ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   02 STI in Charles Hurst (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/387086-02-sti-in-charles-hurst.html)

barrybudden 13 December 2004 08:34 AM

02 STI in Charles Hurst

I saw this car in the Auto Trader on Thursday and went up to see it at Malusk that evening. It was rough, all stone chiped, wheels were kerbed and when I dipped it for oil there wasn't even any on the dip stick.........

The sales man told me it needed a service. So I said no there isn't any oil on the dip stick, he said yea it needs a service.

If your thinking of buying this I wouldn't bother.

urban 13 December 2004 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by barrybudden
I saw this car in the Auto Trader on Thursday and went up to see it at Malusk that evening. It was rough, all stone chiped, wheels were kerbed and when I dipped it for oil there wasn't even any on the dip stick.........

The sales man told me it needed a service. So I said no there isn't any oil on the dip stick, he said yea it needs a service.

If your thinking of buying this I wouldn't bother.

Are you looking for one of these then Barry? or just being nosey ;)

I'm probably selling my own MY02 UK STI early next year - its been looked after though and its got plenty of oil in it too!

Shaun

barrybudden 13 December 2004 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by urban
Are you looking for one of these then Barry? or just being nosey ;)

I'm probably selling my own MY02 UK STI early next year - its been looked after though and its got plenty of oil in it too!

Shaun

Just got one from Maurice Lynn Motors in Doak on Thursday. Will be picking it up just before Christmas.

Who are you insured with and how much is it if you dont mind me asking?
This car has a ppp and most of the insurance companies here dont want to know.

urban 13 December 2004 11:02 AM

Barry,

I'm with Endsleigh - 028 90243779.
Being an oldish fart at 35, fulll no claims. Accident/claim free blah blah blah cost me around £1300 per year. No business use either.
MY02 UK STI(The prodrive version) with PPP.

Now Autoline were mentioned on here a while ago - 08452 30 30 30.
Supposedly pretty good, but don't touch jap imports. I haven't tried them myself yet, but they'll get a call next year.

Shaun

rumpler 13 December 2004 11:46 AM

IMO, I wouldn't touch anything that garage had, even with someones elses money.

A few stories and a few friends experiences (some very recently) are all I need to know.

barrybudden 13 December 2004 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by urban
Barry,

I'm with Endsleigh - 028 90243779.
Being an oldish fart at 35, fulll no claims. Accident/claim free blah blah blah cost me around £1300 per year. No business use either.
MY02 UK STI(The prodrive version) with PPP.

Now Autoline were mentioned on here a while ago - 08452 30 30 30.
Supposedly pretty good, but don't touch jap imports. I haven't tried them myself yet, but they'll get a call next year.

Shaun

I'm 33 no claims/convictions full NCD, live in a quiet area. £3551 from Endsleigh for that car.

Couldn't believe it.

barrybudden 13 December 2004 01:06 PM

Cheepest so far is £1750 from Belview.