ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Chest Pains (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/395565-chest-pains.html)

Terzo 333 17 January 2005 10:12 PM

Chest Pains

Before I bother my docs, can anyone tell me whats up with me ?

The chest pains I experience aren't when I breath, but if I push or scratch my chest (right in the centre) it gives me palpatations, and quite a strange sensation (not nice, quite painful, and makes me feel a bit queasy)

I'm 24 and quit smoking 9 months ago, but I'm not sure how long my chest has been like this.

Should I be overly concerned :confused:

Thanks

The Chief 17 January 2005 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Before I bother my docs, can anyone tell me whats up with me ?

The chest pains I experience aren't when I breath, but if I push or scratch my chest (right in the centre) it gives me palpatations, and quite a strange sensation (not nice, quite painful, and makes me feel a bit queasy)

I'm 24 and quit smoking 9 months ago, but I'm not sure how long my chest has been like this.

Should I be overly concerned :confused:

Thanks

Ring Nhs direct up right now just to be on the safe side dont f*ck about or risk your health.!!!!!!!!

The Chief 17 January 2005 10:17 PM

Nhs Direct 0845 46 47

i rung them last week and they were brilliant
ring 'em now buddy

let me know how you go on

Jaybird-UK 17 January 2005 11:35 PM

another thumbs up for NHS direct, sometimes they have to call you back if a nurse/doctor isnt available but they're pretty quick.

Hope everythings fine, but DO ring them anyway

drjsd 17 January 2005 11:38 PM

Or NHS Direct-to-A+E as we affectionately know it ;)

Midlife...... 17 January 2005 11:42 PM

Lots of PCT's (primary care trusts) run special chest pain clinics ...........as advised above phone NHS Direct !!!

drjsd 17 January 2005 11:46 PM

In case I'm accused of being a heartless uncaring *******, it sounds like nothing, statistically it'll be nothing, but if you have any doubts get your Doc out, although from experience they'll tell you to get or call for you, an ambulance. Basically cos it's not worth the risk for them (or me) to say it's nothing without seeing you.

And if you feel short of breath/nauseous/sweaty then get seen ASAP.

Midlife...... 17 January 2005 11:50 PM

drjsd

Defensive medicine at it's best.............. well worth the subscriptions I pay to the MDU !!! ........... LOL

Shaun

drjsd 17 January 2005 11:53 PM

Covering my ****, in these dangerous times! (**** to save the server from doing it for me - didn't know it pulled rude words!)

And TERZO333 - let us know how you get on, assuming it isn't too serious.

Daz34 17 January 2005 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by drjsd
Basically cos it's not worth the risk for them (or me) to say it's nothing without seeing you.

Are you a doctor?? If so, how come you have no referrals in your Profile? ;)

drjsd 18 January 2005 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Daz34
Are you a doctor?? If so, how come you have no referrals in your Profile? ;)

I see the slightly less "elective" clientele - although some people do wait weeks to see me :D

Daz34 18 January 2005 12:03 AM

So you are the nit nurse then? ;)

drjsd 18 January 2005 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Daz34
So you are the nit nurse then? ;)

Not before I go to bed please :eek2:

Jamie 18 January 2005 01:16 AM

Get p1ssed have a few smokes and sleep on it ;)

chrome 18 January 2005 07:47 AM

what happened then mate?

I had a scare myself last week.. http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=002824

I Know how you feel to some extent..

yes I know- I should work less.. :rolleyes: :(

theotherphil 18 January 2005 11:38 AM

If you ring NHS direct with chest pains, they'll send you an Ambulance. As drjsd said "Or NHS Direct-to-A+E as we affectionately know it".

Leslie 20 January 2005 12:16 AM

Get it checked out properly, probably nothing serious but best be certain.

Well done on kicking the ciggies too.

Les

fast bloke 20 January 2005 12:22 AM

I have no idea, but my wife, who works on a PR car thinks you might be having a PT. She says get your ass to A&E. I say hang around here and we won't laugh (much) if you die :D

MonkeyJismTea 20 January 2005 01:40 AM

Well we call NHS Direct - NHS Misdirect here, they are good for simple things but if you mention shortness of breath or chest pains they always get an ambulance.

I am assuming the guy who said your having a PT meant PE, it certainly doesnt sound like one , also its not cardiac (heart) related as with cardiac pain breathing moving touching scratching etc, will not make it worse, best thing to do is go see your doctor get him to check you over, or if your worried take yourself up to your nearest casualty.