ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle Scoobs please sign in!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/389840-newcastle-scoobs-please-sign-in.html)

richiewong 08 June 2005 10:16 PM

Mickey you're gonna have to put that pic up in members gallery to see the response you get:lol1:;)

SUBTYPER 08 June 2005 10:16 PM

Glen will do it real cheap at least full price and wont charge extra for the extra air allowed to flow through without the plastic getting in the way. LOL.

Liz is still waiting for her Trackday with the Glen. She only won it a year ago.

richiewong 08 June 2005 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by SUBTYPER
Glen will do it real cheap at least full price and wont charge extra for the extra air allowed to flow through without the plastic getting in the way. LOL.

Liz is still waiting for her Trackday with the Glen. She only won it a year ago.

Next time I'm in I'll give him a reminder for you John:thumb:

SUBTYPER 08 June 2005 10:18 PM

Has anybody checked out the website www.drccentral.com its about radio control car drifting there is some awesome videos in the forum

SUBTYPER 08 June 2005 10:19 PM

Thanks Richie Liz will appreciate it matey. If he aint doing any trackdays Liz says she will settle for a new set of 18" wheels for her Impreza LOL

richiewong 08 June 2005 10:28 PM

:lol: I Like it

Mickey have you tried any NF in the diesel yethttp://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/smilies/ponder2.gif it'll help with that det problem:D :D :D

SUBTYPER 08 June 2005 10:30 PM

Did you know apparently if you inject propane Gas into a diesel engine it has the same effect as injecting Nos into a petrol engine.

richiewong 08 June 2005 10:33 PM

...and used vegetable oil:eek:, no kidding did this on Top Gear

SUBTYPER 08 June 2005 10:36 PM

Right completely along a different line does anybody fancy doing a D1 drifting instruction day at Northampton. Using there cars rather than your own.

StickyMicky 08 June 2005 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SUBTYPER
Did you know apparently if you inject propane Gas into a diesel engine it has the same effect as injecting Nos into a petrol engine.

yup, i looked into it when i had my 1.7td veccy

that had a few mods
uprated fuel pump, new turbo, lower compresion for this >>> unlimited boost control (bleed valve whacked as far open as it could :D ) and a few choice induction and exhaust mods

it was not "that" slow to be honest

you can also have a tube going into the inlet, connected to a washing up bottle, in this bottle you have petrol, what you do is drive while sumbody shakes the petrol about, create sum nice thick vapours, and have the man in the passenger seat squeeze the bottle to fire them into the engine, a lad done this with his 306td and said it started doing crazy reving and spinning its wheels all over the place :lol:

the top mount on this looks bigger then the early slanty scooby models :eek:
wonder if a sti8 one will fit

StickyMicky 08 June 2005 11:25 PM

What the pro's do is find the maximum possible power performance without wasting fuel or ecconomy. There's a lot of fine tuning and more often than not some pretty good technology to really tune it up. Firstly you up the fuel to a point where it isnt all pooring out the back. This will instantly make a difference to the car as before the turbo it will have a lot more grunt! Then you can slowly up the boost pressure. I know of cases where this has been taken upto 1.7psi but its not advised to go further than 1.3psi,
1.3psi :confused:

StickyMicky 08 June 2005 11:28 PM

must resist :D

on the top of the pump you'll see a square'ish plate with a pipe (rubber)going to it this is on boost fueling
take out the 4 10mm headed bolts, as you are undoing the last bolt hold pressure on the plate as there is a spring underneath when it's off you should have a rubber diaphram in there slowly lift it take note of it's position
i.e 12 o'clock ,1 o'clock if in doubt mark it with paint
that done check diaphram for ripes etc if damaged get a new one
under the diaphram and rod (connect together)you'll see a spring take out now you can see an adjuster wheel
it has teeth on it to lock it position you can carefully turn this with a screwdriver
anti-clockwise to incease diesel
clockwise to decrease
only go a few clicks at a time max 5
reassemble making sure everything goes back in correct order

richiewong 09 June 2005 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
only go a few clicks at a time max 5

To quote Spinal Tap...

"It goes all the way to eleven" :D

SUBTYPER 09 June 2005 01:10 PM

Mickey you wanna do a rolling road day matey.

StickyMicky 09 June 2005 02:50 PM

did one in the veccy lol
everybody was laughing :lol: , and then it came on boost :eek:

SUBTYPER 09 June 2005 03:31 PM

bet it nearly pulled the rollers out the floor with the torque. Mickey. Imagine the antilag pops and bangs you would get.

StickyMicky 09 June 2005 04:14 PM

antilag on a derv!

SUBTYPER 09 June 2005 04:19 PM

Yeah go for it Mickey you wanna get a flamer kit too. Will make it look like an Iraqi Oil field.

jabbroni 09 June 2005 04:51 PM

STI 8 Bonnet Vent

Richie I was thing along those lines but it will flex too much under duress

StickyMicky 09 June 2005 07:06 PM

anybody know when mr stockton is back at work?

SteveCMY97 09 June 2005 10:10 PM

Come to the NBO with Shek, Alyn will be at work there lol

StickyMicky 09 June 2005 10:43 PM

nope, ive booked work in now

you would do the same if you had to drive that ****ebox citreon about :lol:
anyway, thought you said it was gonna rain :razz:

SteveCMY97 09 June 2005 10:48 PM

if it does rain now i will get the blame :cry:

SCD Simon 09 June 2005 11:11 PM

RAIN :eek::eek::eek:

SCD Simon 10 June 2005 01:10 PM

Afternoon all :D
Has anyone got any plans for this weekend ????????????

STi Paul 10 June 2005 02:04 PM

Nope, nothing planed, do you know of something thats happening??????????
Keep me posted.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Ninnybobs 10 June 2005 03:10 PM

Anyone fancy a little get together on Sunday?

Martin

SteveCMY97 10 June 2005 04:29 PM

Where were you thinking of having this little get together Martin?

StickyMicky 10 June 2005 04:51 PM

how about a carwash day so i can pay for my engine :D

SteveCMY97 10 June 2005 05:03 PM

There you go Martin a mid monthly meeting at Micky's car wash lol