ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   International Tsunami 555 meet; the Netherlands (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/393830-international-tsunami-555-meet-the-netherlands.html)

us2nlwrx 11 January 2005 07:57 PM

International Tsunami 555 meet; the Netherlands

The Dutch Subaru club will be organizing an international meet with the goal of having 555 Subaru's present. No date has been set yet, though as soon as the final location and date have been set i will let you know. Of course everyone is welcome. This meet will have the purpose of raising funds for those affected by the disaster in South Asia.

Clubs from Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France, England, and of course the Netherlands will be represented, and any other subaru drivers from any nation with the dedication and spirit to join us. I hope that this will spark interest in the U.K. and i hope that many of you will join us for what will surely be a fantastic event.

We are currently talking with the circuit of Zandvoort for the location of the event, this would possibly allow for racing as well as it providing plenty of parking space. Please let me know if i can provide any further information, i will of course update this thread with both location, date, and any other information.

Ale555 11 January 2005 08:45 PM

May I ask why only Turbos? Do N/A drivers donīt give that much money?

David MY99 11 January 2005 08:54 PM

The goal of the record is 555 impreza/wrx turbo's together. This make's it a bit more special.
For 555 regular subaru's you just can go to your local dealer ;)

David MY99 11 January 2005 09:03 PM

p.s.

The Dutch Subaruclub is trying to make the trip over to the netherlands for free or at high discount. As soon as i know more details i let you know.
So come all over to the Netherlands and have smoke and a good time :D
Pub's are open till three in the morning ;)

us2nlwrx 11 January 2005 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ale555
May I ask why only Turbos? Do N/A drivers donīt give that much money?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. It was a bit of mis-communication within the club, the meet is open to all Subaru's. I hope nobody was offended.

lordlucan 12 January 2005 12:07 AM

bttt

scooby-si 12 January 2005 03:38 AM

so wheres jamie555 and david;)

we get a free ferry:D

tmo 12 January 2005 10:21 AM

Would be interested.

Keep us informed.

Tim.

Brendan Hughes 12 January 2005 11:06 AM

Weren't you guys the ones that organised the drive-by for that little kid?

That was stunning, that's a club I'd be proud to be a member of :thumb:

I don't own a scoob and I won't be there, but good luck :)

Ale555 12 January 2005 11:27 AM

Oh, thats fine then...hope to see you there...

Phil 12 January 2005 11:36 AM

Keep us informed

I'm sure we could send a few ;)

JohnRoly 12 January 2005 01:36 PM

Would definately like to show my support (and maybe have a bit of a jaunt through Deutschland after!!). Especially if the Ferry is discounted, last time i went Ģ180 return for the car and 2 passengers!!!

Aram 12 January 2005 02:20 PM

This is indeed the same club that did the charity drive for Jesse. ;)

Tiny 12 January 2005 06:26 PM

Please keep us updated , Date / Time/ locatoin etc..

Would love to come along

Should be able to muster a few of the Essex scooby crew along as well !!

Tiny...

ethanrob 12 January 2005 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRoly
Would definately like to show my support (and maybe have a bit of a jaunt through Deutschland after!!). Especially if the Ferry is discounted, last time i went Ģ180 return for the car and 2 passengers!!!

Christ dude,p&o ferries over nighter to holland =Ģ64 for two peeps and the motor return

FLAT ERIC 12 January 2005 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01
Please keep us updated , Date / Time/ locatoin etc..

Would love to come along

Should be able to muster a few of the Essex scooby crew along as well !!

Tiny...

I am interested.Well up for this,subject to date & my fast filling diary. ;)

Mark

David MY99 12 January 2005 11:27 PM

Scooby-si,
we're already here ;). (no adapters yet by the way)
The discount for the trip is a difficult item we have found out :(
Keep you all posted if there's any progress in it. If you scoobynetmembers can arange it by yourself would be even better.

And yes this is the same Subaru club as for the kidd.
Maybe, we will arange a complete trackday at Zandvoort. We are still working on it and combine it with some round's at the track and 1/4 mile race's organized bij DoDare. All info will be posted here if it goes through.

scooby-si 13 January 2005 04:51 AM

david you should have them soon i got mine yesterday:D

us2nlwrx 14 February 2005 03:08 PM

Due to issues related to acquiring insurance the event in cancelled. Sorry that i have to relate the bad news. Thanks to everyone who was excited!

Ninnybobs 14 February 2005 08:17 PM

Sorry to hear that............................

Why not come over to the UK and join 500 scoobs at Lightwater Valley on 12th June 2005 for the Northern Big One. A Charity event that raised 3000 GBP for Cancer Research last year.

You and your colleagues would be made extremely welcome.

Martin

SUBTYPER 14 February 2005 08:54 PM

Why dont we just organise a massive convoy to meet at a European location like Nurburgring and stuff the insurance. i am sure all us impreza` drivers have insurance to cover our cars and I bet we can find a nice big area to park up in. Imagine the Northern Big One starts the UK Convoy to Europe for the weekend picking up more and more scooby`s enroute. Where is Lordharding we need an organiser.

wbm3 14 February 2005 09:54 PM

Merge something in with the Nurburgring meet?