ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   20MPH National Speed Limit!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/388313-20mph-national-speed-limit.html)

pslewis 17 December 2004 09:13 PM

20MPH National Speed Limit!!

Well, not quite National - but, listen to this:-

I work on a Nuclear Registered Site and one of the conditions of approval to operate is a site wide 20MPH Speed Limit ........ failure to conform could result in being sacked!

The opposition to the limit was huge and vocal, there are long, long straight, wide, wide roads throughout the site (an old airbase, the roads are the old runways!)

Now, everyone drives at 20 and guess what??

Its an absolute pleasure - you can cross the road without worry, pull out of side turnings without trying to judge the speed of the advancing car, no stress, no hassle, no road rage! Just courtesy and peace!

The town surrounding the site now has a perculiar lower average speed - 30 seems fast when you have just driven 5 miles at 20!!

Now, if 20MPH was made National we would ALL benefit .......... ok, 20 is daft - but a National Limit of 45MPH isn't!

Just think, peace to all men ................ and women, of course!

Pete

Ian_S 17 December 2004 09:15 PM

will your electric wheelchair do 20?

Neil Smalley 17 December 2004 09:16 PM

Please do not feed the pretend nuclear trolls

pslewis 17 December 2004 09:17 PM

This is hardly trolling - its a serious debate on a serious topic!

All of the above is true ................ why is someone a troll just because they don't hold the same views as you?!

Pete

Vegescoob 17 December 2004 09:32 PM

HEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Have I gone through the looking glass into pslewis's wonderland!!

What are you on?

pslewis 17 December 2004 09:38 PM

Not on NOWT - just want peace on earth and no speed to all men!

Pete

paulr 17 December 2004 09:40 PM

**Talking Bollox alert**
**Talking Bollox alert**
**TalkingBollox alert**

pslewis 17 December 2004 09:43 PM

When I post a serious topic, with first hand observations I get slated :rolleyes:

Pete

Vegescoob 17 December 2004 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Not on NOWT - just want peace on earth and no speed to all men!

Pete

Double negative there. Deliberate?

hades 17 December 2004 09:55 PM

In true "double negative" style - ain't no such thing as a "Nuclear Registered Site". :p Anyone who actually works on one would know the correct name. ;)

mart360 17 December 2004 10:10 PM

pete...

its the season of goodwill , peace on earth

do us a favour,,,

p*ss off ;) with your soapbox and stand in the fast lane of the M25

then we may all have somthing to celebrate this christmas!!!!! ;););)

new years resolution...

forgive me lord, it was a moment of weakness... fools should be suffered!!!

LOL

Mart

Ray_li 17 December 2004 10:12 PM

old air base.
you must have floored the scooby at work onve or twice. What kinds of speeds have you got since it all private roads?

Ray

pslewis 17 December 2004 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by hades
In true "double negative" style - ain't no such thing as a "Nuclear Registered Site". :p Anyone who actually works on one would know the correct name. ;)

OK, does NI Licensed site sound better to you, oh wise one! :rolleyes:

Pete

pslewis 17 December 2004 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li
old air base.
you must have floored the scooby at work onve or twice. What kinds of speeds have you got since it all private roads?

Ray

As you know, I wouldn't speed ....... its really dangerous!

Pete

pslewis 17 December 2004 10:38 PM

http://www.awe.co.uk/Images/LCM30_tcm6-2025.pdf

Top of page 10

Pete

Ray_li 17 December 2004 10:38 PM

As you know, I wouldn't speed ....... its really dangerous!

Pete

Boringgggg

Let me take yu for a spin some time

dpb 17 December 2004 10:43 PM

120 ...:thumb:...........pete, your starting to make sense at last...;)

:Whatever_

pslewis 17 December 2004 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li
Boringgggg

Let me take yu for a spin some time

On what, exactly? Your Moped?????

:D Pete :D

stevebt 17 December 2004 10:48 PM

When I post a serious topic, with first hand observations I get slated :rolleyes:

Pete

if you werent gonna be sacked would you still drive at 20mph ;) the thread of a speeding fine doesnt stop speeding, utopia isnt that far away :)

pslewis 17 December 2004 10:50 PM

All I'm saying is, Its a REAL pleasure driving at 20MPH with everyone else, everything is calm, collected and peaceful!

Pete

stevebt 17 December 2004 10:54 PM

All I'm saying is, Its a REAL pleasure driving at 20MPH with everyone else, everything is calm, collected and peaceful!

Pete

i drive thru lots of 20mph zones i speed abit :eek: i do 25mph but on junctions where i should be able to pull out safely at 20mph , i get cars speeding down and tailgating becaus eyou pulled out of a junction expecting them to be at 20mph but in reality they were doing 40mph :eek: your threat of the sack is a major issue :)

Midlife...... 18 December 2004 12:01 AM

I guess you work on "Crown Property" where they can't actually prosecute you for anything (incl speeding) , and you don't need to have a licence to recieve radio transmisions (anybody remember having to have a licence for a radio).

Oh ! I think you can also have a telly in your office without paying the licence fee !!

Neil Smalley 18 December 2004 12:07 AM

Hey,
I've been to that site . Pete do you drive the bus that takes the visitors from the car park to one of the many 100's of buildings on site? Or maybe you've earned the highest privilege of a yellow badge?

Buckrogers 18 December 2004 12:37 AM

I work on a Nuclear Registered Site and one of the conditions of approval to operate is a site wide 20MPH Speed Limit ........ failure to conform could result in being sacked!

The opposition to the limit was huge and vocal, there are long, long straight, wide, wide roads throughout the site (an old airbase, the roads are the old runways!)

Its an absolute pleasure - you can cross the road without worry, pull out of side turnings without trying to judge the speed of the advancing car, no stress, no hassle, no road rage! Just courtesy and peace!

The town surrounding the site now has a perculiar lower average speed - 30 seems fast when you have just driven 5 miles at 20!!

Now, if 20MPH was made National we would ALL benefit .......... ok, 20 is daft - but a National Limit of 45MPH isn't!

Pete

uck off you old delinquent fart :D

GC8 18 December 2004 01:35 AM

Pete

http://141.157.157.99/Gary/Troll.jpg

andrewdelvard 18 December 2004 08:32 AM

So he works for MI5, The SAS, and designs Nukes as well as trolling on this forum. Oh and he's a school governor and last but by no means least lives in a nursing home.
Have I missed anything? :D

Dazza01 18 December 2004 08:46 AM

Pete

Do you mean to say that you have ACTUALLY posted a thread about a serious topic :eek: :eek:

pslewis 18 December 2004 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
So he works for MI5, The SAS, and designs Nukes as well as trolling on this forum. Oh and he's a school governor and last but by no means least lives in a nursing home.
Have I missed anything? :D

That will be CHAIRMAN of Governors to you!! ...... teach!!

How can I work in the SAS these days, you muppet :rolleyes:

Oh, yes, a Troll is someone who has the courage to stand by his/her beliefs despite the sheep bleeting around them .............. bahhhhhhh, bahhhhhh

Pete

johnskelley 18 December 2004 12:09 PM

If I drive at twenty, eat all the right foods,take regular safe excercise and always use a condom, I might live forever. Not sure I'd want to though.

r32 18 December 2004 12:10 PM

I still wonder why we get people advocating 20 mph national speed limits on a Subaru performance car web site, shouldnt this be on a green, go ped or wheel chair owners club site?

Oh I'm sorry I have to go now, I'm at work in two days time, so better set of now then!