ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just how bad a film is 'Fast & Furious'? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/388100-just-how-bad-a-film-is-fast-and-furious.html)

Les Behan 16 December 2004 09:00 PM

Just how bad a film is 'Fast & Furious'?

Saw it last night for the first time :o

davyboy 16 December 2004 09:03 PM

It must rate as one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Utter, utter shlt!

WRXPete 16 December 2004 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Les Behan
Saw it last night for the first time :o

If you take it for what it is....pretend hooning the likes of which we all wish we could have a go at some time, combined with 90mins of mindless entertainment with a beer in hand....then you have to love it...and way better than the sequel!!! Plus the bird the copper gets to shag is lush:D:D

Dazza01 16 December 2004 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by WRXPete
Plus the bird the copper gets to shag is lush:D:D

That sir i can agree with :D:D:D:D

Petem95 16 December 2004 09:08 PM

Surely Impreza turbo owners are pretty much the target audience? So I expect lots of 'loved it' votes in the poll!

BOB.T 16 December 2004 09:10 PM

It's utter sh*te:p What's sort of management system tells you about faults with your inlet manifold and just how many gears do they have, also, matey's car blows up and he loses the race yet it seems fine when he's getting away from the feds:rolleyes:

Said bint is nice though:D

Daz34 16 December 2004 09:15 PM

From what I remember it involved terribly exciting racing in a straight line where two cars would be neck & neck until someone pressed the big NOS button, repeated till the credits http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-015.gif

Pbr 16 December 2004 09:17 PM

Utter, utter crap. I saw it for the first time last night too. Cheesy acting and hideous barried-up cars.

jonc 16 December 2004 09:19 PM

That film had the longest "1/4 mile" strips!! with races lasting at least a minute despite all the NOS, whinning turbos and whooshing of DVs.

LG John 16 December 2004 09:20 PM

Its based around 10s cars so when the lined up in the first main race I counted 10s from when they left the line. At the point when the cars should have been doing in the region of 155mph in 5th gear they were STILL in 1st gear! My old 1.3 polo would eat first gear quicker than that.

If the film was even within a lightyear of being realistic then it might be ok but these 600bhp 'monsters' were 1/4ering in around 35s which I could beat on a push bike and Ben Johnston would have a good stab at :rolleyes:

Jay m A 16 December 2004 09:41 PM

Star Trek Geeks slate their own films too :D

I thought the film was a typical hollywood version of the US ricer scene. Lets face it, although most of us were warned its a hilariously **** film, we all managed to watch it :p

Suresh 16 December 2004 09:42 PM

Complete pile of poo. :o

StickyMicky 16 December 2004 09:43 PM

the film started a revolution in the uk in modifying circles IMO

you might hate the film, but i bet a load of you have stupid ricer stuff on your scoobs, and you would never have had that stuff stuck on if the "import style" modding never came over

i rember when it was all smooth and debadged *sighs*

Bubba po 16 December 2004 09:48 PM

I taped it to watch later. When I watched later, I saw about ten minutes. I then removed the cassette and burned it. When it was completely burnt, I collected the cinders together and ground them up in a mortar and pestle. I mixed the resultant powder into five cubic metres of concrete which was then cast into a cube and dropped into the Marianas trench.

Jay m A 16 December 2004 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
the film started a revolution in the uk in modifying circles IMO

Perhaps, but I bet nobody left the cinema thinking "Right, I'm going to rice up a VW Vento" or whatever it was :D:D:D:D I PMSL when that thing made its entry :D:D:D:D

StickyMicky 16 December 2004 09:50 PM

errr i bet they did!

BOB.T 16 December 2004 09:51 PM

So Bubba, you didn't like it then?:D

16vmarc 16 December 2004 09:51 PM

The Eclipse was pretty cool, but green :eek:

Bubba po 16 December 2004 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by BOB.T
So Bubba, you didn't like it then?:D

:D

gsm1 16 December 2004 09:59 PM

I was having a road race just the other day, pulled out my laptop on the passenger seat to adjust the engine settings (as you do) and went straight into a tree.

JWB 16 December 2004 10:01 PM

ROFLOL @ gsm1

Bubba po 16 December 2004 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by gsm1
I was having a road race just the other day, pulled out my laptop on the passenger seat to adjust the engine settings (as you do) and went straight into a tree.

As you would.

Vin Diesel's such a Mong, anall. :D

16vmarc 16 December 2004 10:04 PM

Brilliant!!!

:D

tiggers 16 December 2004 11:01 PM

I thought it was about as bad as films could get and then along came '2 Fast 2 Furious' to prove me wrong :D

tiggers.

NotoriousREV 16 December 2004 11:04 PM

I pulled out my laptop the other day and it said "your problems are manifold"

Funsize Mars bar for anyone who finds that remotely amusing

ALi-B 16 December 2004 11:05 PM

If you thought the 1st one was crap....watch the 2nd one....it is probably the worst film I have ever seen

Good effects, and nice cars though :)

What made me laugh (on the sequel) was when the wrold goes all wierd and blurry as soon as sombody hits the NOS button.....Must be a leak somewhere ;) :D

5 gearshifts in an EVO + NOS and we've just about reached 80mph, wooo, now that's motoring ;)

Les Behan 16 December 2004 11:10 PM

What did it for me was the scene where the new kid on the block in his green machine races the missing link and as his car approaches warp speed, all the rivets pop out of the passenger footwell and the floorpan, constructed from that mega thick industrial grade steel sheet, peels away like a manhole cover.

03-CTR 17 December 2004 12:51 AM

both films were top quality viewing i thought

whats wrong with 400bhp+ cars struggling to get away from regular police cars and evos with 20 speed gearboxes ??

oh and there was eva mendes to look at all the way thro 2 fast :norty:

http://www.jlove.us/evagq13.jpg

mike_cf5 17 December 2004 02:28 AM

the films are crap yes - but i hate them far more for what they have done to society today... i cant go anywhere these days without seeing chavved up cars in the most pathetic state, the KrOoZ scene grew tenfold thanks to this film - and for this i detest it with a passion

jonc 17 December 2004 07:59 AM

It cracks me where near the end, where Vin "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" Diesel in his big supercharged 1000bhp american muscle getaway car trys to avoid capture then stops for a red light on an empty road. How considerate.