ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Free Laser Jammer Testing from Local Plod!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/385992-free-laser-jammer-testing-from-local-plod.html)

FrenchBoy 08 December 2004 03:34 PM

Free Laser Jammer Testing from Local Plod!!!!

Plod have just been round to my work (traffic cop who's a mate of our fleet manager). So I cheekily ask him if he has a laser gun in his car and if he has would he mind testing my garage door opener??
To which he replies "Go on then"!!!!!!!

It worked first time and he didn't get a reading and my alarm went off nice and loud.

He did warn me if I got caught using it they would prob impound my vehicle as evidence and prosecute me for obstructing a police officer in the course of his duty! But also admitted that if they targeted me from a distance and eventually got a reading they wouldn't be suspicious and prob wouldn't give me a tug!!!

But fair play to them for letting me have a free test!!!!!
They even tested one of our other manager's Road Angel laser alert - which also worked but of course didn't jam the signal so they'd still get a reading.

Now thats quality community policing for you!!!!!

:thumb:

awd wrx 08 December 2004 03:49 PM

ahh but secretly he's waiting around the corner for you.....

SiDHEaD 08 December 2004 03:58 PM

Number plate noted and flagged on the PNC i expect ;)

Paulo P 08 December 2004 04:02 PM

I so want a laser jammer! It's good to know it works though :) I'd be well chuffed!

Freak 08 December 2004 04:08 PM

which one do you have?
prices/info sil vous plait

FrenchBoy 08 December 2004 04:16 PM

I have an LRC100 that I bought from Jaycee on here.
He can be found in the group buy section I believe!

Either that or just say his name 3 times on a laser jammer thread and he usually appears!

jaycee 08 December 2004 04:56 PM

Doesn't need to be 3 times, once will do!! :D :D

MadMark 08 December 2004 06:26 PM

A good pair of eyes do me just fine! Once got done done on a Laser - he fired twice and did me on the second reading ..... 101mph!

Thanks to the reduced number of traffic officers - that chance has reduced by 25% ....... :D

awd wrx 09 December 2004 08:02 AM

Unfortunatly a good pair of eyes wont do it , if he see's you before you see him BANG , he's had you , and they find some sneaky places to hide in Wales , I have the LRC100 fitted to my car and it's the best / most satisfying mod I have ever fitted , it always gives me a chuckle thinking of the guy in the van giving his gun a little tap wondering why it didn't work straight away :D

FrenchBoy 09 December 2004 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Unfortunatly a good pair of eyes wont do it , if he see's you before you see him BANG , he's had you , and they find some sneaky places to hide in Wales , I have the LRC100 fitted to my car and it's the best / most satisfying mod I have ever fitted , it always gives me a chuckle thinking of the guy in the van giving his gun a little tap wondering why it didn't work straight away :D

What's your preferred method AWD?
Do you turn it off to let them get a reading or do you just carry on past them with your middle finger in the air?

Dazza01 09 December 2004 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jaycee
Doesn't need to be 3 times, once will do!! :D :D

Jaycee, has a lazer alert on his pc :D every time his mane is typed on SN his little device seated on his desk flashers and beeps at him :D:D:D:D

awd wrx 09 December 2004 12:11 PM

no I get under then knock it off so they can then get a reading , I would love to do the finger job but it wouldn't be long before they come knocking on my door :D

jaycee 10 December 2004 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Jaycee, has a lazer alert on his pc :D every time his mane is typed on SN his little device seated on his desk flashers and beeps at him :D:D:D:D

How did you know???? :eek: :D :D