ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   UK Radio Aid (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/395348-uk-radio-aid.html)

thecirsch 17 January 2005 10:28 AM

UK Radio Aid

I have been listening most of the morning, had Chris Evens and a few other DJ's on. Not a bad bit of radio.

However, since 10AM, Simon "Our Tune" Bates has been on, joined by Jade Goodey. Her voice started to make my teeth itch, I've had to turn it off :rolleyes:

Chris L 17 January 2005 10:56 AM

Debatable if I actually need the radio turned on when JG is talking :)

Lum 17 January 2005 10:59 AM

WTF, why is Jade still around?
Last I heard of her was when b3ta were photosopiign her with a pigs nose and making bootleg mp3s of her stupider quotes. I still have one called Pretty Thick (Stupid Pills) somewhere.

boxst 17 January 2005 11:52 AM

Hello

I was listening this morning, and Chris Evans actually did quite a good job.

Steve.

Drunken Bungle Whore 17 January 2005 01:23 PM

I'm with you TC! I was driving along enjoying the tunes and witty banter and then SHE appeared - I honestly tried to listen, but 5 mins was all I could take before I hit the CD button! :D

InvisibleMan 17 January 2005 01:25 PM

thought this was on all channels all day or has it been & gone before 10am???

Paulo P 17 January 2005 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by thecirsch
I have been listening most of the morning, had Chris Evens and a few other DJ's on. Not a bad bit of radio.

However, since 10AM, Simon "Our Tune" Bates has been on, joined by Jade Goodey. Her voice started to make my teeth itch, I've had to turn it off :rolleyes:

I couldn't listen to her either :( What the hell were they thinking having that dappy cow on there :rolleyes: Is she really that simple or is playing it up?

The Chief 17 January 2005 01:28 PM

Bring back Chris Evans on Radio1 a lot better than that fat T**t Moyles!!!!:)

ajm 17 January 2005 01:30 PM

It's on 260 commercial radio stations. Why couldn't they have just used ONE national station instead?

Disrupted my morning routine and deprived me of essential local traffic reports! Switched to CD immediately! :mad:

Drunken Bungle Whore 17 January 2005 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
It's on 260 commercial radio stations. Why couldn't they have just used ONE national station instead?

Disrupted my morning routine and deprived me of essential local traffic reports! CD mode instantly enabled! :mad:

ajm - are you really Victor Meldrews evil twin......?

:p

InvisibleMan 17 January 2005 01:32 PM

yup listening to one which wasnt on the list :rolleyes:

chaos. 17 January 2005 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ajm

Disrupted my morning routine and deprived me of essential local traffic reports! Switched to CD immediately! :mad:

**edited**

No need for posts like that :(

Stueyb 17 January 2005 02:23 PM

im getting fed up to the back teeth with all this crap. Yes it happened, yes it was sad, no I would like it to happen to me or my nearest and dearest but I just wish it would all go away, it is having a similar effect to that commentated on by "that bloke" who had to apologise to the liverpudlians, but on a n ational, almost international effect. It really gets on my tits all this, every sod wants some of my money, and I dont want to give it.

Flatcapdriver 17 January 2005 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stueyb
im getting fed up to the back teeth with all this crap. Yes it happened, yes it was sad, no I would like it to happen to me or my nearest and dearest but I just wish it would all go away, it is having a similar effect to that commentated on by "that bloke" who had to apologise to the liverpudlians, but on a n ational, almost international effect. It really gets on my tits all this, every sod wants some of my money, and I dont want to give it.

I agree with what you're saying in that it seems that private and genuine grief is becoming insufficient for far too many people these days. Its as if they feel the need to suffer as well even though they weren't involved in the first place. At the end of the day, you don't have to give your money to charity and its yours to do with as you wish. Personally, I give to the RNLI and that's it - no other charities get a penny.

Lum 17 January 2005 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Stueyb
It really gets on my tits all this, every sod wants some of my money, and I dont want to give it.

Never work in a desk job at a large coporation, especially not near to the accounding, admin or HR departments then!

I agree with the post. If I am going to donate to charity or do charity work, I will find the charity myself, do the business and keep my gob shut about it. Anyone who makes a big point of "look at me, I'm giving money" is doing it for the wrong reasons, either to posturise, advertise or to compensate for all their other evils, this particularly applies to large corporations. (RMCC anyone)

The only exception to this is if you do voulenteer work and then put it on your CV as relevent experience.

StickyMicky 17 January 2005 06:50 PM

went into work and put the radio on to be greeted by sum crappy music, intial thoughts were that sumbody had tweaked the dial, so tried to find galaxy fm and couldnt

worked it out later on when i heard the radio aid thing. switched it off and got the ps2 out :D