ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What happened to radio 1 'chappers'??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/387545-what-happened-to-radio-1-chappers.html)

madenglishman 14 December 2004 08:23 PM

What happened to radio 1 'chappers'???

Anyone know why he is off the air ?

Dan

Tiggs 14 December 2004 08:24 PM

sacked after xmas party

mj 14 December 2004 08:25 PM

for what? - chappers was ok, maybe he wasn't a big enough d1ckhead for R1 ?

Jap2Scrap 14 December 2004 08:28 PM

He wasn't sacked was he? I thought this time off was prearranged because last week Scott Mills was on about Cilla being on instead yesterday.

I'm guessing it's something personal though cos Mills isn't allowed to talk about it.

Then again, I know sod all.

Lord Of The Bling... 14 December 2004 08:40 PM

good riddence,

lets hope "comedy" dave is next,

just another wanna be whoose voice grates on me!

Petem95 14 December 2004 08:48 PM

I'd be interested to hear what he was sacked for?

Knowing the BBC he probably make the mistake of playing a prank on someone at the Christmas party (or should that be 'festive season party?') and broke some health and safety rule [section 214.b - pranks causing people to laugh are banned incase people choke on their tongues whilst laughing]

Jap2Scrap 14 December 2004 09:03 PM

"The story is Chappers is fired, "following an incident at the Radio 1 Staff Party", so will be replaced with Cilla in Monday.

He actually went on holiday after the staff party. The firing thing came about after Scotts and Cillas new TV show was announced."

From the Chris Moyles website.. After some searching to answer the question cos I'm bored :D

davegtt 14 December 2004 09:06 PM

I was listening to the radio earlier and moylesy had said that scott mills should say why chappers aint around and millsy replied its not really for him to say but what he did say was its something that happened at the christmas do and Jo Whiley was the person most offended by what happened and said if anyone should mention it on air its for Jo to say so MAYBE listening to Jo 2moz might reveal what happened.

either way Im glad to see the back of the glory supporting prat....

madenglishman 14 December 2004 09:07 PM

I wonder why R1 won't let on.....hhhhmmmmmmm

decoma 14 December 2004 09:10 PM

who cares - he wasn't that great anyway

mj 14 December 2004 09:11 PM

did anyone hear that bird call in yesterday to scott mills?

she was complaining that one of the woemen from R1 had called her a slag, SM seriousley played it down.

skiddus_markus 14 December 2004 09:18 PM

I think Chappers and Comedy Dave work well together.I much prefer them to that gob****e Moyles.

davegtt 15 December 2004 10:07 AM

some more info on this, Jo Whiley has just mentioned it had something to do with a photo copier and something else, she said think along the lines of Mr Hanky and the Christmas poo from southpark.... I darnt even think what he got up too :eek: Scott mills might let the rest out later :)

Silvafox 15 December 2004 10:26 AM

Its all pantomine just to get the ratings up. It'll all be legit, if it was a sacking or anything like that they definately wouldn't go on about it like that. He'll be on holiday or something similar.

Senior_AP 15 December 2004 10:29 AM

Chappers used to be on the breakfast show with Sara Cox didn't he.

He always sounds bunged up.

davegtt 15 December 2004 10:34 AM

yeah thats the 1 S_AP a proper prize tw@t, thinks he knows everything football yet he'd be bu99ered without his scripts and news reports... :rolleyes:

Senior_AP 15 December 2004 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
yeah thats the 1 S_AP a proper prize tw@t, thinks he knows everything football yet he'd be bu99ered without his scripts and news reports... :rolleyes:

Everyone on Radio 1 comes across as total twats to me.

They all try too hard to be "cool".

mj 15 December 2004 10:43 AM

apart from westwood of course, he seems a pretty genuine guy :rolleyes:

Senior_AP 15 December 2004 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mj
apart from westwood of course, he seems a pretty genuine guy :rolleyes:

I cannot believe people take him seriously.

ALi-B 15 December 2004 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
Chappers used to be on the breakfast show with Sara Cox didn't he.

He always sounds bunged up.

Yup

Sara Cox - My reason for buying a 20gig Mp3 player to listen to instead of the radio, would the bint ever shut up?? :mad:

Senior_AP 15 December 2004 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Yup

Sara Cox - My reason for buying a 20gig Mp3 player to listen to instead of the radio, would the bint ever shut up?? :mad:

Moyles is the male version.

Proud to be fat ****.

ALi-B 15 December 2004 11:08 AM

I thought he was just big boned ;)

I find it highly odd that Radio 2 is more to my likeing these days :confused:

Patt@firstime 15 December 2004 11:12 AM

I couldn't stand Sara Cox but really like Moyles :)

Sub97 15 December 2004 03:53 PM

I second that Patt!! :)

johnfelstead 15 December 2004 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B

I find it highly odd that Radio 2 is more to my likeing these days :confused:

snap! and i dont think its because i am too much of an old git. :freak3: R1 sucks.

mj 15 December 2004 04:11 PM

from R1 website:

We're very proud to announce that Chappers has been replaced on the show by the First Lady of television, Dame Cilla Black.
After the departure of Chappers following an incident at the Radio 1 Staff Party, Cilla will take over his duties as of Monday.

This will include becoming Queen Of Facts on the Big Fact Hunt as well as delivering the sports news in her own inimitable style.

Scott says, "It's a dream come true to work with someone of Cilla's calibre finally. No offence to Chappers but I think his act had got a bit stale."

"Cilla will bring a new freshness to the show. I think we'll have a lorra lorra laughs!"

cilla - WTF!! - the buck toothed scouse boot - come back chappers, all is forgiven.

CupraT 15 December 2004 04:14 PM

Could you really get sacked for taking a dump on a photocopier??

Richard Askew 15 December 2004 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
snap! and i dont think its because i am too much of an old git. :freak3: R1 sucks.

...oh crap i listen to the same radio station as Felly :( well, apart from when Wogan's on - cant be doing with him :D

Senior_AP 15 December 2004 04:18 PM

So, does anyone know what he actually did. This "incident".

Pbr 15 December 2004 04:24 PM

Someones asking Mills right now...