ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Blitz NUR Spec R - "bung", where from? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/387190-blitz-nur-spec-r-bung-where-from.html)

Molds 13 December 2004 02:56 PM

Blitz NUR Spec R - "bung", where from?

Anyone know where I can get one from seperatetly?

I am thinking of replacing my b/b with a Blitz but have been told you only get the bung with a full system?

Ta

Matt

Midmotorsteve 13 December 2004 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Molds
Anyone know where I can get one from seperatetly?

I am thinking of replacing my b/b with a Blitz but have been told you only get the bung with a full system?

Ta

Matt

My APEXI system came with a bung, I suspect it maybe easier to get one made, they are very simple. All you need is a 10 inch length of narrow pipe 2 inch diameter would probably be about right for the NUR SPEC-R then cut a disc the same internal diameter of the NUR SPEC, cut a hole in the middle of that, slide it over the 2" pipe about 1 cm and weld it. Then cut a strip of metal 3cm wide and long enough to when bent to a circle slip tightly into the end oif the NURspec. then weld this circle to the disc thats welded to your 2" pipe. Slot the whole piece in and drill a single bolt hole to secure it job done, anyone that can weld should knock one up in no time. Thats the sum of the construction of my APEXI one. :D

Molds 13 December 2004 09:44 PM

That sounds superb mate!

But...

I am so good at these things (not) that I don't even change my own air filter! Doh!

Can't figure what harm it would do for Blitz to sell them seperately anyway?

Midmotorsteve 13 December 2004 09:54 PM

That sounds superb mate!

But...

I am so good at these things (not) that I don't even change my own air filter! Doh!

Can't figure what harm it would do for Blitz to sell them seperately anyway?

sure any where like powerflow or hayward and scott, any fabrication place wouldn't charge much :D

scoobyDAZZA 13 December 2004 11:18 PM

or just get a different back-box

Midmotorsteve 13 December 2004 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by dazza1802
or just get a different back-box

thing is the NUR SPEC is def the best exhaust out there, but sometimes you just don't want the noise, a £30 fabrication thats as easy to remove as , well 1 bolt is a much cheaper easier option. :D

Molds 14 December 2004 11:14 AM

Decisions, decisions :D

SirFozzalot 14 December 2004 12:52 PM

Got the Blitz NUR Spec myself......great exhaust!

Anyway, does anyone local to you have the full system?

If you go to a local meet, or ask in the Regional section, you may find someone who can lend you their bung and you can get a copy made then for your own....just an idea! One which I am tempted to do myself! :D

Molds 14 December 2004 01:08 PM

Great idea SirFozz.

Not sure about the local boys though. I'm an unsociable old git, been on the e-list for all the local meets and not made it to a single one!

SirFozzalot 14 December 2004 02:22 PM

Great idea SirFozz.

Not sure about the local boys though. I'm an unsociable old git, been on the e-list for all the local meets and not made it to a single one!

:D

Well maybe its time you made the effort! ;) :D

Molds 14 December 2004 02:47 PM

Probably! I usually go out cycling Sunday mornings/afternoon which is the real reason I miss them.

Tell you what. If you follow through with the plan let me know and perhaps you can get two made? Likewise if I go for the NUR Spec I will get two made. Shouldnt be a prob to sell on if we dont end up needing the second one?

Cheers

Matt

SirFozzalot 14 December 2004 02:54 PM

I know someone down this way who has the full system. I might see if I can borrow his bung and take a look at getting one made.

I will let you know of any outcome if I get round to getting it! :D

Molds 14 December 2004 02:57 PM

OK mate. Keep me posted on what you decide :)

Cheers

Matt

Midlife...... 14 December 2004 11:31 PM

There's one in the general for sale section (well there was the last time I looked at lunctime) today

Jamo 14 December 2004 11:33 PM

just under £50 from scoobyclinic, ive ordered one from them, i thought this was quite reasonable.

james

Midlife...... 14 December 2004 11:35 PM

Here... but I lost track who has it !!

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=341662

Molds 15 December 2004 10:04 AM

j4mou - was that off the shelf, i.e. could I ring up and ask for one?

Thansk Midlife, I'll pursue that :)