ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Taken the plunge......!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/389333-taken-the-plunge.html)

WolfPaul 22 December 2004 02:20 PM

Taken the plunge......!!

Hi all, newbie here! After a test drive this morning, couldn't resist it, so I've taken the plunge, ordered a MY05 WRX in Crystal Grey, delivery sometime in January. Haven't plicked up the courage to tell anyone I live with yet, but had to tell someone, so it's you guys!! Can't wait till the new year now!

Paul

misty 22 December 2004 02:26 PM

Well done mate you won't regret it!! Welcome to the forum as well. You'll get a lot of help and advice on here, and as it's your first Scooby you'll need it!!
dave

jowl 22 December 2004 02:30 PM

Congratualtions and Welcome!

Still a newbie myself. By the way, the grin will last a long, long time :)

chris's scooby 22 December 2004 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jowl
Congratualtions and Welcome!

Still a newbie myself. By the way, the grin will last a long, long time :)

I'm on my 2nd car in 2 years and i'm still grining!

Welcome to the site.

T4molie 22 December 2004 03:39 PM

I've been looking at the Crystal Grey... it's a :cool: colour :)

Welcome :D

T5NYW 22 December 2004 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by WolfPaul
Hi all, newbie here! After a test drive this morning, couldn't resist it, so I've taken the plunge, ordered a MY05 WRX in Crystal Grey, delivery sometime in January. Haven't plicked up the courage to tell anyone I live with yet, but had to tell someone, so it's you guys!! Can't wait till the new year now!

Paul

Welcome to the "I'll never spend anymore money" on the Car club and the Exhaust sounds loud enough ;)

PPP next then :D

Tony

WolfPaul 22 December 2004 05:23 PM

Thanks for the messages of support folks. The time's dragging already - is it really still 2004???!!

MadMark 22 December 2004 05:32 PM

The weeks will drag by - I promise ......... ;)

PAULctr 22 December 2004 05:37 PM

congrats to you mate

what deal did you get on your new car

ie partx cash etc?

v8voodoo 22 December 2004 05:41 PM

Congrats Paul,

You won't regret a single minute mate. Got my 03 WRX about a month ago and I fcuking LOVE it. I'm not going to do any mods at all and I'm just going to leave it as it is. I've not been on the ProDrive site at all...... errr..... honest.....

Nige
Dover.

wide 22 December 2004 05:45 PM

Im sure you will enjoy it when the day comes to pick it up :)

barneyrubble 22 December 2004 10:09 PM

Plenty of time to save up for the Optimax tanker full of fuel you'll use in your first few weeks of motoring!

You'll love it

WolfPaul 22 December 2004 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by v8voodoo
Congrats Paul,

You won't regret a single minute mate. Got my 03 WRX about a month ago and I fcuking LOVE it. I'm not going to do any mods at all and I'm just going to leave it as it is. I've not been on the ProDrive site at all...... errr..... honest.....

Nige
Dover.

Nor me...... honest..... :)

Paul

Vipa 24 December 2004 01:03 AM

Me too

Originally Posted by WolfPaul
Hi all, newbie here! After a test drive this morning, couldn't resist it, so I've taken the plunge, ordered a MY05 WRX Paul

Hi Paul

Another Paul here and that makes 2 of us... ordered mine on the 22nd too!!!!! been told 6 to 8 weeks tho! MY05 WRX in silver. Getting it through Virgin cars, EU import but UK car and saved a small fortune (probably spend it on optimax!)

I'm not looking at the calender and I'm not thinking about it......... at all...... erm..... honest.... you didn't see me here........

really upset the local Scooby dealer.... went down to see if he could get anywhere even remotely close to the Virgin price (which he couldn't) so i said thanks and proceeded to sit in the showroom WRX for 2 hours and 2 complimentary cups of coffee before saying "see ya then I'd better get home and order my car!" Hopefully won't see said salesman when I take Shaggy (that's his new name!) in for his first service.

Paul

P.S. remember.... we didn't have this conversation..... not until I at least have a confirmed delivery date !!!!! :)

Bartop 24 December 2004 09:28 AM

Had my 05 WRX (crystal grey too - good choice) for a couple of weeks. Really pleased with it - had the 18" Anthracite OZ Prodrive alloys fitted from new and will get PPP on the first service. Pics in the gallery if you want to have a look and make sure you post yours when you get it :)

btw the wait for the car might seem like hell but it's nothing compared to the frustration of having to keep it under 4k for the first 1000 miles ;)
Enjoy !

pauld37 24 December 2004 09:37 AM

Welcome mate, enjoy, hope the time flies by :)