ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cricket (Friday afternoon blues) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/388197-cricket-friday-afternoon-blues.html)

Milamber 17 December 2004 12:15 PM

Cricket (Friday afternoon blues)

Is cricket the only sport you need a calculator to understand?

stevem2k 17 December 2004 01:02 PM

Ever watched baseball ?

beemerboy 17 December 2004 01:05 PM

Ever watched baseball
not with my eyes open...

Cricket One-dayers are great!

Flatcapdriver 17 December 2004 01:13 PM

The current England team has woken me up a bit given their entertaining way of playing combined with the fact that they can actually win some big matches.

Fingers crossed for the Ashes next year.

SiPie 17 December 2004 01:16 PM

Cricket :cuckoo:

Graz 17 December 2004 02:08 PM

You've got to appreciate a game that takes five days to play and when spectaing it involves chatting with your mates, drinking copious amounts of beer, and scoffing loads of food :D

Half the time I come back from a game and struggle to remember what actually happend on the field :D

Shame its all going to be on Sky Sports only as of 2006 :mad:

stevem2k 17 December 2004 02:11 PM

and no online audio this winter !

have to do some strategic "w*rking from home" days .....

imi 17 December 2004 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber
Is cricket the only sport you need a calculator to understand?

I didnt get that.....why do you need a calculator again....surely you knew that the scorers were keeping score or did you want to check up on them?

one -day cricket is a spectator sport for joe public.

test matches tend to be more for the die hard fan, certainly if you were turning up for the FIVE DAYS - LOL

These days, test matches tend to be over in 3 to 4 days so you do get a lot of exciting cricket from the best players in the world for a bargain price.

The coverage of cricket in this country is non-existent, no wonder the game isnt that popular like some other overhyped and overpaid sports

Chip 17 December 2004 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by imi
exciting cricket

:eek:

Chip

imi 17 December 2004 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
:eek:

Chip

Dont fall off the chair cause I dont want my tax money to pay for your NHS treatment.

Personally I think Cricket is a lot more exciting than golf, darts, snooker, athletics.....but I am sure other people will have different opinions

SO CROSS THE BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT

Milamber 17 December 2004 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by imi
I didnt get that.....why do you need a calculator again....surely you knew that the scorers were keeping score or did you want to check up on them?

Actually, i was checking out the run rate. Sorry but i use a calculator to help me out with that. The score is reasonably obvious what with it being written on the top right hand corner of the screen LOL.

It's probably the finer points that I was referring to. I am a huge fan of cricket, but 20/20 just seems to cater for the oiks in my opinion.