ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   C# Development opportunity in the Borders (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/388829-c-development-opportunity-in-the-borders.html)

MarkO 20 December 2004 01:04 PM

C# Development opportunity in the Borders

We're recruiting at my company, and need at least 2, possibly more, good web/C# developers. It's in the Scottish Borders, lovely location, interesting and techy work.

If there's any decent developers out there, PM or email me with a CV and I'll pass 'em onto my director. :)

scoobyjimbo 20 December 2004 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by MarkO
We're recruiting at my company, and need at least 2, possibly more, good web/C# developers. It's in the Scottish Borders, lovely location, interesting and techy work.

If there's any decent developers out there, PM or email me with a CV and I'll pass 'em onto my director. :)

I hope you have more luck recruiting C# guys than I have had.. There are quite a few opportunities for these guys at present and the competition for an employer to get hold of good guys with this skill set is tough.. hope you get some good guys anyway.. we ended up paying the earth...

J

SCOSaltire 20 December 2004 07:22 PM

funny thing - people wanintg c# over vb.net
i have done vb.net - tho half the time im looking at c# code on examples of how to do things. yes, its a different language - but the ideas are the same with vb.net
wonder why a perimium is paid for what is really .net development, period.

i.e. i wish i got more money doing what i do ;)

imlach 20 December 2004 09:12 PM

Any decent developer worth his salt shouldn't take long to get up to speed with C# anyway.

PS If you need any C# test & verification, drop me a line. We can provide these services.

SCOSaltire 20 December 2004 09:44 PM

can u tell i typed that reply whilst fending off the cat? ;)

agree with imlach

MarkO 21 December 2004 08:07 AM

Well I got the job, despite having never seen a line of C# code in my life. Anyone half-decent developer who knows C++ can pick up C# in about 10 minutes. And as for the ASP.Net and .Net framework, well, it's just a question of using the help system to learn the classes. :)

MarkO 21 December 2004 08:09 AM

Oh, and Jimbo, bearing in mind your location, it's not surprising you're paying the earth. I wouldn't want to work in Wales even if the job was a condom tester for Playboy with a 360 Modena as a company car and a 500k salary. ;) :p

Nevetas 21 December 2004 10:25 AM

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Jay_bee 21 December 2004 12:12 PM

If you dont have any joy, speak to jonathan@northstar-recruitment.com
he will be able to help, mention that you've spoken to Jeff Blakemore and that you want a good deal ;)

J :)

MarkO 21 December 2004 12:35 PM

Thanks, but we're okay recruitment-wise. Just thought I'd put the heads-up for anyone on SN who might need/want a job. :)

Jay_bee 21 December 2004 12:40 PM

Thanks, but we're okay recruitment-wise. Just thought I'd put the heads-up for anyone on SN who might need/want a job. :)

:cool: