ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle Scoobs please sign in!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/389840-newcastle-scoobs-please-sign-in.html)

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 02:59 PM

I think he has gone over to the Vauxhall performance Forums to tell everybody how he can blow away Impreza`s He has been converted by the darker than Dark side. Least he didnt buy an evo. II think we should all club together and buy him a stick on fuel filler cap. as Every corsa has one. maybe even a beesting aeriel.

Ninnybobs 13 February 2005 03:01 PM

Whats that all about then?

Bread with Garlic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StickyMicky 13 February 2005 05:46 PM

whats corsa_merit-paul been buying then??

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 08:25 PM

Think its a modified Merit Mickey. Its had the fuel filler flushed to the bodywork and has a little pipe inside for filling it up

richiewong 13 February 2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by SUBTYPER
I think we should all club together and buy him a stick on fuel filler cap. as Every corsa has one.

*Ahem*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...wong/Bling.jpg:D:D:D

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 08:34 PM

Now Richie what price are you gonna do that for. We can all Chip a quid in and give STIPAUL A proper Fuel filler cap which will not only raise his racing cred but give him another 50bhp on the rollers.

richiewong 13 February 2005 08:47 PM

That one's not for sale....just yet anyway;)

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 08:50 PM

I got two of those bought one got one free from ebay only cost me £12 shipped to the door and only difference it aint got the STI sticker on.

richiewong 13 February 2005 09:15 PM

Without the STi sticker you don't get the full 50bhp increase :D:lol1:

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 09:18 PM

With the £70 money saving will make do with only 400 BHP lol

richiewong 13 February 2005 09:20 PM

Sweet:cool:

DEKA 13 February 2005 09:21 PM

Watching saving private Ryan,drinking vasts amounts of STELLA,and have just opened my Valentines pezzy. Am i good or what????????????

richiewong 13 February 2005 09:21 PM

Right I'm off to do some 'homework' for work tomorrow:rolleyes:

Night

SUBTYPER 13 February 2005 09:25 PM

Night matey SO DEKA what you get then

DEKA 13 February 2005 10:45 PM

Night matey SO DEKA what you get then

Got an MP3 player tried to install the software
no joy think the STELLA has taken control
bad idea to install software when you are pi$$ed

richiewong 14 February 2005 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by DEKA
Got an MP3 player tried to install the software
no joy think the STELLA has taken control
bad idea to install software when you are pi$$ed

Aye, beer and technology don't mix well:D

Morning All

StickyMicky 14 February 2005 04:09 PM

unless its a beer machine :D

StickyMicky 14 February 2005 06:02 PM

ahhhhh sorted the samco inlet today, half removed the inlet manifold, took the samco out, placed 4 jubliee clips around it in strategic positions ;) and whacked it back in

all is well :D

SUBTYPER 14 February 2005 08:34 PM

Where youg et the Samco Inlet pipe from mate and is it a pain to fit

StickyMicky 14 February 2005 09:19 PM

got the samco from ebay

pain to fit, well it would be a bit easier if you did it properlly, but i tried to take a short cut which actualy ended up taking me MUCH longer lol

if you get one thats easy to fit (theres a few diffrent makes and stuff) your supposed to move the power steering pump, disconnect the old plastic one and rip it out (kinda killing it)
with the new inlet pipe being all rubbery and bendy you can shove them back under the manifold with a bit of "jiggling"

if you have a pipe thats not so floppy you have to remove the inlet manifiold, i got scammed, and ended up buying the OLD samco inlet which is a bit to floppy, it sucks itsself closed at 5500 rpm causeing a massive drop in power, i fitted it without removing the inlet manifold (and without moving the power steering pump which i thought would be a short cut pmsl)

to stop it from sucking itself closed i had to redo it and remove the inlet manifold, which was a bit more of a pain then i was expecting it to be, i actualy lost 2 of the bolts that bolt the manifold down to the head, and i STILL cant find them anywhere :confused:

im lucky i had sum suitbile ones kicking around (1 was 13mm and the other was 14mm when the standerd ones are 12mm, but there in and torqued down so it will do for now)
god knows where the 2 proper ones went, i thought your supposed to end up with 1 extra bolt at the end of a big job, that you never know the origin off :p
anyways, all sorted now and boosting like train, replaced the rear pads as well as the things disintergrated on saturday night :rolleyes:

281bhp @ the rollingroad day here i come :D

Ninnybobs 14 February 2005 09:37 PM

Well done Mickey, glad you got it all sorted.

I will be interested to see the difference it makes on the rollers.

I am pretty sure the my OEM Inlet Tract will be the limiting factor on my run on the rollers.

Well Lane here we come

Martin

SUBTYPER 14 February 2005 09:41 PM

Its amazing Aint it. You drop a nut or a bolt and its like it finds the most darkest hidden place it can and stays there right uptil you are running a really impressive pwoer or quarter mile time after then it dislodges and drops to the floor either puncturing a tyre or worse still destroying an engine. So which inlet pipes are the best then? As in make and spec.

Anyone also noticed that trip to Stelvio in Italky looks absolutely fantastic roads.

richiewong 14 February 2005 10:02 PM

Evening all, one day to go for the new motor.
Got a message whilst at work, they can fit a new STi rear box for an extra £100 all in.
Mmmmmm SOLD:D
Ring them tomorrow to fit it before I pick it up.

Type R to be fitted with the Speedlines and final wash in the morning before it goes :(

SUBTYPER 14 February 2005 10:17 PM

How Richie why you putting speedlines on the Type R. I would of put boggo standard wheels on if part ex it

Ninnybobs 14 February 2005 10:36 PM

Tears tomorrow for Richie

Good luck with the new motor m8.

Cheers

Martin

richiewong 14 February 2005 10:43 PM

How Richie why you putting speedlines on the Type R. I would of put boggo standard wheels on if part ex it

Already sold the standard gold 16's
Use 17" Stilauto SR500 with Toyo Snowprox 205/45 for winter
17" Speedline Turini with 215/40 T1-S for the summer, decided to sell with the Speedlines on so the next owner can enjoy proper grip:D

Also plan to upgrade to 18's and running out of space to store all the bloody wheels:D

Cheers Martin, going to be sad to see it go but time to grow up;)
Mods list getting bigger and more expensive by the minute :norty:

stockcar 15 February 2005 08:35 AM

morning bump...........................

keep it up lads.............................oooh eerr

richiewong 15 February 2005 08:36 AM

Morning Alyn et al.

SCD Simon 15 February 2005 12:15 PM

Hello everyone :)

A big thanks to everyone who wished me well after my little accident the other week and thanks for the card, it has taken pride of place among the get well cards though it does keep reminding me i can't drive the scoob for a few more weeks :(

I'm on the mend though and am looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Plenty to look forward to aswell ie the NBO 3 and with any luck i'll be at the TTS RR day.

Thanks again
Simon

Vipa 15 February 2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong
Morning Alyn et al.

What time you pickin the new motor up Richie?

paul