ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anyone use nos in there scoob? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/388619-anyone-use-nos-in-there-scoob.html)

bluep 19 December 2004 02:19 PM

Anyone use nos in there scoob?

As above i am thinking of fitting a kit to my type r has anyone tried it? :idea:

andypugh2000 19 December 2004 02:28 PM

A chap who used to come to our surrey meets ran NOS for while but in the end he took it off due to the gearbox not being able to handle it, if it was my choice I wouldnt fit the stuff.

andy ;)

doug2507 19 December 2004 02:44 PM

Was speaking to Andy Forrest the other day. He ran a 50bhp shot of nos in his 1/4mile car but that was with a dog box.

SCOOBY 786 19 December 2004 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by doug2507
Was speaking to Andy Forrest the other day. He ran a 50bhp shot of nos in his 1/4mile car but that was with a dog box.

I ahve been told by a couple off tuning companies to keep away from nos due to the fact the gearbox cant it....

scoobyboy1 19 December 2004 03:18 PM

Dont think id fit it unless I had forged pistons, uprated rods etc, and a stronger gearbox, unless your 100% that your engine and gearbox could take it then fit it.

Jamesemt 19 December 2004 03:22 PM

Why not use it as anti-lag??

bluep 19 December 2004 03:23 PM

Glad i asked starting to go of idea :Whatever_

bigscottyboy 19 December 2004 03:35 PM

I was flirting with the idea of the Nitrous Express N tercooler kit on a front mount intercooler

dpb 19 December 2004 03:42 PM

alright with classic sti an 6-speed box then .:)...............How does the anti -lag thing work..:confused:.................................. ...mine was stickered up for it....................jus in case....:norty:.....................(by last owner)

Sonic Blue Type R 19 December 2004 04:24 PM

Thing is, if you have a type R then they have group N box, so should be able to handle a reasonable increase.

Most other scoobs apart from the 22b, the boxes aren't as strong.

Also one thing that will need upgrading is the clutch, a standard clutch won't last too long.

doppelganger 20 December 2004 06:38 PM

if you have seen this months scooby mag ,the article entitled grave robber,well the scoob at the start of the article has a cold fusion kit fitted.but realy ought to be running a progressive controller with it thats another good reason your boxes blow.

www.tsrdragracers.co.uk the grave robbers

washer 21 December 2004 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic Blue Type R
Thing is, if you have a type R then they have group N box, so should be able to handle a reasonable increase.

Most other scoobs apart from the 22b, the boxes aren't as strong.

Also one thing that will need upgrading is the clutch, a standard clutch won't last too long.

i would not botter scoobys weakest point is you;ve gested it the gear box :nono:

Gutmann pug 21 December 2004 07:48 AM

put some neons on it too???

elgordano 21 December 2004 08:50 AM

ask dannyboy on Scoobycity about his NOS experiment. 450bhp !!

Scooby_Dee 21 December 2004 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by elgordano
ask dannyboy on Scoobycity about his NOS experiment. 450bhp !!

Maybe Dannyboy could tell people how long it lasted too.

Jamesemt 21 December 2004 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by dpb
alright with classic sti an 6-speed box then .:)...............How does the anti -lag thing work..:confused:.................................. ...mine was stickered up for it....................jus in case....:norty:.....................(by last owner)

...could be wrong but you get a shot of nitrous when you go to full throttle - the NOS then fades out when the car comes on boost - say at 3,500 rpm or something??