ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   People that buy "stars" for their girlfriends/wives (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/387397-people-that-buy-stars-for-their-girlfriends-wives.html)

Senior_AP 14 December 2004 11:55 AM

People that buy "stars" for their girlfriends/wives

Does anybody know anybody, or have you bought a "star" for your GF or wife??

Did you get a certificate, with a hologram of authenticity???

OllyK 14 December 2004 11:56 AM

I am her star :D

Senior_AP 14 December 2004 12:01 PM

I knew this ol' boy who bought his missus a "star".

When we all took the piss he got all irate saying he had a certificate with a hologram to prove it and everything

Suffice to say he was a total bell end.

SinghSuperStud 14 December 2004 12:37 PM

Hi mate,

got a star as a novelty thing, realise it doesn't mean sh1t ! :) It's the thought that counts. You do get a certificate and if you use a prefessional body they do enter your name into some central book but the star is never actually yours as you know already.

It was a good gesture and at about £45 quid you can't go wrong :) ...but you'll still need to get some more stuff cuz they're never satisfied are they lokl ? :)

Jai

Senior_AP 14 December 2004 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by impreza_sports_nutter
Hi mate,

got a star as a novelty thing, realise it doesn't mean sh1t ! :) It's the thought that counts. You do get a certificate and if you use a prefessional body they do enter your name into some central book but the star is never actually yours as you know already.

It was a good gesture and at about £45 quid you can't go wrong :) ...but you'll still need to get some more stuff cuz they're never satisfied are they lokl ? :)

Jai

This guy thought it was his and his alone "shutup you twats its got a hologram" lol. He got so very irate about it. We were in tears laughing at him (not the first time we've laughed at his clueless comments).

Me thinks he spent alot on his credit card to pay for it. More than he cares to admit.

Jap2Scrap 14 December 2004 12:57 PM

I don't understand how someone owns it in the first place. NASA or whoever could be selling off the sun of another galaxy. I can imagine the populace of its green planet coming down like a ton of bricks on someone claiming ownership of their sun.

TonyG 14 December 2004 01:03 PM

They're not selling the rights to that star, just naming it in their catalogue, for the 'registration fee'.

Jap2Scrap 14 December 2004 01:03 PM

Ahhh I see...

Alas 14 December 2004 01:09 PM

Cheap getting someone a Star Bar.
At least get her a box of After Eights:D
Alas

OllyK 14 December 2004 01:13 PM

IIRC you can purchase a small amount of the moon. About 1ft sq or something for £30 or so, you get the deeds to the spot.

AvalancheS8 14 December 2004 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
IIRC you can purchase a small amount of the moon. About 1ft sq or something for £30 or so, you get the deeds to the spot.

It's a acre. Got a friend one a couple of years ago for a laugh. The story is that some bloke decided to try staking a claim to the moon, wrote to the goverments of the UK, USA, Russia etc asking if they had any objection or claim and no-one replied contesting his claim, so he has an uncontested claim to it, which he has filed officially with whatever the official body for such things in the US is.

They also sell acre plots on Mars, althoug IIRC on Mars there is a disclaimer in case someone (something ?) already lives there !!

Patently B.S but it raised a smile and you get the deeds and a certificate and a map showing your plot.

mad_dr 14 December 2004 01:38 PM

Yes but these are all a scam! I own the moon you see! You need to give me your money if you want to buy some!

Senior_AP 14 December 2004 02:28 PM

It's gunny, buy a star for £xxx. YOu can't live on it and it probably doesn't even exist anymore!!!!

You old boyz!!!! WoooOOoooOo!!!!

King RA 14 December 2004 02:33 PM

The whole star thing is a scam. There are several companies naming stars so your star can also be 'owned' by other people, also no official body reconises these companies. In essence all you get is a crappy bit of paper and your name in a companies book. Not really worth £40 eh??

Stars are actually given obscure names like D77841 e.t.c in real life.

Senior_AP 14 December 2004 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by King RA
The whole star thing is a scam. There are several companies naming stars so your star can also be 'owned' by other people, also no official body reconises these companies. In essence all you get is a crappy bit of paper and your name in a companies book. Not really worth £40 eh??

.....and the dumb nobber thought he "owned" it. The bloke is a living legend the crap he came out with.

King RA 14 December 2004 03:13 PM

Lol what did he call it?? nobland hehehe :D

SJ_Skyline 14 December 2004 05:09 PM

That's no moon, it's a space station..... :D:lol:

Nimbus 14 December 2004 09:23 PM

Anyone want to buy LV-426? There's no indigenous life....

Vegescoob 14 December 2004 09:37 PM

And out there little green? men (cos men are gullible) are buying bits of this planet.

Spoon 14 December 2004 09:48 PM

Most women love that kind of thing because they are astronauts deep down.

Why else would they keep on asking for fúcking space? :D:D:D

mark_h 14 December 2004 10:16 PM

D77841 is my real name and it only cost me £50 to get that star named after me ;) :D

Fuzz 2 14 December 2004 10:44 PM

You don't think it was :cool: to have something like that bought for me then??
(not that I knew anything about it mind!)

www.ashlyn.plus.com/misc/star.jpg

Nice thought of the person that bought it me. :D

Andy

King RA 14 December 2004 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by mark_h
D77841 is my real name and it only cost me £50 to get that star named after me ;) :D

hehehe :D thats a better way of doing it!!!

Markus 14 December 2004 11:43 PM

Ah the star naming thing. Cute idea, and if you don't take it too seriously, a bit of a laugh.

I've got a swedish friend who has purchsed a plot of land on the moon, knowing him it would not suprise me if he's going to pass it onto his kids and see if they can build something on it :D He's that mad :D

Think I'd rather buy an acre of woodland on this planet we call home, at least you could possibly visit it, or do something with it (burn it, burn it, burn it, kill the trees!)