ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Brake pads for MY02 Newage WRX? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/400759-brake-pads-for-my02-newage-wrx.html)

jonnie c 05 February 2005 05:03 PM

Brake pads for MY02 Newage WRX?

Guys and Girls

What's the best OE replacment front brake pads for a MY02 WRX?

How much are they and where's best place to obtain them from?

Thanks

anfywills 08 February 2005 02:45 PM

Edited to remove commercial content.

stockcar 08 February 2005 10:40 PM

depends on your use and driving style mainly....................various options from the usual suspects like Pagid /Ferodo / etc..........................

alyn

corradoboy 09 February 2005 06:48 PM

Lots of choice....

Pagid 4.2.1 - V.good but expensive
Ferodo DS2500 - V.good but dusty
Mintex 1155 - V.good but noisy
EBC Red Ceramic - V.good and relatively cheap

Check out prices on AS Performance (see Alyn above), www.camskill.co.uk (or www.camsport.co.uk ), or JW Racing.

jmk 09 February 2005 07:12 PM

Have an 03 WRX; now on Pagid 4.2.1 and they're excellent. Not too much dust, not squeal when braking and well worth the money. Try AS Performance (Alyn), gave me great service and a keen price.

Miniman 10 February 2005 01:25 PM

I use Ferodo's DS2500 (on an MY02), they are dusty, but if you use an alloy wheel protector it makes cleaning the wheels easy road dirt and brake dust.

James_PowerMad 16 March 2005 07:27 PM

I too am in need of a new front set of pads for my bugeye WRX... I have looked around in these forums, but am lead to the conclusion that everyone here is recommending pads for track use... The above pad comparison includes Mintex 1155, and Red stuff, which I believe are both aimed at high temperature track use.

I don't think I get my brakes hot enough to warrant track pads, and would not want to compromise on cold braking.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket pad that gives good bite from cold, and doesn't fade under hardish road use? Are Mintex 1144's any good? How would they compare to the Subaru standard pads?

stockcar 16 March 2005 09:05 PM

personally the 1144/1155 are not particuarly good in general...........most of the pads above are NOT in the main recomended for aggressive track use and will all outperform the Mintex when cold..............

there are others available if you are looking for O.E. quality pads and the prices are more reasonable (although compared to the std Subaru costs most are v.cheap!!)

alyn

spikus1969 16 March 2005 10:07 PM

Edited to remove commercial content.

You MUST contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk first if you wish to advertise on ScoobyNet.

RRH 17 March 2005 11:00 PM

alyn is the man where brakes are concerned (wouldn't wish to contradict as he has much more tech knowledge than me, just a humble user), and pagid are pretty much the best, but I've always loved my crude, cheap and usually cheerful mintex 1144 / 1153 / 1155 / 1166- varied applications of course ;)

boothy 18 March 2005 08:11 PM

Fitted ds 2500 ferodo to my wrx 03 before this i was concerned about cold pads and no brakes don't worry they are absolutely superb from cold and get even better the hotter they are bit more dust but thats all would fit again without hesitating!!!

austen_wrx 18 March 2005 10:07 PM

Group buy on redstuff pads going on at the moment, much cheapness ;) Got them on mine along with ebc discs, you have to brake on them once when you start of to get the heat into them, but from then on they are fine, a very good road pad