ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Used dealer prices on UK/EU Sti's (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/383795-used-dealer-prices-on-uk-eu-stis.html)

eng622 30 November 2004 12:05 AM

Used dealer prices on UK/EU Sti's

Looked at 3 all 2002 with lowish milage around 15K. All had 2 owners, one had been on fourcourt for months, could not be started (flat battery) and on lifting the bonnet a rat quickly vacated its nest on the battery. Wanted 17K and on wed. it is going to auction where it is expected to make a least 16K. Registered Jan. 2002 and from what I have read the new non prodrive version was not available till June 2002 ( EU import?).
Second car UK car Oct 2002 looked fine until starting the engine. Within a minute there was smoke from the RH front (LOOKING at front) of the engine. The dealer said it was condensatioin but I could smell burning but not sure if electrical or friction type.The dealer in the end got the message and quickly switched off. What could the fault have been?
The 3rd car I viewed had the prodrive cosmetic kit and was a Ma. 2002 and seemed ok.
The point is despite the lowish milage they were all priced at 16/17K and offered to give me very little for my PE.
Advice sought on whether to lash out more cash and buy new especially in view of the upgaded spec. Missed a 2002 Sti on Autotrader with 21K for £13,450 (private sale) but now thinking that this is a reasonable price given the MY 2005 is now available.
Advice sought, thanks Melvyn

cw42 30 November 2004 08:19 AM

If your looking for a my02 sti, then you could do no worse than check out "bain's" add in the "for sale cars" section of scoobynet.
there are some cheaper cars than that out there, and for 16k you can pick up a standard my03.
I've decided to keep my my99 for a while, at least until after xmas, as the market for selling is rubbish at the mo'.
chris.

corradoboy 30 November 2004 08:37 AM

Standard 03 WRX's seem to be around £15k now (14 for EU) with PPP adding another £1k. I paid £16.3k for mine in january, so prices seem to be static ATM, but I'm ready for the drop :( I've seen STi8's as low as £18k with reasonable mileage, so £17k for the unpopular bugeyes (flame suit on :D ) is now starting to seem steep, especially if you consider which will be easier to sell when you move on.

Steve vRS 30 November 2004 08:55 AM

I had a bubeye MY01 WRX so feel qualified to comment.

I'm in the market for an Impreza at the moment. I'm torn between a nearly new STi (excellent value), a brand new MY05 STi (DCCD :D , depreciation :( ) or a classic Type RA ( big grins and cheap as chips :D, waiting for something expensive to break :( ).

I would not consider a bug and I suspect I am not alone. Spend a bit more on a MY03 or abit less on a classic. It will be worth it come resale time.

Steve

pin777 30 November 2004 09:13 AM

my dealer is now selling brand new my04 wrx£16,950

WRBlue-STi7-Prodrive 30 November 2004 10:20 AM

There is an sti 02 prodrive type uk one at robinsons in rochdale in the showroom - looks mint - might be worth having a look at that!!!! its got defi's also and i think its about the price u are looking at spending

BradN 30 November 2004 10:58 AM

The prices seem a bit steep for blobeyes. I'm putting mine up for sale in the next couple of months and I'm looking to get £17.5-18. MY03 Sti with PPP (300 bhp), Black with Gunmetal wheels, 32,000 miles mostly motorway, FMDSH (just had 30,000 mile major service) no trackdays, like new inside.

r32 30 November 2004 12:01 PM

Huge depreciation at the moment .............. good to buy but not to sell!

Steve Perriam 30 November 2004 12:50 PM

yeah we just bought an MY04 STi and got a bit of a deal on a car with one owner and 2.7k miles. We decided it had to be an 03 or later due to the wife hating the bugeye car looks !

We saw a couple of 04 and even 54 plate EU STi advertised for 20k with 15k or less miles.

what sort of budget are you working to......