ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   M3 321bhp vs MY99 PPP Decat (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/383827-m3-321bhp-vs-my99-ppp-decat.html)

jjones 30 November 2004 09:34 AM

M3 321bhp vs MY99 PPP Decat

i beat an m3.

first off i must say he was trying before we get the "he couldn't have been trying" brigade.

secondly there were no twisties envolved.

i have a few witnesses who were higly amused by the whole event.

there was a queue at the entrance the the petrol station last night so i drove around to the other entrance and parked up behind a car at the end pump. eventually the driver comes out the station and drives off. i pull forward into the vacant pump and mr M3 who had been waiting patiently at the other entrance lost out. he tried to mouth something but i was too busy laughing at the irony of the situation to notice.

he then lose his rag, reversed flat out back accross the forecourt and then attempted to wheelspin up the road like a petulent school kid. think his traction control messed up his gangsta hard man getaway tho.

so next time instead of blocking the entrance up and hanging back trying to get the next available pump he may have to queue behind a vehicle and take a chance.

scoob 1 : bmw m3 0

Bobby Peru 30 November 2004 09:48 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jjones 30 November 2004 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh look someones taking the piss out of your precious bmw's. you never carried out the threat of leaving here for anti-bmw comments then?

Bobby Peru 30 November 2004 10:01 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

RobEvo5 30 November 2004 12:14 PM

Have had an M3 Evo and Scoobies and the Scooby is quicker in a straight line, and gives the the feeling of being much much quicker.

My old 328I felt nearly as quick and an M3. M3's IMHO are Overated cars, but the new M3 similar BHP is a real animal.

Power to weight!

davyboy 30 November 2004 12:39 PM

Of course, the slower car is faster........................

Sub97 30 November 2004 01:36 PM

....and all BMW drivers are w*nkers. Unless you've come from an Impreza to a BMW, and then you're alright, because you've had an Impreza. Although people with E46 M3's apparently have to get used to slower straight line speed then a standard classic scoob....

;)

gso 30 November 2004 01:38 PM

LOL...class...well done mate... show em how its done.... lmao!! :D

Lust4Life 30 November 2004 02:12 PM

E36 M3's don't have traction control.

FletchCSL 30 November 2004 02:19 PM

Quite funny actually, did act like a little boy. Make a nice change to claiming to have beaten one in a drag race lol.

Just as a side note the E36 has no traction control.

Also the E46 isnt really that much of a faster car than the E36 Evo in a stright line. 321bhp vs 343bhp in a heavier car.

chrisp 30 November 2004 06:59 PM

power to weight is interesting

320bhp and 1240kg= 258bhp/1000kgs

e46 m3 338bhp and 1570kg = 215bhp/1000kgs

e46 m3 csl 355bhp and 1385kg = 256bhp/1000kgs

LG John 30 November 2004 06:59 PM

I'd have been p!ssed off at you too. Effectively you skipped the queue and that is very annoying. I however accept her perhaps didn't position his car very well.

jjones 30 November 2004 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I'd have been p!ssed off at you too. Effectively you skipped the queue and that is very annoying. I however accept her perhaps didn't position his car very well.

if i had tagged on behind the two people who were hanging back from the pumps then i would have had the back half of the car on the main road. so i entered the garage from the other entrance and just pulled up behind a car already at the pumps (this car was facing the queue (of two people) at the other entrance). as there are two entrances there is no right or wrong way to getting at the pumps.

look at it this way you do not go to a supermarket checkout and then hang around waiting for a free till tart do you? you make a choice, join a line, and wait it out. it just so happened that i got lucky (there are 8 possible filling points but all were busy when i arrived) and my chosen pump became available before mr m3 had his pick of the other 7 pumps.

so not really taking the piss with the queue - just mr m3 thought it was his god given right to use which pump he wanted to.

fatscoobyfella 30 November 2004 07:18 PM

Ermmm..you will get scooby owners a bad name doin that..ive had an E36 M3 and i have had 2 scoobs..totally different thing really..Scoob is like an M3 with stabalisers on!!!

Both good motors in their own right..

LG John 30 November 2004 07:21 PM

Good argument presented well. I'd have still set light to the stream of fuel from my pump and flamed your scooby :p

S.B. 30 November 2004 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by chrisp

No it isn't :)

Bobby Peru 30 November 2004 07:54 PM

No it isn't

:thumb:

R1916v 30 November 2004 07:55 PM

As much of a **** jj is ( :) ) have to agree, the Tescos where I fill up has the same problem. People hang back way too far waiting for a free pump, so much so traffic spills out onto the roundabout on the main road.

Tescos have even put a sign up asking people to just pick a pump and queue up at it, not cherry pick, but they still don't. So I just drive round em and pick one pump and wait. Who gives a toss if I get to use one first or end up waiting 5 minutes longer, least I'm not about to cause a bloody crash.

chrisp 30 November 2004 08:03 PM

We have, I fear, confused power with greatness. (Stewart L. Udall)

S.B. 30 November 2004 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by chrisp

320bhp and 1240kg= 258bhp/1000kgs

e46 m3 338bhp and 1570kg = 215bhp/1000kgs

e46 m3 csl 355bhp and 1385kg = 256bhp/1000kgs

Are you some sort of ptw geek?

chrisp 30 November 2004 08:10 PM

yep

chrisp 30 November 2004 08:16 PM

heres another one for you

EVO 8 MR340 - 345bhp and 1400kgs = 246bhp/1000kgs

RB170 01 December 2004 09:05 AM

LMAO

You should have chased him up the road and laughed at him and before you lot say"You wouldn't have caught him blah blah blah" yes he would have I know for a fact :D ;)

Bobby Peru 01 December 2004 09:39 AM

Yeah, you really showed him, I bet he can hardly sleep at night for the shame!! :cuckoo:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

davyboy 01 December 2004 09:43 AM

just so I am clear.

Tell me how a decat impreza (240bhp) is faster than a 321 bhp M3?

I know its heavier, but it also does 0-100 in less than 13 secs........which is faster than a P1....so unless your car is faster than a P1....in aint going to happen.

RB170 01 December 2004 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy
just so I am clear.

Tell me how a decat impreza (240bhp) is faster than a 321 bhp M3?

I know its heavier, but it also does 0-100 in less than 13 secs........which is faster than a P1....so unless your car is faster than a P1....in aint going to happen.

Guess what

Where did you get 240bhp from ?

Even without the decat a 99 RB5 WRSPORT is running a minimum of 250bhp and that's 95 ron :o (who would do such a thing)

So add H&S decat down pipe with equivalant up pipe & Optimax & octane booster and what do you get ?

An M3 in your rear view

Neanderthal 01 December 2004 11:07 AM

The clue is in the name....

slim_boy_fat 01 December 2004 12:35 PM

Its soo funny how you have to defend yourself against the M3. Its clear to me that you all really secretly wish you could afford an M3 but clearly cant. So you have to go on, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on etc etc about how much faster your car is.. Yawn yawn, well it might or might not be quicker than an M3 but my 944T could pump you up the @rse. :p

Floyd 01 December 2004 12:49 PM

Power to weight is nothing without control. John Ch8 ver7. Here endeth the lesson, sinners.

F

TAINTON 01 December 2004 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by RB170
Guess what

Where did you get 240bhp from ?

Even without the decat a 99 RB5 WRSPORT is running a minimum of 250bhp and that's 95 ron :o (who would do such a thing)

So add H&S decat down pipe with equivalant up pipe & Optimax & octane booster and what do you get ?

An M3 in your rear view

240bhp is the official figure as quoted by Subaru, may be wrong but the RB5 is no different to say mine > MY00PPP bar cosmetics obviously.

Going for full decat shortly and tbh I still wouldnt try it on with an M3 because imo id loose so not wirth trying.

Regards