ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So what can i do with an iPaq? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/394730-so-what-can-i-do-with-an-ipaq.html)

Nat 14 January 2005 07:35 PM

So what can i do with an iPaq?

Getting one practically for nothing from my company...would be nice to know what i can actually do with it!

I know i can get some Tom Tom software and use it for Navigation but I can do this amazing thing where i read a book called MAP and then remember where to go! I really doubt i'd use it much if it was in my car for navigating purposes.

What else :confused: Is it just another shiny gadget that doesnt really do much?

jowl 14 January 2005 07:50 PM

tomTom Sat nav is fantastic software. Not only does it guide you to your destination (which you can do yourself with a map, like you said) but it will also warn you of Speed cameras in the area. It can also advise you of your nearest Shell/BP/Bank/McD's/Brothel as well.

You can also watch DVD movies on it as well. Okay, it's not a huge widescreen but if you want to watch your own movie on a plane / train etc, use an iPaq

You can play lots of games, including soltaire.

You can take pictures and play mp3's.

and you can use the organiser to remind you that your late to pick your girlfriend up...
:eek2:
er...gotta go

cw42 14 January 2005 08:01 PM

pda's, brilliant bit of kit, I use mine for:
sat nav and speed cam detection
uk postcode finder, to look up streets at work (royal mail)
office word, excel, notes for work
windows media player, mp3's, dvd's, my own digi cam films
syncs with my outlook b4 I go to work everyday, compose messages at work, send em from home
avantgo, cutdown version of guardian newspaper + film section everyday, + you can choose other channels like motorsport ones to read
all my favourite pictures are stored on it, from my wife, kids and pets, to my scooby and bike :)
games, when I'm bored at work, got a dvd with thousands on still to explore
diary
to do tasks
remote control for tv's, love changing the channel at work when the football is on :) (also use it to remote control my canon 300d)

so, pretty usefull to me really :)

chris.

Nat 14 January 2005 08:19 PM

I'm pretty sure it hasnt got a DVD drive on it? :confused: Hows that work then, watching DVDs?

And how do you use the internet/web? Do you need to use a phone as well with a bluetooth link for the connection?

apples24 14 January 2005 08:23 PM

store the films on a sd card m8

jbryant 14 January 2005 09:05 PM

some nice simple games

For some very decent and highly addictive games, all with free trial versions available, check out www.astraware.com.

Particular favourites are Bejeweled and Insaniquarium

Joolz

SJ_Skyline 14 January 2005 09:15 PM

Get wireless broadband at home and surf in bed :D

lightning101 14 January 2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Get wireless broadband at home and surf in bed :D

With free plastic sheets :)