ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dog insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/387272-dog-insurance.html)

jimi 13 December 2004 08:08 PM

Dog insurance

I need to get my dog insured,can anyone recommend a good insurance company please.
He is a 3yr old cross lab/mastiff.
JIM

Diesel 13 December 2004 08:26 PM

Stick £30 a month in a high interest account - these pet policies have more get out clauses than any seasonal joke!

If you dont have to use any you can buy a bigger dog next time ;)

Alas 13 December 2004 08:54 PM

Hi m8
I've got mine with Direct Line £15 a month and he's a French Mastiff. Worth it as he's always getting into bother as he's mental. They have 3 levels of cover.
Alas

Lum 13 December 2004 09:09 PM

How much for fire and theft?
Do they pay out if you dog goes woof?
</COAT>

Jon_Murgie 13 December 2004 09:50 PM

We use Pet Plan and have had superb service... well recommended :)

kbsub 14 December 2004 02:52 AM

ARGOS ............. cheap as chips

Jon_Murgie 14 December 2004 07:41 AM

Worth reading through any terms & conditions before you buy though as many 'cheap' policies will NOT pay out for the same issue more than once in the dogs lifetime... also they often have a limit as to how long they will pay out for any one issue (i.e. if you have to have medication for a number of years it's only covered for the first 12 months)... so have a close read before you decide :)

Diablo 14 December 2004 09:57 AM

More than

Not the cheapest, but excellent service and quick payout.

www.morethan.com

Scoob99 14 December 2004 10:10 AM

Pet Plan, used them all the time Holly was alive(bless her) superb service highly recommond them.
Cheers
Colin

druddle 14 December 2004 01:34 PM

Petplan. They have been great with our 2 cats that were ill and died. Avoid the cheaper ones, there are more exclusions.

Buckrogers 14 December 2004 11:08 PM

Marks and Sparks. Compared loads, better then all the rest in terms of what is covered. (Even better covered then pet plan).

Lucky for me, as "Harvey's" K9 teeth problems are currently on £1,100....:eek2:

Also, told the misses NO EXCESS, paid a little extra, but again worth it.

KiwiGTI 14 December 2004 11:10 PM

Can dogs drive in the UK?

Dan J 14 December 2004 11:57 PM

Another vote for Pet Plan here they've saved us thousands over the years with our mad lab!

jimi 15 December 2004 09:03 PM

Red says thanks a lot guys..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2/1560c0e7.jpg

Scoob99 15 December 2004 09:05 PM

He's a beauty jimi:D

Chris L 15 December 2004 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel
Stick £30 a month in a high interest account - these pet policies have more get out clauses than any seasonal joke!

Directline - £10 a month. The policy has paid out more than £500 in the last 12 months and over £200 before that. In the first 12 months of having the policy I don't think we used it. Well worth having - vet bills for even minor ops can soon run into 100s if not 1000s - much more than your 30 quid a month into a high interest a/c.

Excess is £45 which is not counted for continued treatment. So far, they've only not covered one element of one bill - not bad really. I think it's time you shopped around for a better policy!

Diesel 16 December 2004 02:37 PM

Chris, when you really need a policy the most many will just say 'Bye' - particularly at renewal time... I'm not saying there arent good ones, just didnt have time to suss out all their small print. This is particularly so as the smaller the cost the smaller the small print - is it a covered 'fault' or a non-covered genetic abnormality with that daschund's dislocating shoulder for e.g...

Be interesting to know how many people with Pet ins have BUPA for themselves ;)

D