ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   when does your scoob pop and bang? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/389433-when-does-your-scoob-pop-and-bang.html)

gravelexpress 22 December 2004 09:17 PM

when does your scoob pop and bang?

have had the full decat system on for about a month now. also apexi cone and a forge dv. Strange how you cant seem to make those exhaust pops - they seem to be random.

mine is making several sounds a pop (as in a champagne cork sound) a bang like a small firecracker and sometimes a whoosh pop sound which might be the odd flame??

seems if i run it at a constant 3k rpm in third and then quickly downshift on the vacuum its more likely to let a pop out. wish I could record the sound

rooferman 22 December 2004 09:31 PM

I get bangs/pops on lift off.......dont get flames but more of a flash according to those who have followed me!

jasonius 22 December 2004 09:36 PM

As far as I know it should happen on partial lift-off (as mentioned already) due to ecu overfuelling and unburnt fuel getting into exhust..?

scarey 22 December 2004 09:44 PM

mine never pops

but it's banged in the FOUR times someone has manged to drive into me!!

so far the highest speed during the bang is 2mph!!

did i miss the point?? :Whatever_

StickyMicky 22 December 2004 09:44 PM

mine is around 3500 rpm lift off in any gear that can cause a touch of boost

i have a uprated recirc dump valve fitted with a stronger spring preasure
97 wrx with full 3" revolution system and open neck downpipe

ive noticed that mine seams to be popping a lot more then it used to now (or have i perfected the art of making it pop when i want it to lol)

Richard Askew 22 December 2004 09:52 PM

Mine pops and bangs when i flick the anti-lag switch forward :D

colex 22 December 2004 09:53 PM

Mine pops on partial lift of especially in 2nd (usually between 3 and 5 pops) but bangs (1 or 2) when lifting of from speed - like approaching a roundabout on a duel carriageway, sometimes followed by pops shortly after if really slowing down.

mark@wrx 22 December 2004 09:55 PM

Mine used to do it all the time, but its not as much with a 3" centre pipe and backbox. Still get it on full boost gearchanges.

StickyMicky 22 December 2004 09:58 PM

ive noticed that mine wont do it at all when running a td04
it likes the vf23 though
we shall see when the new turbo is fitted next year ;)

GrantyBoy 22 December 2004 11:03 PM

all the time in every different situation. From crusing at 70 on the motorway to pottering around town. Once shes warmed up for 10mins or so its bang time. Stops me from getting tailgated :)

rossyboy 23 December 2004 10:18 AM

Mine isn't decatted yet, but nearly every time changing from 2nd to 3rd at 3000rpm I get a nice pop when heated up. Happens with other gear changes, but only at higher revs.

daiscooby 23 December 2004 10:26 AM

When you add the milk :D:D

Oh sorry that's Rice Krispies :rolleyes:

dogpole 23 December 2004 10:31 AM

when i lift off at around 3500 revs, i get pops and bangs all the way down to 2500 revs.

:D

MadMark 23 December 2004 11:35 AM

Never - I'm still running both Persians ....... :D