ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is this a con or WOT. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/388263-is-this-a-con-or-wot.html)

THOMO 17 December 2004 05:16 PM

Is this a con or WOT.

IM SELLING MY SCOOB IN THE AUTO TRADER (INTERNET ONLY).I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY .CHECK OUT THIS EMAIL.

hello,
i am Pastor jordan,i am interested in purchasing your car for my minstry,
i Saw your advert where you placed it and i think it suit's my requirement's.I would like to buy for the same qoute of £6,500.I live in london but am presently based in the Netherlands.Pls get in touch with me through this email addresss so that we may discuss payment options.Also,attach pics of car.Thanks.
Regards.
pastor jordan.
please i need your immediate reply.

PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE AFRICAN CONS.

mervil 17 December 2004 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by THOMO
PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE AFRICAN CONS.

But it says he's in the Netherlands? :D

RB5SCOTT 17 December 2004 05:23 PM

there's lots of them there too!!!!!!!!

mervil 17 December 2004 05:25 PM

They're a pain in the @r5e, my mate had 3 different guys from S. Africa emailing him for 3 weeks!

Pastor 17 December 2004 05:46 PM

Pastor Jordan isn't one of the good Pastors- avoid.

Harry_Boy 17 December 2004 05:49 PM

Pastor Jordan...?? What sort of ministry does he run then...??:D

Thought the clergy only drove mini metros...

Carl2 17 December 2004 05:56 PM

When he offers to send you a cheque for more than the amount, say OK as long as he sends you cash:p

PS yes it's a con

zoton 17 December 2004 06:00 PM

How sad am I but I think I'd happy waste this charmers time until I got bored :)

Danny B 17 December 2004 06:48 PM

This bloke has some good tips
http://www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/temp/scammers.html

MattN 17 December 2004 07:03 PM

In a twist to this, my mate got a similar thing from someone in Africa or such.

Answered very abruptly and said bankers draft only - to his horror they agreed and he got a genuine bankers draft through.

GREGGYG 17 December 2004 07:03 PM

Big time con brother. Tell him where to go.

Abdabz 17 December 2004 07:08 PM

If he was a rasta and a master of the Pastors then he would be Master Rasta Pastor Jordan :)
Taking this into account it would appear to be a blag...But like zoton said - I'd just play with the fella and waste some of his time :D

Alas 17 December 2004 09:29 PM

Wonder if Pastor Jordan may not be a man and may have massive jugs:D

THOMO 17 December 2004 10:11 PM

I Can imagine him mailing me tomorrow to say. My mate bishop Desmond Tutu has got one and i need to compete with him. :):):)

Johnny sti 17 December 2004 10:22 PM

I was selling my mates mobile on ebay for £125 and some African bloke said he would buy if off him for £450 as his daughter in Africa really liked this phone and she really wanted it!! All he needed was my mates bank details!! I THINK NOT. Why do they bother.
I emailed him to tell him where to send the cheque and guess what, he never replied!!

funky_monk_flying 17 December 2004 11:28 PM

deffo scam

check these dudes out www.419eater.com

they may be interested in taking him off your hands and playing with him (basically dragging it out and wasting his time to stop him scamming anyone else)

Alas 18 December 2004 02:55 AM

That 419 website has had me up half the night reading it. The guy is a class act. I've been ROFLMAO at some of the things he says in his letters
eg His secretary Miss Krispe Minge:D
The guy is class.
Alas

THOMO 18 December 2004 09:15 AM

yes indeed a very good read :)

wwp8 18 December 2004 09:37 AM

send him a picture of a really bad written off car

i can imagine saying yes i like the look of the car.

then tell him you only deal with cash :D

THOMO 18 December 2004 03:30 PM

i sent him email to say thanks for your interest.how would you like to make arrangements.And what is your phone number or address.THE REPLY IS BELOW

I have a client over there in the Uk who owes me money which i would like to use to purchase this car.Only problem is that sum owed me is more than price of your car.
Please,could you deduct price of car from sum ?and send the difference to my shipping agent who will be on standby to come and do the pick up on my behalf.I will wait till draft clears your bank before i instruct my agent to come and do the pick up.Pls bear with me as i would not like to miss out on this great buy.I will need your assent in this matter so if you please,Let me have your
full name............................................
address........................................... .................
telephone number............................................ .................so that i could have my client draw out draft in your name and also send it
immediately.Thanks.
Regards,
Pastor jordan.
P.S:Actual amount owed me by my client is £12,000
please i need your immediate reply

AS YOU CAN SEE HE REFUSES TO GIVE ANY DETAILS OF HIS SELF :mad:

richir rich 18 December 2004 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Danny B

sooooooooooooooo funny had me pi@@ing my self for hours reading this page!!!:notworthy