ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I wish the ground would swallow me up (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/389434-i-wish-the-ground-would-swallow-me-up.html)

Alas 22 December 2004 09:20 PM

I wish the ground would swallow me up

Standing outside the supermarket tonight waiting for the wife. Dog standing quietly beside me. A woman came out and met someone she knew and started talking. I'm not really paying attention just all of a sudden hear the woman laughing & saying Stop It.
The big git dog has only lifted a baguette out of her shopping bag and started munching.:eek: My face was the colour of Santa's coat. I offered to pay for it but she would'nt take any money, just stood there laughing as the dog is now lying down finishing off her bread. Thought I'd better get him out of there though as I think she had a raw chicken in her bag and he would have had that next. Suffice to say he was in lots of trouble when I got him back to the car. Was a bit difficult to keep angry though as he's looking at me with big bits of paper hanging out the side of his mouth from her loaf:D
Alas

CooperS 22 December 2004 09:28 PM

Class! hahaha STOP!! THIEF!!

mart360 22 December 2004 09:49 PM

when i was younger i enticed a neighbours labrador to come to the shops with me....

good plan and all was well until we came to the butchers......

the bloody dog shot in grabbed a string of sausages and did a runner!!!

the butcher grabbed me and frogmarched me home where i had to explain to my mum what happened..

she went ballistic, as did the dogs ownners!!

couldnt sit down for days!!

M

Bubba po 22 December 2004 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
when i was younger i enticed a neighbours labrador to come to the shops with me....

the butcher grabbed me and frogmarched me home where i had to explain to my mum what happened..

M

This user currently appearing in this week's "Beano". :D

boxst 22 December 2004 10:02 PM

Hello

That doesn't happen in real life does it? Or are you just really old and it's some 1920's thing?

Steve.

Bubba po 22 December 2004 10:04 PM

My thoughts exactly, boxst. :)

andrewdelvard 22 December 2004 10:05 PM

M

I'm sure I read that in The Beano. You been on the ale? :D

andrewdelvard 22 December 2004 10:09 PM

Yeah alright Bubba po, I read your enlarged edit. Sorry I missed it the first time, but at least we thought the same. :D

Bubba po 22 December 2004 10:17 PM

LOL. ;)

He's gone mysteriously quiet... perhap's Dad's slippering him as we speak. Or he might be eating a massive pie with cow-horns coming out of the top. :D:D

andrewdelvard 22 December 2004 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
LOL. ;)

He's gone mysteriously quiet... perhap's Dad's slippering him as we speak. Or he might be eating a massive pie with cow-horns coming out of the top. :D:D

FLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mart360 22 December 2004 10:41 PM

nope just been watching tv...

sorry guys i forgot, you young chavs dont know what a butchers is, occasionally they have there own premises, away from supermarkets.. and pre packaged stuff!! they dont have security gaurds and cctv. just rows and bloody rows of sausages, beef joints and other stuff

and when your 10, going to the shops with a big dog was well cool (specially if you didnt have one!!)

and yes the bloody thing took the sausages,, i lost my pocket money to pay for them, and got a right whack from the parents!!!.

mart

andrewdelvard 22 December 2004 10:45 PM

Yeah alright Dennis, what became of Gnasher? :D

Bubba po 22 December 2004 10:46 PM

Young Chav?

HOW DARE YOU?!!

I'm a middle class 42 year old!! :D

darlodge 22 December 2004 10:48 PM

Local butchers wipe the floor over supermarket packed meat's!!

Our local butcher is cheaper as well :D and he gives us loads of the off cuts and bones for the dog ;)

Darren

mart360 22 December 2004 10:48 PM

Young Chav?

HOW DARE YOU?!!

I'm a middle class 42 year old!! :D

victor bloody meldrew more like ;);) :D

Mart

Bubba po 22 December 2004 10:55 PM

Artist's reconstruction of mart360's prepubescent recollections... :D

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/gsw0025l.jpg

Jaybird-UK 22 December 2004 11:00 PM

This user currently appearing in this week's "Beano". :D

PMSL :notworthy

boxst 22 December 2004 11:10 PM

http://www.dogportraits.me.uk/Assets...g_sausages.jpg

mart360 22 December 2004 11:13 PM

close .. but no cigar..

it was a black labrador...

M:D

Bubba po 22 December 2004 11:14 PM

This could run and run, mart.... I hope you have a thick skin... :D

Bubba po 22 December 2004 11:38 PM

Corner. :D

mart360 22 December 2004 11:39 PM

This could run and run, mart.... I hope you have a thick skin... :D

like sausages prehaps
???

:D:D:D

Mart

Chrisgr31 22 December 2004 11:50 PM

We used to have a Gordon Setter, and he was a big dog, but friendly.

He was taking on a couple of shopping trips, all of which were eventful!

My mother decided he should go shopping with her. But has to tie hhim up outside Waitrose. However feels that to ensure he won;t be lonely leaves her shopping with him. Comes out to find the dog rummaging through the shopping bag, and chucking it around with a lady of around 90 rushing round collecting it for her!

On another trip she went to the Greengrocer and the dog was allowed in with her. She paid for her shopping and walked out, looked down at the dog to find he was carrying a cauliflower he had picked up! Shopkeeper refused paymnt for it as he was laughing so much!

Finally a friend took him to Safeways, and tied him up outside. A llittle while later there was a tannoy announcement "Will the owner of the big black dog running around outside please retrieve it" followed immediately by "Will the owner of the big black dog loose in the store please retrieve it" at which point the dog appeared at her side, wagging his tail furiously and looking very pleased with himself.

This was the same dog that I took to the vet for some jabs. Like most dogs he didn;t like the vet, so I dragged him in, and he sat whimpering whilst we waited for his turn. We were called, so I drag him into the surgery. He had all for legs locked and slide across the plastic floor. However he suddenly noticed that there was an open door the other side of the surgery, and the acceleration he showed would have done a scooby proud! The lead was oulled out my hand, and I went after him, to find him by the car, again very pleased with his efforts!

daiscooby 23 December 2004 08:56 AM

I know a bloke in Germany who's Golden Retriever got a serious bumming off a homo Alsatian. :D:D

But he dosn't like me to mention it :D

Senior_AP 23 December 2004 09:02 AM

lol. Quality.

You wouldn't find a cat doing that!!! ;)

lightning101 23 December 2004 09:12 AM

http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/g...ano/prodm1.gif

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 December 2004 11:47 AM

Top stories! I miss having dogs so much - live in an ickle flat so can only have a cat for now (but don't tell ajm!) :D