ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle Scoobs please sign in!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/389840-newcastle-scoobs-please-sign-in.html)

gravelexpress 28 March 2005 11:55 AM

thanks for all the advice

for tyres i really want to give the r888 a run - because they are cheap!! Alyn will be doing the brakes in a few weeks we are uprating the discs and pads but sticking with the subaru 4 pots.

In time I may get round to the big AP kit - hence getting the 17" alloys. But most of my budget is going into safety equipment to start off with. so the Fia buckets, harness and cage modifications are going to absorb quite a bit of budget! Alyn will be tweaking the Gems so I may speak to him about increasing the boost a little bit - but the work in the Gems so far has transformed the car.

I need to try the car on track to see how the susension holds out - it is a lot better but we shall see

cant wait to get on track!!

StickyMicky 28 March 2005 01:03 PM

cant wait for to remove your seats ;)

Ninnybobs 28 March 2005 03:24 PM

LOL @ Richie,

Mickey reminded me of that programme from the 70's, Multicoloured Swap Shop.

Maybe, we should have a TTS Swap Shop

Martin (Starting to feel his age, as most of you won't even remember the 70's)

SCD Simon 28 March 2005 03:42 PM

I remember the 70's. They were big vinyl records :D

Ninnybobs 28 March 2005 04:17 PM

Simon,

I'm glad I'm not alone. I still have a loft full of LP's and nothing to play them on. LOL

Martin

SUBTYPER 28 March 2005 07:45 PM

So Gravel whats the car feeling like now Alyn has mapped the car then I am hoping he is gonna do mine once I get all the hardware fitted.

STIPAUL. Did you notice any difference in your GEMS when Alyn did the mapping on it.

Ninnybobs 28 March 2005 08:02 PM

Bye Eck............................Alyn must be busy at the moment. All this mapping ;)

gravelexpress 28 March 2005 09:27 PM

this was the first map on a GEMS that I bought second hand.

all I can compare it too is the standard STI ECU,

1) all the lag is gone
2) very quick accelation - the turbo is spooling up at lower revs
3) nice torquey feelin all gears
4) pleasure to drive

made 285 bhp 276 lb/ft on the rollers with boost set at 1.2
Im looking forward to doing some standing 1/4 and track days this year - where I
will see the benefits. Im very happy with the map - just needs tweaking for cold start and map the AL.

at the RR day their was another scoob with GEMS mapped by someone else - he was err very disapointed

stockcar 29 March 2005 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SUBTYPER
So Gravel whats the car feeling like now Alyn has mapped the car then I am hoping he is gonna do mine once I get all the hardware fitted.

STIPAUL. Did you notice any difference in your GEMS when Alyn did the mapping on it.

we never 'mapped' pauls car merely checked for an issue he was suffering from...............he's now thinking of some upgrades and quite possibly we'll end up remapping then??

alyn

StickyMicky 29 March 2005 08:24 AM

http://www.seh.ox.ac.uk/images/map-detail.jpg

richiewong 29 March 2005 09:09 AM

:lol: Nice bit of 'mapping' going on there

Ninnybobs 29 March 2005 10:44 AM

The map took a while to 'sink in', but I 'Get It Now' ;)

Back to work with a Monday feeling, even though it Tuesday.

Seeya

Martin

STi Paul 29 March 2005 12:28 PM

With a few little tweeks here n' there, we could possibly find our way to Micky's place of Business. LOL

STi Paul 29 March 2005 12:33 PM

Yesterdays navigational rally/treasure hunt, was a great drive. Nice to see so many TTS lads there.
Anyhow, I came second, with my 11year old son doing the navigating. Well impressive!!! Am a right proud dad, I am.

Paul

Ninnybobs 29 March 2005 03:16 PM

Well Done Paul and Well Done to your son for putting up with you.

That last TTS Treasure Hunt that we did, I had ripped my lads head off and we hadn't even got out of Bournmoor LOL.

I have some special goodies for you when we meet up next !!!!!!!!!

Martin

StickyMicky 29 March 2005 06:11 PM

i am the mapping master :D

stockcar 29 March 2005 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by gravelexpress
this was the first map on a GEMS that I bought second hand.

all I can compare it too is the standard STI ECU,

1) all the lag is gone
2) very quick accelation - the turbo is spooling up at lower revs
3) nice torquey feelin all gears
4) pleasure to drive

made 285 bhp 276 lb/ft on the rollers with boost set at 1.2
Im looking forward to doing some standing 1/4 and track days this year - where I
will see the benefits. Im very happy with the map - just needs tweaking for cold start and map the AL.

at the RR day their was another scoob with GEMS mapped by someone else - he was err very disapointed

the odd thing about the RR figures is that if a std car has 300 out of the factory..................marks must have min. 25bhp and 40lbs/ft extra judging by its 'pace' on the road???

alyn

just to add Marks car was done at V. short notice and we didn't have time to sort some issues caused by previous "fitters"...........

StickyMicky 29 March 2005 09:46 PM

i dont belive RR figures any more

today i had a play with a nice evo6
and to be fair it was off a roundabout and straight down the A19
and i compleatly slaughterd it, he had to pull over to let me past before i dented his backend :D

fuelings/AFR fine, boost is fine, no retarded timing, car "should" have hit about 330bhp IMO on the day, it didnt

yesterday i did a few test

vf23
AFR 915 (dropped to 895 and then 875 after a few "tests" lambda heating up)
1.3bar @ 6krevs
cant rember the timing now but it was not retarded at all acording to the eco!!
it was driving pretty nice and fairly brisk, felt a touch faster then standerd ;)

282bhp/260lbft does not add up to me, for my figures :confused:

tonight i did the same test
same figures except the AFR was 875 from the beguining, which dropped as the lambda heated up (normal IMO) colder misty air tonight, doesnt make any sense to me.

StickyMicky 29 March 2005 09:49 PM

anyway, i have a set of ported OEM headers and a Zerosports uppipe arrivng soon which should help things along

the zerosports upipe has sum kind of venturi thing inside to speed up gasflow? :confused:

not sure about that TBH

richiewong 30 March 2005 09:25 AM

Wednesdy morning bump.

Still crap and misty out there, must be nearly summer then:rolleyes:

Ninnybobs 30 March 2005 11:26 AM

Hey Richie,

Shouldn't you be at work?

Bloody NHS give the staff far to much time off work ;)

Martin

richiewong 30 March 2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs
Hey Richie,

Shouldn't you be at work?

Bloody NHS give the staff far to much time off work ;)

Martin

Taking the last few days of my holidays before the new tax year starts.
Late nights and late mornings:D

Off to Edinburgh this weekend on a stag do, drink, karting and more drink :idea:

Might bump into FASTERMIKE up there:D

richiewong 31 March 2005 08:15 AM

Thursday Morning bump.

Well off to the local dealers to collect some door sills and side moulding kit.
Already have a fookin parking dent in the passenger door stupid fat dicks can't get out of their cars properly:mad:

Don't really want to fit them but needs must, gonna get them coded first though but will have to wait until next pay day:p:D

StickyMicky 31 March 2005 03:04 PM

anybody got a sti passenger rear light :eek: ??

nice van adjusted mine this morning, along with the back quarter, waiting for the dent man to arrive to pop it back out :rolleyes:
hopefully he can sort the front wing out as well while hes here :rolleyes:

it put massive marks down the side of the car, but because theres that much polish and wax on the thing all the van/bumper/residue stuff just wiped off :razz:

richiewong 31 March 2005 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

nice van adjusted mine this morning, along with the back quarter, waiting for the dent man to arrive to pop it back out :rolleyes:

it put massive marks down the side of the car, but because theres that much polish and wax on the thing all the van/bumper/residue stuff just wiped off :razz:

Thats a sh1ter:eek::mad:

Which 'mobile' dent fella are you using, as mentioned I've a small parking dent in the passenger door, barely noticable BUT I KNOW IT'S THERE and incredibly annoying:mad:
How much as well?

Today's bling
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ong/WRX023.jpg

SteveCMY97 31 March 2005 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

******* did you hit him Micky ?

Just finished wrapping my headers what a fookin pain in the hoop that job is :freak3:

Hmmmmm i wonder if Alyn has got any time to fit them for me ??????

StickyMicky 31 March 2005 04:46 PM

it was my fault as i was in the wrong lane!
the dent man im useing is sumbody i have known for years, i trust his work, see him do plenty of jobs over the years at all the garages i have worked at

he wouldnt do a job for me once as he couldnt garentee the work (rust removal)

SteveCMY97 31 March 2005 04:48 PM

I need him to have a look at the dent in mine where the wheelie bin attacked it :cry:

Ninnybobs 31 March 2005 06:43 PM

Sorry to hear about your little bump Mickey

An STI Rear Light ain't going to be easy to find :(

Martin

richiewong 31 March 2005 09:07 PM

Micky Scoobymania have got them £110.40 without VAT each :eek: Ouch

Could always try Grade A