ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TomTom Navigator 2 Software (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/387390-tomtom-navigator-2-software.html)

Davie 14 December 2004 11:29 AM

TomTom Navigator 2 Software

Hi,

i have managed to get a bluetooth GPS navigation sysytem, but i need the tomtom 2 software.

i have the serial and all, just need the CD.

Any ideas?

OllyK 14 December 2004 11:56 AM

Only have v3

Davie 14 December 2004 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
Only have v3

I only have a v2 activation key.

apples24 14 December 2004 12:34 PM

activation key wont work anyway mate as it issues a device code also wich is unique

the software is available for free and allready cracked if ya do some searching if know what i mean ;)

Davie 14 December 2004 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by apples24
activation key wont work anyway mate as it issues a device code also wich is unique

the software is available for free and allready cracked if ya do some searching if know what i mean ;)

so the software key is mathced to the device code?

apples24 14 December 2004 01:00 PM

somehow yes, quite clever as i tried what your trying to do as i had all the codes once

but instead dloaded a copy and burned it onto cd so now installs without asking for any codes etc nice and easy

OllyK 14 December 2004 01:10 PM

It isn't hard - they just get the ID of some of the internal components of the PDA and create a key from it. Quite a lot of desktop software does something similar with the MAC address from the NIC, it stops people installing it on lots of different kit.

astalavista (not condoning anything here ;) ) has some err handy information about software secuity holes and some people even produce applications to demonstrate the problem ;)

Davie 14 December 2004 01:22 PM

It isn't hard - they just get the ID of some of the internal components of the PDA and create a key from it. Quite a lot of desktop software does something similar with the MAC address from the NIC, it stops people installing it on lots of different kit.

astalavista (not condoning anything here ;) ) has some err handy information about software secuity holes and some people even produce applications to demonstrate the problem ;)

well i don't think i'll have a problem, because i still have all theoriginal gear.

ipaq etc was the one that came with the software, so codes should match.

OllyK 14 December 2004 01:34 PM

I am guessing you have lost / broken your CD then?

In that case try TomTom support, they are usually pretty quick to respond and helpful too.

Davie 14 December 2004 01:45 PM

I am guessing you have lost / broken your CD then?

In that case try TomTom support, they are usually pretty quick to respond and helpful too.

yeh i have faxed over my proof or purchase, but can take 5-10 days