I've certainly never picked up noise in a CD changer cable using runs that would pick up noise in RCAs...

DOwn the side of the car is the easier route, as it's a pain to lift the carpet in the middle whereas getting into the door sills is trivial.