ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wimen at the gym (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/388391-wimen-at-the-gym.html)

McCrash 18 December 2004 10:29 AM

Wimen at the gym

Rant starts - If there is one thing that consistently annoys me, its going to the gym and wanting to use the tread mill (sometimes known as 'running' machines) only to find out I can't - why? Because some middle aged burd (usually very overweight) is 'walking' on it. Yes, 'walking'.Not running, no no, walking.

If you want to walk love, go and have a wander around the block and let me on to the damn machine so I can use it for the the purpose it was designed for. Do they really think that walking for 10 mins on these machines and not expending an ounce of sweat is going to do them any good, grrrrr. Anyway. Rant over.

Feel much better. If it weren't xmas time and the season of goodwill to all men then maybe I'd say something, even if it was just to annoy them. ho ho ho. Rant over.

popeye 18 December 2004 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by McCrash
Rant starts - If there is one thing that consistently annoys me, its going to the gym and wanting to use the tread mill (sometimes known as 'running' machines) only to find out I can't - why? Because some middle aged burd (usually very overweight) is 'walking' on it. Yes, 'walking'.Not running, no no, walking.

If you want to walk love, go and have a wander around the block and let me on to the damn machine so I can use it for the the purpose it was designed for. Do they really think that walking for 10 mins on these machines and not expending an ounce of sweat is going to do them any good, grrrrr. Anyway. Rant over.

Feel much better. If it weren't xmas time and the season of goodwill to all men then maybe I'd say something, even if it was just to annoy them. ho ho ho. Rant over.

Running/walking on a treadmill's easier than running/walking on land. She's got just as much right to it as you I'm afraid.

JackClark 18 December 2004 10:42 AM

Why don't you run to the gym and back.

jonc 18 December 2004 10:44 AM

Can't expect an overweight person to run on the tread mill. Its good that they;re in the gym first place, they gotta start somewhere. Besides if they did run on the tread mill, it'll break in no time!!!

kbsub 18 December 2004 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark
Why don't you run to the gym and back.

:D :D :D :D

Dracoro 18 December 2004 10:54 AM

If you want to walk love, go and have a wander around the block and let me on to the damn machine
The irony escapes you doesn't it :p :D

Sith 18 December 2004 11:02 AM

:lol:

mo,s scoobymonster 18 December 2004 11:03 AM

actually mate to burn fat its better to do brisk walking as that burns fat and not muscle mate. as anybody where as running is cardiovascular and makes you fit but does get rid of muscle as well mate. most bodybuilders when getting close to a compettition walk on the treadmill mate. im sure milo will come and say im right to a effect:D

popeye 18 December 2004 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mo,s scoobymonster
actually mate to burn fat its better to do brisk walking as that burns fat and not muscle mate. as anybody where as running is cardiovascular and makes you fit but does get rid of muscle as well mate. most bodybuilders when getting close to a compettition walk on the treadmill mate. im sure milo will come and say im right to a effect:D

Can't argue with that.

kbsub 18 December 2004 11:08 AM

I heard that too , heavy cardio uses muscle and muscle is what you need to burn calories , use the weights instead of the treadmill , not as many "wimen" on there ;)

Patt@firstime 18 December 2004 11:14 AM

Why don't you do and have a 'wander' round the block :rolleyes:

Whats the difference to her walking on it and you wanting to run on it :confused: AFAIK the machine was designed to be used for both purposes ;)

Spoon 18 December 2004 11:23 AM

Ever thought somebody shouldn't have started a thread? :D:D

kbsub 18 December 2004 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spoon
Ever thought somebody shouldn't have started a thread? :D:D

Damn ........Beat me to it :D

Patt@firstime 18 December 2004 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kbsub
Damn ........Beat me to it :D

Me too :lol:

STI-R/A 18 December 2004 11:44 AM

If she's overweight maybe she CANT run??

JackClark 18 December 2004 12:14 PM

http://www.jankarlsbjerg.com/old/blo...sInAmerica.jpg

Sums it up nicely.

richiewong 18 December 2004 12:18 PM

Nowt wrong with women at the gym;):D:D:D

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=365956

milo 18 December 2004 12:19 PM

yes.. running is more catabolic than walking. additionally running is much much harsher on your joints.

if you want to be a runner - run.

if you just want to lose fat - walk briskly or cycle with moderate intensity.

if you want to get into better cardiovascular condition - cycle more intensely or row.

interval training works for the latter two of course.

another irony of the situation is you want the woman who's burning fat off the treadmill so that you can go on it, sweat all over it, lose a heap of muscle, then complain about bad joints when you're older.

public gyms are just that.. public. if you dont want to share, buy your own equipment and work out at home. thats what i do.

logiclee 18 December 2004 01:39 PM

Join a decent gym then. If they don't have enough equipment for the amount of members then I'd be looking at going somewhere else.Never have any problems at the place I goto.

Cheers
Lee

GC8 18 December 2004 01:40 PM

"Equal Rights for Ugly Wimmin !"

[/Millie Tant]

dpb 18 December 2004 01:44 PM

my gym was 5 min max on each piece............£6/ week i think...........

Jerome 18 December 2004 01:50 PM

If you get that stressed over something so trivial, you are probably better served to get some stress counselling before worrying about your fitness. ;)

McCrash 19 December 2004 09:35 AM

For god sake - get a life you lot....

kbsub 19 December 2004 10:01 AM

Got one ... spend a lot of it on here :D :D :D

andrewdelvard 19 December 2004 10:09 AM

Unfortunately your rant has been judged and you have been found guilty of being a complete ass. It's that simple. Please leave the building. A change in user name is advised.

scoob_babe 19 December 2004 10:25 AM

er, why don't you for a run elsewhere ??? Plenty of footpaths which are free. No doubt you'd complain about people in your way there too :rolleyes:

I like the 'get a life comment', you canvass opinion and then don't like the comments back. Go for a run and calm down!

Richard Askew 19 December 2004 01:27 PM

If there is one thing that consistently annoys me, its going to the gym
..aint you got pubs round your way then? :D

ozzy 19 December 2004 02:14 PM

LOL @ you lot. Easily wound up and just as easy to give someone dogs abuse after they have a slight moan :D

I use the Treadmill and find it funny to be battering along at 10mph while some old dear beside me is walking at 3mph. We're both doing what we need to do and I'll just be glad if I reach her age :)

Can't say I've lost loads of muscle running. Maybe at a high level (I agree there's more meat on a chipolata that your average professional runner) or if I was a 17-stone bodybuilder. Depends what you want really; I'm for all-round fitness and don't want ot be some lumbering oak tree or a racing snake that needs help opening his packet of pasta shells :D

Stefan