ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   speedferries on BBC2 now (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/395836-speedferries-on-bbc2-now.html)

Jaybird-UK 18 January 2005 09:55 PM

speedferries on BBC2 now

quite a few people have recomended them on here, might be worth watching

JackClark 18 January 2005 10:59 PM

Expensive turbo!

Fuzz 18 January 2005 11:36 PM

75k :eek2:

Only two or so days ago I found the spped-ferries website to book a trip to France...

£25 each way :cool: gets my vote, even if they do have a few ahem* technical hitches....

Bit like easyjet... You get what you pay for..

Andy

Jaybird-UK 19 January 2005 12:30 AM

you've got to admire the bloke, rasied the cash with his neighbors!

My mate has used them twice last year and said they were superb, they'll be getting my money the next time I go to france

Andy H STi 19 January 2005 12:33 AM

I have booked after being recommended on here in my HELP Thread.

Was it interesting? Anyone give a rough idea? They reliable?

Roll on the Nurburgring in March :D **EXCITED**

Geek Boy 19 January 2005 06:25 AM

You say you get what you pay for etc.

Well 95% of ferries ran on time.........now with just one vessle that is not bad at all.

I will be using them this year without a doubt.

JackClark 19 January 2005 07:34 AM

Living in a low grade hotel, missing his family, working on the boat. I'll definately try to use his service this year.

Clarebabes 19 January 2005 08:25 AM

The dirty tricks, if they were true, were an eye opener. Ferry prices are high and a bit of competition never hurt anyone.

We used Speed Ferries last year for a Nurburgring trip and apart from the few extra miles you have to travel the other end, the service was good and I would recommend them without hesitation.

He will definitely be getting some more of our custom next year. And he was a nice bloke, wasn't he?

Gutmann pug 19 January 2005 08:26 AM

Flying is the way forward Clare :D :D :D

NickAdams 19 January 2005 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
And he was a nice bloke, wasn't he?

I thought that too!!!
I thought he was so professional in light of some of the things that had happened to his ferries etc etc.If it's true about dirty tricks,then the other companies should be ashamed of themselves!!! B@stards!!! :mad:

Clarebabes 19 January 2005 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Flying is the way forward Clare :D :D :D

Depends if you need a car at the other end ;)

Nimbus 19 January 2005 10:44 AM

I saw about 15 mins of this (where they lost steering on one side in that rough sea). What tricks where the other companies playing??

MadMark 19 January 2005 10:47 AM

Brilliant - He's going to get my money! :D

Gutmann pug 19 January 2005 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Depends if you need a car at the other end ;)

We are gonna ava big pow wow about this stuff the night before Bedford. Need to get our **** togother ready for the season start.

Iain Young 19 January 2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nimbus
I saw about 15 mins of this (where they lost steering on one side in that rough sea). What tricks where the other companies playing??

• Parking in the speed ferry berths so they could not unload the cars (making the speed ferry sit in the harbour waiting for an hour)
  • Spying on them from the top of the cliffs behind
  • Sending malicious / virus laden emails to travel companies and newspapers, pretending to be from the ceo of speed ferries
Nasty stuff....

ozzy 19 January 2005 12:04 PM

Trying to poach all their staff by offering them bribes
Sending malicious e-mails to Catholic Schools to embarass the company
Spreading rumours of them using foreign, cheap labour
Spreading rumours that they hadn't paid large bills and were borrowing more and more money

Seemed a really honest and genuine guy. I would put up with some delays if it meant they kept in business.

Frosty The Snowman 19 January 2005 01:02 PM

I used them last year for my main holiday and they were good, unfortunately it was when the turbo was knackered and it meant there were delays, even so it was still quicker than a normal ferry.

For day trippers normal ferries are very cheap but as soon as you come back a different day they really sting you for some reason, this is where SpeedFerries win outright, they save me about £200 for one crossing I think.

sti-04!! 19 January 2005 01:10 PM

Engine ancillary failures happen ;)

Good luck to him

dtriggs 19 January 2005 02:08 PM

Thats the point really - engine failures will always happen - it's how you deal with the customers when it does. They kept them well informed and made an effort to get things going asap. All the customers seemed positive even when there was a breakdown.

I would use them if I went by boat but I use the train as I get cheap Eurotunnel crossings from my sister.

FrenchBoy 19 January 2005 02:14 PM

Good program and a top bloke.
Made me feel like taking an unecessary trip to france just to show support.

Nimbus 19 January 2005 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by FrenchBoy
Made me feel like taking an unecessary trip to france just to show support.

I'm not sure I would go that far.... ;)

Fuzz 19 January 2005 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus

Parking in the speed ferry berths so they could not unload the cars (making the speed ferry sit in the harbour waiting for an hour)
Spying on them from the top of the cliffs behind
Sending malicious / virus laden emails to travel companies and newspapers, pretending to be from the ceo of speed ferries
Nasty stuff....

Trying to poach all their staff by offering them bribes
Sending malicious e-mails to Catholic Schools to embarass the company
Spreading rumours of them using foreign, cheap labour
Spreading rumours that they hadn't paid large bills and were borrowing more and more money
and the suspicious scribbling on the piece of paper found by a staff member.

(hope you had a good journey, watch out, it's under the chairs.)

Bomb threat.....

Why ?? <shakes head> :nono:

Andy

Nimbus 19 January 2005 05:32 PM

Can't they get some legal action to stop this kind of intidation and bullying..?

David_Dickson 19 January 2005 07:24 PM

I have used Speedferries twice now, and both time went without any hitch at all.
Easy on-line booking, easy check-in, frequent sailings that were all dead on time when I went...
Absolutely no complaints from me, and having seen that programme last night, I will be supporting the company in the future. He seemed like a really honest, genuine guy who is trying to do a good thing, against all the odds when the big boys try to force him out of business for theatening their cozy wee cartels.

I wish him the best of luck.

Jaybird-UK 19 January 2005 09:53 PM

Fight the Pirates!